Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

No Buildup for New Forsaken Leader?

Let's operate under the assumption that Sylvanas is gone from the Warchief seat. If so it's highly likely that the player Forsaken will have a new kind of leader in her disappearance, UNLESS they want to do another Orcs/Saurfang thing where the race doesn't have a leader for an expansion or two.

Why is there no buildup right now for her replacement? If it's Nathanos, there has to be some HEAVY plot twist to make him ditch Sylvanas. There's inklings of buildup for Voss and Calia (who I still think is an allied race leader over a new Forsaken leader) but they're almost completely irrelevant in 8.1 and 8.2 besides one or two bits of dialog.

Can they really say "HERE IS NEW LEADER" in 8.3 alone, or are we seeing another post-MOP situation where they're going to be in the Horde still but with no unified leader?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its gonna be voss. We see her have few generic "im a good person" moments in BFA so thats it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Let's operate under the assumption that Sylvanas is gone from the Warchief seat.
    Get something more than an "assumption" and maybe we can have this buildup you want.

They did kinda the same thing with Rokhan and the Darkspear trolls, did they not?

I hope its Calia. She's been name dropped by Jaina and Anduin in BFA, who's off training to learn the ways of undeath to be a better leader for her people. Then there's Derrek, an uncorrupted undead that does not follow Sylvanas, being whisked away by "others like him" who are preparing to reintegrate into human society. If they're going to merge fractions, Calia is the best compromise to link Forsaken and Alliance. Nathanos said he'd follow his queen to hell, and Voss for some reason hates the Alliance in spite of previously being a neutral who hunted necromancers.

Also, I want undead paladins and this would piss off all of the Sylvanas loyalists who were reveling watching their smug queen burn Teldrassil. They will never escape being lead by a Menethil.

All hail, Calia. True Queen of Lordaeron. Lordaeron is not a country, but a people.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I hope its Calia. She's been name dropped by Jaina and Anduin in BFA, who's off training to learn the ways of undeath to be a better leader for her people. Then there's Derrek, an uncorrupted undead that does not follow Sylvanas, being whisked away by "others like him" who are preparing to reintegrate into human society. If they're going to merge fractions, Calia is the best compromise to link Forsaken and Alliance. Nathanos said he'd follow his queen to hell, and Voss for some reason hates the Alliance in spite of previously being a neutral who hunted necromancers.

Also, I want undead paladins and this would piss off all of the Sylvanas loyalists who were reveling watching their smug queen burn Teldrassil. They will never escape being lead by a Menethil.

All hail, Calia. True Queen of Lordaeron. Lordaeron is not a country, but a people.
    Calia is weird, because if she raises more Light Forsaken they could really go to either Horde or Alliance. That's why I'm unsure if she's the next Forsaken leader who is just a weird exception to the rest of the playable Forsaken (kind of like Sylvanas!) or just a Light Forsaken AR leader for an AR that is going to either Horde or Alliance.

I used to think Calia was for sure an allied race leader for redeemed forsaken. I still think it's a strong possibility. But this Crossroads cinematic is clearly leaning on a faction erasure/unification, so if that's the case Calia could definitely be a new leader for the forsaken.
    If not, I think maybe with factions dissolving, it will be every race for itself, and Sylvanas could remain a leader of the forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    If not, I think maybe with factions dissolving, it will be every race for itself, and Sylvanas could remain a leader of the forsaken.
    I think factions breaking up would be the only way Sylvanas could stay as a leader, and it definitely does tie in with Blizzards portrayal of 99.99% of the Forsaken being blight-happy/kinda evil (which implies they want this to remain the fantasy for the Forsaken moving forward).

10+ Year Old Account
    How do we know it's not going to be another Vol'jin situation? Aka no actual replacement?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Why can't she still be forsaken leader if unseated from being Warchief?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Because she's not pro-Alliance, so obv she and her loyalists can no longer be a part of the Horde :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Because she's not pro-Alliance, so obv she and her loyalists can no longer be a part of the Horde :P
    + she isn't sad enough (nor honorable) to be in same faction as sadfang.

Right now she could MAYBE still stick around in the Horde (considering Baine -was- a traitor etc etc) but I'm sure she's going to do something in 8.3 that makes everyone want to exile her. Killing Saurfang, killing Thrall, invading (INSERT HORDE CITY HERE), etc.

ugh....wouldn't surprise me. Even then, forsaken would probably go with her. Honestly I don't think she is so attached to being warchief anyway. It's just helping her get what she wants, whatever that is, atm. Wouldn't surprise me if at the end she just shrugs and give it up as soon as someone confronts her about the position.

Id put my money on Calia Menethil, arent the forsaken her people anyway? So being lightforged undead gives her a stwp in the door, besides why even bring her into plot and not use it?

It'll be Calia. The race was partly eviscerated in BTS and it's time to finish the job.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

ugh....wouldn't surprise me. Even then, forsaken would probably go with her. Honestly I don't think she is so attached to being warchief anyway. It's just helping her get what she wants, whatever that is, atm. Wouldn't surprise me if at the end she just shrugs and give it up as soon as someone confronts her about the position.
    Her attachment to the Warchief title depends on which part or edition of the BtS book your read.

If you read the original preview, there she's saying that she cba about being the Warchief and it actually hindered her plans because she preferred moving in and acting from the shadows. If you read released version of the book, there she's extremely proud of being the Warchief, and not just some shoddy Warchief, but a female standing above all those pesky men.

So I guess she's really attached to the title nowadays :P

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Right now she could MAYBE still stick around in the Horde (considering Baine -was- a traitor etc etc) but I'm sure she's going to do something in 8.3 that makes everyone want to exile her. Killing Saurfang, killing Thrall, invading (INSERT HORDE CITY HERE), etc.
    Pretty sure she is gonna be involved in fighting N'zoth somehow... otherwise she would be another garrosh.

Pretty sure she is gonna be involved in fighting N'zoth somehow... otherwise she would be another garrosh.
    Alternatively, she might be the new Gul'Dan, but instead of summoning demons and BL she's freeing old gods and stuff.

Alternatively, she might be the new Gul'Dan, but instead of summoning demons and BL she's freeing old gods and stuff.
    Which would still be another garrosh...aka villain we probably gonna fight. Which is why I don't think she is gonna be turn into one and most likely done most things to be able to reach N'zoth.