Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd like to play as Mag'har, but don't have any horde chars. So yeah, gotta waste time leveling and grinding with a char that I don't care about to be able to play the one I want.... Fun...
    I'll pass for now and hope they'll get rid on this restriction in a future patch or maybe next expansion.

Deleted
    hope you dont need all reps exalted for zandalari, would rather delete the game

Warfronts will make the rep trivial.

You still cannot create them so does it really matter yet? lol

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    What point would be in unlocking mag'har unless you're Horde?
    Same reason I unlocked the Moose-Cows and Traitor-nightelves... to enjoy the scenario. Which were both better then the obnoxious light forged. And heck, maybe Ill level one... but unlikely.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's strange. What happen if you get 7th Legion on exalted -> unlock DI -> change your main to Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's strange. What happen if you get 7th Legion on exalted -> unlock DI -> change your main to Horde?
    I'd say the rep switches to Honorbound. Just a guess though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'd say the rep switches to Honorbound. Just a guess though.
    So in theory you could just buy your access to other race. It's not very good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So in theory you could just buy your access to other race. It's not very good design.
    In theory yes... But I'm not sure and I ain't fucking throwing £27 just to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Since the reputations are different, unlike in Legion, you gotta play the faction to get them.
    Except it's exactly like Legion. Each allied race has a distinct faction rep requirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm like 99% sure that your rep for honourbound/7th legion gets converted to the other if you faction change

10+ Year Old Account
    That's bad, I've unlock the DID today, but no Maghar

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    If I farm 7th Legion rep I unlock new dorfs, but doesn't count towards unlocking mag'har?
    Or does it? :P
    Why should it? You only gained rep with a faction tied to the Dark Iron Dwarves.

Yeah, I mean I'm a little sad that I won't unlock Iron Dwarves for a long time, if ever, but at the same time I know I'll never so much as log into the character if I unlocked it and created one. I used my BfA pre-order boost on an Alliance character just to do the quest line to unlock Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves, and then created one of each and to this day they sit with absolutely no /played time on either. I'm doubtful I'll ever level that Alliance character of mine to 120, let alone do enough world quests on it to hit exalted, but to me personally it isn't a big deal. Plus it makes sense lore-wise that you wouldn't unlock an Alliance allied race as Horde and vice versa, even if that's how it worked in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Just got Mag'har, can't play Dark Irons or even start their chain on Alliance. So a pretty obvious no.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Except it's exactly like Legion. Each allied race has a distinct faction rep requirement.
    Exactly like legion? You cannot farm honorbound on alliance character. On Legion you could've hit exalted with all four reputations needed for allied races and then just do the scenario on the opposite faction.

Deleted
    That's the cost of "faction pride". :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Exactly like legion? You cannot farm honorbound on alliance character. On Legion you could've hit exalted with all four reputations needed for allied races and then just do the scenario on the opposite faction.
    Ah ok, yeah that's true. I thought you were implying that if you got faction A on one side, if you faction changed it counted for faction B on the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You need a level 70 character to make a DH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazeblade View Post
    well its a good thing DK's start at lvl 58, and dont have a prereq to play anymore

Good thing the OP already thought of that:

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    let's say new person starts playing and wants to try mag'har - ok he boosts Horde character with his BFA purchase
    After that a DH can easily be made on the other side, then go through the unlock process faster than starting all over.

Deleted
    Im sure Blizzard gonna make it faction wide in the end.