order of Embers Emissary

So I noticed today that the order of Embers Emissary awards me a polearm and no option for a ranged weapon at all. I don't understand why they would set it up so there isn't a choice.. It was a 345 Ilvl polearm too so that would have been a 20 Ilvl upgrade over my current gun. I know for warriors who are arms and fury it is offering only a 1 handed weapon also.. I just think this should be smart so that it detects what your spec is. This is just my opinion and wanted to vent a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistahyde View Post
    So I noticed today that the order of Embers Emissary awards me a polearm and no option for a ranged weapon at all. I don't understand why they would set it up so there isn't a choice.. It was a 345 Ilvl polearm too so that would have been a 20 Ilvl upgrade over my current gun. I know for warriors who are arms and fury it is offering only a 1 handed weapon also.. I just think this should be smart so that it detects what your spec is. This is just my opinion and wanted to vent a little.
    Working as intended because world quests work like legion as it is class specific and not spec specific.

Sorry to hear this happened to you though!

Happened to LOTS of people. Its pretty dumb. Saying its like legion is true but not an excuse IMO. Typically there was more than 1 relic WQ up at a time so even if there was an OS relic WQ it wasnt all there was. ALSO we had weapons given to us. At this point in Legion most people(that were trying for it)had 5m Heroic level weapons, becasue relics were every where.

There has been 1...2? WQ that offer weapons and No EMs till today, and LOTS of people got vendor fodder. Fairly poor design choice, but there will of course, be defenders of it.

And its not like weapons are raining from the sky in 5 mans.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    As they've said before, the rewards are based on class not spec. It keeps people from flip-flopping specs, loot specialization, etc for their emissary rewards and such - you know from the outset what your reward is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Happened to LOTS of people. Its pretty dumb. Saying its like legion is true but not an excuse IMO. Typically there was more than 1 relic WQ up at a time so even if there was an OS relic WQ it wasnt all there was. ALSO we had weapons given to us. At this point in Legion most people(that were trying for it)had 5m Heroic level weapons, becasue relics were every where.

There has been 1...2? WQ that offer weapons and No EMs till today, and LOTS of people got vendor fodder. Fairly poor design choice, but there will of course, be defenders of it.

They need to ensure that all weapon types are covered, that's for sure.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

I agree 100% that this fundamentally wrong.

It is that this is just another long line on the list of bad design decisions associated with BFA. it is going to hamper a lot of players fun with BFA at the start and many will not come back as a result. Truly a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    As they've said before, the rewards are based on class not spec. It keeps people from flip-flopping specs, loot specialization, etc for their emissary rewards and such - you know from the outset what your reward is.
    It screws over some more than others though.

Demon hunters are set basically, while a ret paladin has to pray it's something they can use.

Example, the emissary today was a tanking sword for paladin. I already have a 350 for tanking, but a 274 for ret on one paladin, and I don't tank on the other.

Be happy it was a weapon, for me it was wrists... I guess I'm supposed to /wrist with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It screws over some more than others though.

Demon hunters are set basically, while a ret paladin has to pray it's something they can use.

Example, the emissary today was a tanking sword for paladin. I already have a 350 for tanking, but a 274 for ret on one paladin, and I don't tank on the other.
    I agree fully, which is why I said "they need to ensure that all weapon types are covered."
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree fully, which is why I said "they need to ensure that all weapon types are covered." :)
    After I hit "Post Quick Reply"

>:(

But yeah, that popped up after hah

Weapon World Quests should reflect your current spec/loot spec, and that is something they can easily fix with a few lines of exception code.

Wouldnt it be possible for Blizzard to let players choose different items that are spec-specific at turn-in?

After all, it is just a normal quest turn in for the emissary.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Congrats on even getting a weapon.lol
    US - HORDE - Illidan
    Currently playing Brewmaster and Vengeance.
    Looking for more M+ groups to push keys and BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, that is sadly the outcome they've designed the system for. Rewards is for your class, nor your specc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I am still rocking a 270 ilvl one handers, because the game only gives me world quests for staffs and polearms.

Thanks I guess.

Could be worse, they could go back to giving you a bag for emissary rewards with gold and other useless stuff.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Edit: not sure what happened. Phone decided to post that comment again lol.
    Still hunting for weps for my toons though. Time for mythics lol
    US - HORDE - Illidan
    Currently playing Brewmaster and Vengeance.
    Looking for more M+ groups to push keys and BG.

My mage got wrists and the horde got 700 gold today.. just for perspective. That being said, yeah it sucks that highly eclusive rewards are another layer of RNG on the base RNG of even offering a decent emissary reward. But that was the same during legion when you constantly got relics and trinekts for of spec weapons, especially bad for hybrids that got shit like int trinkets and life relics for ret and prot paladins for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Weapon World Quests should reflect your current spec/loot spec, and that is something they can easily fix with a few lines of exception code.
    They didn't fix it in Legion so I doubt they do that for BFA. Apparently it is too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    They didn't fix it in Legion so I doubt they do that for BFA. Apparently it is too much work.
    The choice is deliberate as they wanted to avoid you having to change specs all the time to see which loot drops. Imho they should just implement a little pop up that let's you chose a reward, the system is already in place for quests, they have the tech! So lazy dev is lazy is essentially the answer as to the why, or at least being stubborn. Well WQs will be useless in 3 weeks anyway, so /shrug I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem with OS gear on wqs. I do see a problem with the massive difference in QoL between some classes and others in the form of weapon slot drops needed.

A rogue has to roll 4 weapon drops in order to have gear for all their specs.
    A mage has to roll 1 weapon.

Blizz fixed this and actually had a completely equal gearing process last expansion. Now it's imbalanced again.

-Edit- Equal for weapon/Offhand slots at least.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2018-08-28 at 09:23 PM.