you mean like transmog?
    Sure they could name it that.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Sure they could name it that.
    You're an idiot, that's already in the game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You're an idiot, that's already in the game
    /whoosh. Do I really need to add a snark tag to the end of my original post.
    Last edited by smityx; 2018-09-04 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Forgot quote

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    It's so they can direct their time into the highly compelling azerite system.
    Yahoooooo!

And design beautiful Skyrim dwarfen armor.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Good God, did he really think you were serious?

How do people like that guy function in the real world?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Getting this reply quite a bit so I'll bite.

There were raids where it was very easy to including the raid's theme. I.E. firelands. Add a bit orange and fire and ta-da! It's a firelands set.

Many sets are not themed for the raid from what I've seen. Care to thrown in some examples?
    I'm not the user you were originally responding to, but I will be glad to provide examples to prove his point (which is in fact true). I'll be using dk sets since I'm more familiar with them: T10 resembles Arthas armor, T11 is the armor Nefarian is wearing, T12 is inspired at the bat creature found in Firelands, T15 is literally a Megaera armor, T16 is titan inspired, T17 is ogre oriented, T18 is demon inspired (Tyrant Velhari also wears it).

I could also reference other classes examples like Warlock T13 using old gods theme (heavily present in DS), or mage T14 featuring oriental garnments and scrolls, or warrior T15 being a Mogu armor. Basically I'm pretty sure every raid set from Cata to WoD was a mix of class fantasy+raid/patch theme, with a few exceptions here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    This. I don't mind them styling sets more towards the general theme of the instance, but imho they could have still easily styled these sets a bit for each class as well. It doesn't need to be comepltely different, but adding engravings, patterns, effects, etc that fit the class would have been an easy thing. For plate for eample they could have easily done alot of things with the face plate and shoulders.
    Same feelings here. Uldir is basically a Titan aesthetic with some Troll flair on it. We've had Titan aesthetic before. Magically, Blizzard managed to make class spin on that. We had Troll aesthetic before too. So not only did Blizzard abandon class sets to make location-specific aesthetics for aesthetics they've already covered in the past anyway, but also - in Titan case - aesthetic they managed to mix with class sets as well. As Trump would have said, it was the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals. And yet we have people defending this as some glorious change for the better. Blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    In terms of art there is no lack of effort. All of the zones have a ton of new art each armour type has more sets then in the past with two dungeon and leveling sets then tons of mobs getting new models. Th art is the one thing that is objectively not low effort.
    "A ton"? Let's look at the example of cloth gear (I assume the amount of sets is the same for other armor types). Zandalar has 1 quest set. Kul Tiras another. Same applies to dungeons. Zandalari dungeons have one set and Kul Tiran have another.

Legion at start had 1 dungeon set, 1 questing set one set that was spread across higher ilvl questing rewards, crafting gear and some dungeon items.

One measly set difference. At the cost of downgrading raid sets from 1 mythic version and 1 LFR/normal/heroic version for each class to 1 mythic version and 1 LFR/normal/heroic version per armor type. That's 6 to 2 difference. For cloth, where it's even worse for leather.

Amazing trade off. Immense effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    "A ton"? Let's look at the example of cloth gear (I assume the amount of sets is the same for other armor types). Zandalar has 1 quest set. Kul Tiras another. Same applies to dungeons. Zandalari dungeons have one set and Kul Tiran have another.

Legion at start had 1 dungeon set, 1 questing set one set that was spread across higher ilvl questing rewards, crafting gear and some dungeon items.

One measly set difference. At the cost of downgrading raid sets from 1 mythic version and 1 LFR/normal/heroic version for each class to 1 mythic version and 1 LFR/normal/heroic version per armor type. That's 6 to 2 difference. For cloth, where it's even worse for leather.

Amazing trade off. Immense effort.
    So your just gonna ignore the 4 sets per armour type from warfronts/pvp that is then doubled as horde and ally get different sets?

I prefer it this way and have no problem with it. The way Azerite pieces work makes tier sets obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Good God, did he really think you were serious?

How do people like that guy function in the real world?
    They usually don't.

Deleted
    Be nice, he's clearly slow if he's complaining about this now and not a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    To provide raid themed sets like they've said multiple times already?

Whether you believe they put up much effort in the raid sets, well...I like them personally. Raid themed sets are bound to look similar.
    That's BS. They took away 12 unique armour sets and special bonuses so they could give us 4 bland similar set with nothing interesting about them. That is 100% pure uncreative lazy ass design plain and simple.