Deleted

Which of these trinkets should I choose?

Hello!

At the moment I am running with Darkmoon Deck: Tides and and Twitching Tentacle of Xalzaix (ilvl 355). This week I got a Lady Waycrest's Music Box (ilvl 370) from m+ and I'm having a hard time figuring out which trinkets I should use. I've heard quite a lot of good of Tides, and I feel the proc of Xalzaix is not to uncommon. The healing from Music Box is quite bad, but it is a lot of intellect.

In I think the Music Box is good, as it can deal damage as well when dotting up and throwing some Wraths but I'm not sure.

EDIT: I have 890 haste and 1,196 crit with Tides and Xalzaix equipped.

Which two of these would you say is best for raiding and m+?

Thanks in advance and sorry for no links, I don't have enough posts to post links.

Boomkin I am assuming? The Lady trinket is not that great. If you were a healer maybe because of the ilvl and extra heal proc, but if you're a damage dealer than I wouldn't take that one over the other two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by griselda View Post
    Boomkin I am assuming? The Lady trinket is not that great. If you were a healer maybe because of the ilvl and extra heal proc, but if you're a damage dealer than I wouldn't take that one over the other two.
    Seems like I forgot the most important part. I'm resto.

LOL okay well, in my opinion I would check your own logs and see how much mana and extra healing you are getting from the Tides. As a Disco myself, I felt it was kinda cheap overall and I did swap that one for the Lady trinket. It barely restored mana when I looked at the logs and the added heal was barely registering so I just use the Lady Waycrest Music Box. Since yours is your high ilvl, its prolly worth trying out since you ARE resto!

I know the OP said he was resto but I need to say what you're saying about lady waycrest trinket for boomkin is absolutely wrong.

Lady waycrest is one of the best trinkets for single target damage:

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#druid_balance
    https://www.chickendb.com/#powerbi

Those were two different thoughts. It was just me first asking if he was boomkin since I did not read or see where he mentioned the spec and his reply to ME at least said he forgot to mention the most important part (being that he was resto) sooooo......

Then the next line was just me giving my personal opinion on the trinket overall (that its not that great) but it was not meant to be connected to the previous musing of "guessing you are boomkin".

Those were two different thoughts. It was just me first asking if he was boomkin since I did not read or see where he mentioned the spec and his reply to ME at least said he forgot to mention the most important part (being that he was resto) sooooo......

Then the next line was just me giving my personal opinion on the trinket overall (that its not that great) but it was not meant to be connected to the previous musing of "guessing you are boomkin".
    When you commented on its use for damage you didn't state it as an opinion, you wrote it as fact. Hence the need for correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    I know the OP said he was resto but I need to say what you're saying about lady waycrest trinket for boomkin is absolutely wrong.

Lady waycrest is one of the best trinkets for single target damage:

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#druid_balance
    https://www.chickendb.com/#powerbi
    Theoretically, yes. Practically, it has some serious targeting issues.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Theoretically, yes. Practically, it has some serious targeting issues.
    From what I recall the issues are about it firing randomly and potentially pulling other packs.

That still doesn't discredit it as a powerful Single Target trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    From what I recall the issues are about it firing randomly and potentially pulling other packs.

That still doesn't discredit it as a powerful Single Target trinket.
    It's pretty much guaranteed to do that since it prioritises targets further away. It's good for single target if you can be sure it will not target anything other than your current target, which isn't quite as easy due to it's wonky reach and target priorities. Overall, i found it to much hassle to be worth it.

tides is pretty pathetic no matter how you look at it. it does an average of 7-10k healing for me in a typical uldir boss fight. 10k total healing...that's pathetic. the mana return is also pretty terrible, gaining you enough mana for one extra rejuv for every five minutes you are in an encounter, and most uldir bosses are what, 4-8 mins? so yea, 2500 mana or so.

so if you have a trinket that has higher intellect but a "meh" proc, take the intellect. heck, take a stat stick with a good proc. i personally use a 355 gilded loa figurine over both tides and a 370 inoculating extract since it has a very reliable 20% uptime, paired with an ignition mage's fuse for innervate funsies.

all of this info can be easily found by doing a little poking around in your logs, or anyone else's public logs. it can be a little daunting to find certain things like mana tides info but i am happy to walk someone through it and frankly, if you are concerned enough about your healing to post on a forum then you should take the time to learn to analyze logs as it will help you out immensely.