Thread: 8.1 allied race

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

8.1 allied race

heh, no new race for dk again, i suppose;p

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    This not news at all. We knew way before BFA launched that the new allied races could not be death knight. Think it has to do with the heritage armor and how Death Knights would get an advantage over others obtaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    This not news at all. We knew way before BFA launched that the new allied races could not be death knight. Think it has to do with the heritage armor and how Death Knights would get an advantage over others obtaining it.
    I can think of no possible solutions to this, none at all

The first 55 levels are the easy part. It's the 60-80 grind that is horrendous

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one problem that could be solved by just making heritage armor only obtainable by classes other than DK. The other issue is that you can't do the races starting zone as a DK, and the DK starting zone takes place pre-ICC, so the races weren't even parts of the faction back then. Blizzard made a stretch for the Goblins and Worgen, but I don't think they're gonna do it again.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

hehe, i love to dream...

oh wait , i forgot that blizzard dont care anymore about the fans and more about the money to make =)

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe, i love to dream...

oh wait , i forgot that blizzard dont care anymore about the fans and more about the money to make =)
    Well there are only two races that could really be Death Knights...and even one of those two are a stretch.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    hehe, i love to dream...

If you think anything Blizzard has out is a cashgrab you haven't played many games.

hehe, i love to dream...

We knew that for awhile now as well.

From a lore stand point they won’t allow any new race to be a DK....look at Pandaren. It’s because the DK’s in game are from Arthas raising them and he is now “dead” so no more DK’s. once Bolvar starts up with the fire forged DK’s and Scourge then you can have your DK Zandalari and DK Nightborne

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    From a lore stand point they won’t allow any new race to be a DK....look at Pandaren. It’s because the DK’s in game are from Arthas raising them and he is now “dead” so no more DK’s. once Bolvar starts up with the fire forged DK’s and Scourge then you can have your DK Zandalari and DK Nightborne
    We can make more DKs already, we saw that in our Legion order hall quest line when we were recreating the 4 horsemen. The starting zone & quests are a bit of an issue, though.

I honestly dont understand why Worgens/Goblins could even be DKs. The story doesnt make sense having them. The LK was dealt with when Cata was released. Technically there shouldnt be any new DKs at all. Unless thats not Arthas but Bolvar raising new DKs?

- - - Updated - - -

from a Lore standpoint Goblins and Worgens shouldnt be DKs either.

Wrong standpoint though. Worgens, Goblins and all the Class Hall quests tell the opposite story. Pretty much anyone who died can become a Death Knight (or an Abomination of sort).

8.1 should be Alliance Murlocs and Horde Murlocs that then betray their chosen faction due to "communication misunderstanding" and form a third faction of Murlocs who have enslaved Azshara and N'Zoth to do their bidding and the world is dominated by MRLGRLGRLG.

I want Kul Tiran Death Knights (KT DKs).

Kul Tiras is right below friggin Howling Fjord. If the Lich King could dredge up some Goblin DKs from god-knows-where, I'm sure he could snatch a couple Kul Tirans into Acherus on the way from Icecrown to Eastern Plaugelands. I'm never getting Vrykul as an Allied Race, so give me KT DKs.

Don't give me the Heritage Armor BS excuse Blizzard; no KT DK wants to look like a sailor. Just disable Heritage Armor for KT DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The first 55 levels are the easy part. It's the 60-80 grind that is horrendous
    60-110 for me, leveled most classes i liked in legion, now trying to do it again for heritage armor isnt happening for me

- - - Updated - - -

easy solution to the DK/DH restrictions, make it so those classes can't unlock the armor. That simple

If they ever make Ogres playable, there's no reason why they shouldn't be DK's, right? They were around back then and there are plenty Ogre DK's in lore.

Huh, Dark Irons were around Wrath though, it's just Blizzard wanting Allied Races to be its own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I honestly dont understand why Worgens/Goblins could even be DKs. The story doesnt make sense having them. The LK was dealt with when Cata was released. Technically there shouldnt be any new DKs at all. Unless thats not Arthas but Bolvar raising new DKs?

- - - Updated - - -

from a Lore standpoint Goblins and Worgens shouldnt be DKs either.
    i think even the player as deathlord could raise new dks in legion?

If not, LK Bolvar did it.

Btw its not fire forged dks, rather frost-fire forged dks.

The only race that does not make sense as a dk, is worgen. The curse of the worgen or curse of lycantropy cannot co exist with the curse of undead/scourge. So blizz messed this one up.

Panda dks may look silly, but can technically exist. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    i think even the player as deathlord could raise new dks in legion?
    The player usually got an extra action button to raise the 4 horsemen to finish the ceremony. Nazgrim, Whitemane, and Trollbane were all rez'd during the Legion campaign. Being surprised that new races can be DK is a bit silly, as we're able to create them whenever. I mean, we attacked LHC to make Tirion into one.

I'd at least like the option to race change to an Allied Race. Fuck lore.

I think goblin DKs are fine. Worgen DKs are weird af and only made it so that people wouldn't complain about Horde bias. Goblins are everywhere, so it's not like Arthas would go in-lore "wait, this race isn't playable yet. Let me not raise it" and they've been dicking around with the Horde long enough that one could reasonably see the Horde taking in a goblin DK refugee even if goblins weren't in the Horde yet at the time of WotLK.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?