Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Professions is interesting to have but should be reconsidered in terms systems and profits. I prefer alternate of them but prioritized my character more.

Deleted
    herbalism is the best proffesion, always good money from it

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I don't like the current iteration that much either, their usefulness varies too greatly. For their usefulness i'd rank them as such:

Herbalism (at the start of an xpac every gathering profession is in high demand, with herbalism staying high demand for the rest of the xpac guaranteed)
    Mining (Very useful at the start, will drop off hard with time, though, since there's no ongoing need despite little demand from jewelcrafters)
    Alchemy (The only useful crafting profession, staying relevant for raids for the whole xpac)
    Enchanting (Dialed down a lot, but people will at least need SOME new enchants for new rings and weapons)
    Jewelcrafting (Lasting demand for at least SOME gems, rings and weapons way too expensive for what they do)
    Skinning (Least useful gathering, nobody needs leather but leatherworkers, which itself is pretty useless)
    Inscription (Contracts are at least somewhat useful at the beginning, will drop hard with time though, provides buffs for smaller raids and Vantusrunes for progress bosses)
    Blacksmithing/Leatherworking/Tailoring (Pretty useless, can't even sell crafted epics, little to no useful consumables, Tailoring at least has bags in the long term that will always be needed, leather harnesses and stirrups not so much. Plus: Skilling is insanely expensive at the start, 50 ore for one skill point? Better sell it on the AH until prices have dropped significantly)
    Engineering (Is this even still in the game? Pretty irrelevant toys and gadgets. From being a must-have for utility for raiders to being somewhat uselees and expensive)

I liked the game better when there were more enchants, gems, belt buckles or extra sockets etc. Now it'S pretty pointless to have a crafting profession besides Alchemy.
    Fully agree with every point.

All my alts have alchemy for the flask double duration. All other crafting professions are pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    Okay, I tried.

I can’t be bothered arguing with someone who can’t quite grasp something written in unambiguous language.
    Yet he's right. Why do you need 385 gear if your maximum challenge is LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yet he's right. Why do you need 385 gear if your maximum challenge is LFR?
    It's very, very, very simple.

It's because players want to develop their characters, independently to their raiding activity.

I can't put it any more unambiguously than that. Honestly, it's blindingly obvious. He's absolutely wrong.