Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gearing to 320 is extremely easy. Even lazy casuals can do it. Even OP can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Except Horde literally got free loot on a platter as you put it. I wouldn't even have started leveling alts if not for the catchup mechanic I thought was going to be in game for alliance soon.
    Sooo you are saying you thought Warfronts were a catch up Mechanic? From what I can see, Horde haven't done it. If so.. Please give me proof. Give me the proof that someone has geared ALL their 120 alts to 340 from Warfronts. Give me some proof. If this is true then everyone hordie who geared their alts from warfronts should have their shit stripped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    Sooo you are saying you thought Warfronts were a catch up Mechanic? From what I can see, Horde haven't done it. If so.. Please give me proof. Give me the proof that someone has geared ALL their 120 alts to 340 from Warfronts. Give me some proof. If this is true then everyone hordie who geared their alts from warfronts should have their shit stripped.
    Well I dunno about ALL but as was posted earlier Heelsvsbabyface (not my favorite WoW youtuber in the slightest but...eh) was able to gear his character up in a few hours as he points out in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv9aJeIInW8&t=1s
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

I went from ~277 ilvl to 318 on a Horde alt in one short evening of WFs. One more evening would have gotten me to 340 easily. Hell, I even had one drop Titanforge all the way to 385.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Well I dunno about ALL but as was posted earlier Heelsvsbabyface (not my favorite WoW youtuber in the slightest but...eh) was able to gear his character up in a few hours as he points out in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv9aJeIInW8&t=1s
    I will check it out. Yeah He's not my Fav either tbh. Heelsvsbabyface has been kinda annoying me as of late.. Idk why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Well tough shit I'm afraid. Not having a minimu iLvl on Warfronts was either a mistake or a bad decision. It would be silly to exacerbate the effects of it by allowing more players to benefit.
    It honestly wasn't players don't want to do fing world quests they aren't fun. Being able to jump into warfronts would let players get into mythics and lfr quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    What you are completely ignoring for a fresh 120 that the gear that you can obtain (through WQs) relies on your current itemlevel. When you ding 120 with an itemlevel of ~280, and can get one 370 and one 340 item from a single warfront, you skipped all the way to item level 300. This will instantaneously increase the itemlevel of all WQ gear on the map by roughy the same amount. It will be significantly easier (aka cost less time) to reach the breakpoint to queue for heroics (WF are only available every few weeks) or LFR, or even to manually join groups in the tool.

The itemlevel of the players in the warfront has very little influence on the outcome. The damage required to quickly beat the WF comes from NPCs, which you can buff by colllecting items. Get two war riders, they do 20k dps each. Get a kodo and have a small bloodlust up every 20s for you and all NPCs and they do fantastic single target as well as multi target damage. Your personal itemlevel is fairly irrelevant for those tasks.

The only ressource of this game is time. Using WF you could equip three or four alts in the time it takes without them.
    Personally I fully agree that WF have a item level requirement because else this would completely break any other entry way of progressing your char, making half of the content obsolete. But it should have been implemented after the Alliance also had their shot on this.
    I completely agree. It's not the overall concept of Warfronts having a requirement I have an issue with it's 100% the fact that Horde players had no requirement for multiple days. If all Warfronts required 320 from the day they opened I wouldn't give a damn, it's the imbalance that bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That one-week cooldown got even me pissed. Why can't we start working on flipping back right away? The Horde would still have 3-4 days to do their bloody scenarios.
    It's just the latest symptom of Blizzard's paranoid need to have absolute control over the pace that players play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I went from ~277 ilvl to 318 on a Horde alt in one short evening of WFs. One more evening would have gotten me to 340 easily. Hell, I even had one drop Titanforge all the way to 385.
    Holy shit. that is a huge jump sooo hordies have been abusing it? My dk was at 325 when I started.

Horde has done it half the people saying the alliance should get over it on the official forums are in full 340 gear from warfronts

Here's an example

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...?page=1#post-4 - the poster is literally in full warfront gear

Holy shit. that is a huge jump sooo hordies have been abusing it? My dk was at 325 when I started.
    Abusing the hell out of it. Of course we assumed it was intended to help gear alts rapidly. Apparently we are meant to do boring ass dungeons and WQs first.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Horde has done it half the people saying the alliance should get over it on the official forums are in full 340 gear from warfronts

Here's an example

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...?page=1#post-4 - the poster is literally in full warfront gear
    I actually do think that is some bullshit. It's not right to have the horde gear up their alts and alliance can't. Seriously if you have an alt that is freshly 120 and you ran WF's to get 340 gear before the requirement, you should have that alts gear taken away cause it's not fair to alliance players. That is what I understand. What I was trying to say earlier was if your main has been 120 for the past month, you should be 320+ already, so it's not a huge deal.. But Horde players gearing fresh alts? BULLSHIT.

Yeah, that's why people are pissed, it was a huge catch up opportunity. I wouldn't even say people were abusing it, they were just doing what seemed intended. As I posted heelvsbabyface went from sub 300 to 337 in a few hours. Don't get me wrong, overall I think it's dumb, gearing shouldn't be that fast, but MY issue is that it's dumb and crazily unfair to the Alliance. They should have just left it, or the should have said it would remain for the rest of the Horde's time and be "fixed" once the Alliance had had the same opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Abusing the hell out of it. Of course we assumed it was intended to help gear alts rapidly. Apparently we are meant to do boring ass dungeons and WQs first.
    Whelp, Blizz is probably gonna be losing more people for this lol

I actually do think that is some bullshit. It's not right to have the horde gear up their alts and alliance can't. Seriously if you have an alt that is freshly 120 and you ran WF's to get 340 gear before the requirement, you should have that alts gear taken away cause it's not fair to alliance players. That is what I understand. What I was trying to say earlier was if your main has been 120 for the past month, you should be 320+ already, so it's not a huge deal.. But Horde players gearing fresh alts? BULLSHIT.
    That I can agree with but my main is also 350 already the only thing my main cares about from warfronts is the 370 item. Alts on the other hand that I was slowly working up would have loved being instantly 340 to be able to tank mythics.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    It's not nonsense,
    The notion that all you need to do is get to 120 and then you automatically get to 340 with "no other requirement" is nonsense. It takes time and effort from doing a significant number of warfronts. At 45 minutes per warfront it's still a significant time investment. It's a significant requirement that isn't just handing you the gear on a silver platter.

here's Heelvsbabyface explaining how he went from sub 300 to 337 by killing the Arathi rares and then spamming the Warfront;
    Firstly farming Arathi rares is also open to alliance (and alliance do get a freebee 340 from a quest plus a world boss that drops 370 gear for 2 weeks). He said he got 6 items from the rares. I don't even want to know how many hours he spent doing that grind over a week.
    Then he spammed warfronts like 15 times in a row. He can do this because it's his "job" to play the game. What percentage of the horde playerbase do you honestly think plays like that?

The video has of 40K views, you can say what you want about him (I certainly have no love for him) but ultimately he shows it's easily possible.
    His video shows the potential that is there if you take things to the extreme. The problem is people like you who are taking what he did as a benchmark for the average player. But if you actually stopped to think about it for more than a few seconds, it would be plainly obvious that what he showed is a massive distortion of what the actual experience of the vast majority of players is.

Wow.

So not only do Alliance get nothing to do this week, but when they finally do get to do warfronts in two weeks, they'll have an additional requirement that Horde didn't.

The fair way to handle this would have been to implement the gearscore gate on the SECOND round of the Warfront, when Alliance controlled it again. But I guess "whatever's stupidest" is the driving force for dev decisions.

Yeah, that's why people are pissed, it was a huge catch up opportunity. I wouldn't even say people were abusing it, they were just doing what seemed intended. As I posted heelvsbabyface went from sub 300 to 337 in a few hours. Don't get me wrong, overall I think it's dumb, gearing shouldn't be that fast, but MY issue is that it's dumb and crazily unfair to the Alliance. They should have just left it, or the should have said it would remain for the rest of the Horde's time and be "fixed" once the Alliance had had the same opportunity.
    I agree with you Alni. It's very much some bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I have a horde that was already 325 before the launch of warfronts (I kinda have both of my 120 toons at 325+ gear from WQ's and rep stuff) but I kinda feel dirty for gearing the toon up even if it wasn't a fresh alt. Blizz should let the alliance do the same thing and after it switches again do the lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The notion that all you need to do is get to 120 and then you automatically get to 340 with "no other requirement" is nonsense. It takes time and effort from doing a significant number of warfronts. At 45 minutes per warfront it's still a significant time investment. It's a significant requirement that isn't just handing you the gear on a silver platter.

I do not see any reason for the change other than to increase the played time metric. Even hitting 340 via WFs is not that big a deal, when even LFR will be dropping higher ilvl loot.

Glad you can see where Alliance players are coming from now. Many (myself included) have been levelling alts to be ready for our turn. thing is it's also screwed over PvP as Horde players could also get to a "reasonable" ilvl with minimal effort, and also all duplicate unwanted purples have been turned into Enchanting mats, Scrapped or sold.