Poll: Are you enjoying Battle for Azeroth?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Poll/Strawpoll: Are you enjoying Battle for Azeroth?

see title

"Are you enjoying Battle for Azeroth?"
    https://www.strawpoll.me/16453395/

"Are you going to be resubbing once your current sub runs out?"
    https://www.strawpoll.me/16442128/

(the strawpolls are for a broader audience, not just mmo-champ)
    Last edited by zharkos; 2018-09-14 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Clarification

Deleted
    yes and yes

next question

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why a strawpoll and not just use the forum's system so it can't be cheesed like strawpoll can?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Nah not really. It was cool for a week, but warfronts and the azerite gear system are just really lazy and boring.

Nope, letting my sub run out. I'll be keeping an eye on the patch content, but there's really nothing for me to do and i'm uninterested in the systems they've presented.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Why a strawpoll and not just use the forum's system so it can't be cheesed like strawpoll can?
    Strawpoll can be cheesed?

No, no it can't. :^)
    Last edited by MinTDH; 2018-09-14 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It has ip checking and I included both options. The strawpoll is a cross website poll for the general population and not just mmo-champ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I caved to nostalgia and got bit in the ass. DPS rotations are stupid simple now (at least all the classes I tried, which was most) Horde quest zones are uninspiring, buggy and boring, the lore is a literal meme, and questing is so tedious and pointless at this point that I don't even have the motivation to level my paladin to see if healing is any better than DPS.

I'm more disappointed in myself for caving to nostalgia/buying into the hype than I am with the expansion, really.
    I always buy into the expansion solely off the idea that "Yeah this'll be the good one" and while i enjoyed legion for awhile BFA has already completely lost my interest. I stayed subbed longer in WoD because of garrison gold but BFA has absolutely nothing for me

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes and yes, I'm enjoying BFA as much as Legion
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MinTDH View Post
    Nope, letting my sub run out. I'll be keeping an eye on the patch content, but there's really nothing for me to do and i'm uninterested in the systems they've presented.

Strawpoll can be cheesed?

No, no it can't. :^)
    Quote Originally Posted by zharkos View Post
    It has ip checking and I included both options. The strawpoll is a cross website poll for the general population and not just mmo-champ
    Internet 101. Of course it can. It's less feasible on much larger polls than smaller ones, but it definitely can.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

No but I'm going to keep playing for the moment since that's what my brothers are playing. Legion was much better as far as I'm concerned.

Deleted
    I am, but I think the class design is absolutely atrocious and needs some serious backtracking. The expansion reminds me of Cataclysm, which is hardly a good thing.

Cataclysm had some pretty fantastic Class design imo, but it had absolutely atrocious raids after the first tier. It was one of the first times I remember seeing such universal slating. Blizzard seeming to realise they'd fucked up after Firelands was pretty small and it was followed up by Dragonsoul with reused assets and the worst endboss the game has ever seen, preceded by Spine which was a class stacking shitshow.

I stayed playing Cataclysm because I adored class design, especially affliction warlock design, but having a fun class to play is only half the puzzle if the content is bad. During Dragonsoul I said if raiding wasn't improved I was going to quit, thankfully we got MOP which has the 3 strongest raiding tiers I think Blizzard have ever produced.

I can only hope Blizzard again realise that they've made mistakes in places and try to backtrack on the class design trend that seems to have been going since MOP of rampant pruning and simplification. Not every spec needs to be madden druid, but not every spec needs to be Firelands arcane mage either. The days of destruction warlocks spec being simple to safeguard the complexity of the other available specs so there were choices for both type of players seems dead. There's just barebones classes with all of the weight of any complexity or intricacy thrust on the talent system which can't cope when complexity is at odds with optimal or even competetive when some specs need to hard-spec into things as basic as even remotely viable AOE output.

Raids have been fantastic for a few expansions now, but class design has slipped hard for my taste. I hope it's turned around, because I feel the inverse of Cataclysm - fantastic content but with a dreadful class to play through it.

The problem is that I enjoyed Battle for Azeroth. Enjoyed.

It was amazing playing through but the end-game is busted. Rewards are improperly balanced. Azerite isn't balanced. The raid isn't fun for me at all. Warfronts are too infrequent to get excited about. Island Expeditions are ridiculous in that they could be loads of fun but instead are none at all and the same could probably be said for Warfronts as well but I wouldn't know yet.

I loved the dungeons, the zones, the quests, the stories, the characters, the achievements. I loved playing up until I got to the part of the game that WoW is usually so good at grabbing you with. Feels like nothing is worth my time and in a game that is a complete waste of time, that is not a good thing to feel.

For now I'm just going to alt it up until Blizzard decides to make it fun for me again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I am, but I think the class design is absolutely atrocious and needs some serious backtracking.
    Which class is that? I find mine fine. (Paladin)

Deleted
    Nope. Unsubbed and uninstalled.

I guess I'll check back in 8.1, but only IF they buff my ww monk for pvp. Otherwise cba.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Define "enjoy."
    are you having fun

Yes, I enjoy it for time being even if I agree certain stuff should be tweaked.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Island exp. & warfront was a joke
    GCD Changes are horrible
    I don't like the azerite armor system.
    I don't like the playstyle of some of the classes I like to play

So I guess Ill cya next expack!

Yeah for now. Mythic Mother was bugged pretty horribly like a lot of other things so far. Uldir has been really enjoyable though and even with the bugs I enjoy it. Hopefully they iron out the patch releases and no more giant ass bugs infest this expansion and I’ll be happy.

I mean, in the end it's still WoW so I enjoy it to some degree, but so far it's definitely up there with Legion as one of the least fun expansions for me.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    Yeah for now. Mythic Mother was bugged pretty horribly like a lot of other things so far. Uldir has been really enjoyable though and even with the bugs I enjoy it. Hopefully they iron out the patch releases and no more giant ass bugs infest this expansion and I’ll be happy.
    wasn't she bugged like that in beta too? i'm surprised this many bugs got through