Question Lots to speculate from these four warfronts!

Let's look at the four warfronts "uncovered" yesterday. We'll note that the last one in the list created by the script is Arathi, and looking at the naval direction of the two allied races coming likely sooner than later, we'll assume that the Azshara warfront (which has been speculated as being a very naval undertaking) being second from the bottom means the script lists them relevant to their release order. Some interesting implications here. We'll observe the implication that EK is going to go all blue and Kalimdor is going all red as implied by the opening visuals of BFA, assuming a canonical ultimate victory, so based on all of that:

Arathi: Eastern Kingdoms, likely ends up Alliance, started alliance.

Azshara: Kalimdor, Likely ends up horde, will likely start horde.

So both factions defend the homeland. Good start to the war... but then...

Silvermoon: Eastern Kingdoms, likely ends up alliance, will start horde

Southern Barrens: Kalimdor, Likely ends up horde, will start... Alliance(?)

The latter two have some pretty heavy story implications. Those that have played the alliance war campaign know that Magister Umbric has a huge, almost prophetically passionate desire to have the void elves return to silvermoon. The idea of Silvermoon flipping tells me that... well it makes me start to fold up my tinfoil hat for any kind of mechanically facilitated "peace" to enable cross faction grouping.

But the bigger deal is the southern barrens, which is pointedly framed as an assault on Mulgore, which is huge and extremely worrisome for those hanging their hats on Baneduin saving us all from ourselves!

Finally, the idea of four warfronts likely going in Parallel to major raid tiers, meaning launch and 8.1,2, and 3 is just huge for any and all potential for "resolution," and seems to fly in the face of the idea of the war being a "quickly wrapped up" theme in BFA. Unless the story of 8.3 is "Southern Barrens warfront is when things start to really unfold" and the big resolution comes with the 8.3.5 final raid... it is looking like we're hanging on this war theme for the entire upswing of BFA, and not relenting until the denoument year post-final-raid.

Which begs the question, once again, do these ever end, (as I've assumed above they do with their canonical and game-mechanical ultimate "victory") or is the resolution from BFA actually going to be "I guess you and I are destined to do this forever" as the warfronts are potentially just considered ongoing in perpetuity?

We know that Barrens is next from how much its been developed, and you can hear Warfront music there right now. However from what we know about 8.1 it doesn't look likely that it will have a story relevance besides MAYBE the Tauren being more relevant (especially with Baine being in Zuldazar unlike many of the other leaders).

However, there are rumblings of Dragon Isles being a thing again (actually being mentioned for the first time in over a decade, in-game) and that was canonically near north EK in old lore. I can see Dragon Isles showing up around the same time as the Silvermoon warfront which would most likely be a late patch considering how difficult and time consuming it is to redo the TBC zones.

Let me quote Marlamin (our datamining mastermind) on the Warfront thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Keep in mind these are just names and descriptions that have been around since early beta long before the arathi warfront was implemented. The arathi warfront is the only one with an actual finished map. Barrens warfront also has a map but that is currently basically identical to the actual zone. None of the other warfronts have a map or any more data in the files other than these (old) references. Don't actually expect these to show up anytime soon. Will at the very least be a major 8.x patch away if they haven't been long cancelled or were just placeholder data to begin with.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Nyel's post is informative/cautionary and a fitting place to close this thread as there is another much more developed thread on the same topic:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ance-offensive

Please post in the already existing and active thread. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."