Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

reports coming in on the action against people who abused the WQ exploit

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...reddit-android

I for one welcome this heavy hammer. Not all of the exploiters were given permanent account vacation's, but it appears that the extreme violators won't be corrupting our good christian MMO.

At some point, you would think people might accidentally learn that exploits get caught and people get punished. The fact that blizzard is having to ramp up the punishments shows me that they not only care about the integrity of the game, but that they also understand that sometimes you have to put foot to ass for people to see that somethings are wrong.

For the uninitiated, there was an exploit in certain WQ types that allowed for essentially repeated completion of the same quest over and over. This provided rep, gold, items (including WF/TF) and thus also allowed an unfair accumulation of material that could be and was sold on the AH. It had far reaching effects in the game. The exploit has been hotfixed, and I will not post the conditions of the exploit as it is against rules and ToS (also just in bad taste).

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Good, If you exploit you deserve to be banned.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Good, If you exploit you deserve to be banned.
    Agreed 100%. With these losers on the bench, us honest folk can enjoy the content more.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Good, I don't want those people in the game

This one really amounted to item/gold duping, they wouldn't have perma'd for the rep.

Good. I would have liked to hear their petitions though, I'd like to see someone try and explain how doing the same WQ 30x in a row could be considered accidental.

inb4 people pretending they didn't know it was an exploit.
    "Wow how weird that this 1 world quest keeps resetting after a relog. Surely Blizzard intended for relogging to be a viable farming mechanic right?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    inb4 people pretending they didn't know it was an exploit.
    "Wow how weird that this 1 world quest keeps resetting after a relog. Surely Blizzard intended for relogging to be a viable farming mechanic right?".
    This one was even worse than that, you SPECIFICALLY had to convert to raid at an exact time and then convert back and covert to raid and convert back. There's nothing really that you could have "accidentally" done to cause it, unless you just convert to raid all the time for teh lolz.

Good. Absolutely no sympathy for them.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Hang their bodies from the walls of Boralus and Zuldazar!!!

Glad to see the "skeleton crew" attacking this head on, no months of uncertainty! :3

Good. They deserve it.

Serves them right.

Far too difficult to do that exploit on accident and all who made use of it can enjoy their bans, be it briefly or permanently.

Gotta love some delicious justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Lmfaoooooo

Well deserved

7+ Year Old Account
    Punishment for the guilty is good and punishment for the innocent is not good.

So the people who really used this bug to its full extent should get a kick in the bum and the rest should just get a rollback and a few days of ban to feel the slap on the wrist
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Meh. I would have preferred something better. Like them going completely as negative in rep for the faction for the allied races as possible. Then being temp banned for a few months. Would have been sweet to have them come back and watch them complain about being negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Punishment for the guilty is good and punishment for the innocent is not good.

So the people who really used this bug to its full extent should get a kick in the bum and the rest should just get a rollback and a few days of ban to feel the slap on the wrist
    Don't think there was anyway for a legit player to actually do the exploit in normal gameplay. From what everyone is saying, you had to actively try to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I think a perma ban for that is a bit much. They should be banned for a while and have all the BFA rep rolled back to zero neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellessandra View Post
    I think a perma ban for that is a bit much. They should be banned for a while and have all the BFA rep rolled back to zero neutral.
    Nah Blizzard got way too lenient recently.

Get caught botting? 6 month ban just to come back and do it again. Let's not kid ourselves people learn from it.

Cheat? 6 month ban.

Glad they went back to their senses and permabanned for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People acting like blizz just outright bans LOL, you do understand they look at everything right? These people absolutely cheated and the ban is deserved. Nobody just accidentally didn’t NOTICE what they were doing lmfaooo

Quote Originally Posted by Ellessandra View Post

Disagree, when you consider the scale of the exploit - anything a world quest rewarded, they could get infinite of, if Blizzard just opted to fix it all, it would take them weeks if not months. Absolutely deserved perma bans.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Well hopefully the bans are at least a few months and are not some useless 3 day ban. You would have had to known about the exploit to preform it since it's practically impossible to do by mistake.