Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

World Premiere will be live in 30m. By 10pm EST the entire plot of the movie will be live on the internet. You have been warned!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Adding a public poll on Thursday! We'll see who liked the movie and who didn't.
    Don't forget the option "Didn't waste my time or money to go see it."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Hard to say since some of it is generational of course. Ironman DID have a cartoon, as did Thor.
    Yes...but the thing is, Thor's cartoon was a direct to video animated movie and a couple of appearances in other direct to video Marvel animated movies like Thor vs Hulk. I've give you 3 guesses who were watching direct to video animated movies about Thor and Thor vs Hulk. And one hint? It's by and large not non-comics fans. That's the thing-there has always been comics related merchandise and stuff out there...but most of it was aimed at comic fans, and they are the only ones it had any meaning for, to anyone else, it's just a random design-maybe a comic character, maybe an anime character, maybe a video game character, maybe a toy series. Like if you went up to a random non-comic person on the street in 2005 while wearing an Iron Man shirt, and asked them "what's this on my shirt" a likely answer would be "a transformer?"
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2019-03-05 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Then don't vote in the fucking poll?
    If memory serves, Shadowferal hates the Marvel movies with the heat of a thousand suns. Of course that their prerogative, but they do they waste a lot of effort reminding us over and over and over again.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    You could just opt out of going to the movies that day if you absolutely don't want to watch it, right?
    Myself I couldn't give a shit, but as I listed "People who would be taking their kids to the Movies, or hanging out with friends/on a Date and wanting to see a Movie" I would take a bet many of those from those categories would just go "Well.. I guess we'll just see it then." Myself I used to have Movie Night every weekend with my Ex-GF. It would piss me off if I went to go to the movies and realised that for a week straight nothing else I may have wanted to watch was unavailable.

So now its premiered is there any real consensus if the movie was good or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mentauk the Mindtaker View Post
    So now its premiered is there any real consensus if the movie was good or not?
    The most reliable (although not perfect) use of official critical reviews of films is to look at when the "review embargo" is lifted. Movie houses issue orders to film critics to not officially release a movie review until a certain time. If a movie house thinks it has a strong hit on their hands, they lift the embargo weeks in advance because they expect lots of positive reviews and want to add those to the hype machine. If the movie house thinks the film may be a dud, they keep the review embargo in place until days or sometimes even hours before release.

Examples of hits:

1. Thor: Ragnarok had its review embargo lifted 2 weeks in advance, signalling that Marvel thought it had a hit.
    2. Black Panther had its review embargo lifted 18 days in advance, signalling that Marvel thought it had a hit.
    3. Captain America: Civil War had its review embargo lifted 3 weeks in advance, signalling that Marvel thought it had a hit.

Examples of duds:

1. Ghostbusters (2016) kept its review embargo in place until 1 day before release, signalling a dud.
    2. Suicide Squad kept its review embargo in place until 2-3 days before release, signalling a dud.

When was the review embargo lifted for Captain Marvel? TODAY, just 2 days before release. This means that the film studio is OBJECTIVELY signalling they think Captain Marvel will be a box office bomb.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The most reliable (although not perfect) use of official critical reviews of films is to look at when the "review embargo" is lifted. Movie houses issue orders to film critics to not officially release a movie review until a certain time. If a movie house thinks it has a strong hit on their hands, they lift the embargo weeks in advance because they expect lots of positive reviews and want to add those to the hype machine. If the movie house thinks the film may be a dud, they keep the review embargo in place until days or sometimes even hours before release.

Examples of hits:

1. Thor: Ragnarok had its review embargo lifted 2 weeks in advance, signalling that Marvel thought it had a hit.
    2. Black Panther had its review embargo lifted 18 days in advance, signalling that Marvel thought it had a hit.
    3. Captain America: Civil War had its review embargo lifted 3 weeks in advance, signalling that Marvel thought it had a hit.

Examples of duds:

1. Ghostbusters (2016) kept its review embargo in place until 1 day before release, signalling a dud.
    2. Suicide Squad kept its review embargo in place until 2-3 days before release, signalling a dud.

When was the review embargo lifted for Captain Marvel? TODAY, just 2 days before release. This means that the film studio is OBJECTIVELY signalling they think Captain Marvel will be a box office bomb.
    That does not bode well

Well i never see a movie on opening weekend anyway but my brother is going this friday and tbh he is the only real reviewer i trust to get a honest opinion cause i feel this is gonna be another one of those 'Its good cause of its message' movies ala its a pile of poop or its mediocre but hey the message is good.

A Movie is a bomb if it doesn't even make the money it cost to actually make the movie, right? I doubt that will happen.

I think it will stay behind expectations, but will still be financially succesful.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Or you could not vote in a poll obviously not meant for you?
    "Just shut up and dribble am I right?"

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    A Movie is a bomb if it doesn't even make the money it cost to actually make the movie, right? I doubt that will happen.

I think it will stay behind expectations, but will still be financially succesful.
    They can be wrong. Its not a perfect prediction. Its just telling you what the experts think. The experts think its gonna bomb. Also, this is the correct way to use critical reviews of films.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just like that box office bomb - Infinity War (well, that was 3 days before).

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Sorry haters but the reviews for CAPTAIN MARVEL are overwhelmingly positive.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

They are? I've seen 3 of them so far, with the general consensus of them all being "it's okay".

Any international critics? Or just american?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Any international critics? Or just american?
    One French reviewer gave it a 1 out of 4, after they saw an early international preview screening.. And expect more of the same from international reviewers as it seems that they were not impressed..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-03-05 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    One French reviewer gave it a 1 out of 4, after they saw an early international preview screening..
    That sounds harsh. I expect that the overall quality of the product is in line with everything Marvel. Decent CGI, costumes, soundtrack, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.timeout.com/us/film/captain-marvel
    (3/5)
    So #CaptainMarvel⁠ ⁠ is okay. It’s a unique #MCU origin story folded into a fun (at times) space adventure. But too many plotholes and lightweight characters weigh it down. It’s also missing a nuanced #CarolDanvers⁠ ⁠arc. It’s worth seeing but that #Marvel magic is a bit MIA.
    https://twitter.com/therochasays/sta...449690112?s=21

‘Captain Marvel’ Is A Lot Weirder And More Cosmic Than You’re Probably Expecting, And It’s Mostly Delightful
    https://uproxx.com/hitfix/captain-ma...w-brie-larson/

If Captain Marvel can't quite match Marvel Studios at its very best, if it feels a bit like a franchise in need of an identity, it's still a rock-solid introduction to a new character — who, judging by her immense power, may just turn out to be the Thanos-killer that the Avengers need in Endgame. Just as the Marvel makers wanted, I left the theater pleased to have met Carol at long last, and eager to see her again.
    https://mashable.com/article/captain...e#gbmo7F6giPq6

8.3 on IGN
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...-marvel-review

4/5
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...marvel/review/

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like this one is the first "bad" Marvel movie.