Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Prot: It's ridiculous we have to wait until 8.1

I find it completely ridiculous we'll have to wait until 8.1 to become viable. I personally have stopped playing my warrior and now main a DK. But I'd really like to play my MAIN again....

They cant just hot fix a few small things to make it a little better until then? They completely botched Prot warrior, and they are just gonna leave it like this for an entire tier? That's crazy....

Before you "DEFENDERS OF PROT WARRIOR" come knocking. I'm aware prot can still tank, I'm more then capable of tanking all content. Its just far behind all the others, and you're putting your self at a disadvantage by playing prot warrior right now. So please, keep your BuT pRoT iS GuUuD yUo jUsT SuCk posts out of here. =D

So.. you first say that we aren't viable....but end it with saying prot war is viable, they are just more difficult to play with.

Also, we have no information if we are getting buffed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Acog View Post
    I'm aware prot can still tank, I'm more then capable of tanking all content.
    This is the definition of viable. Clearly you don't have to wait until 8.1.

Deleted
    If you enjoy hearing "why are you taking so much damage?" from your healer. Play Prot warrior.. it sure is viable but The playstyle is clunky and not fun... I bet none of these naysayers have even touched prot

Wait, do you know something that I don't about 8.1 warrior changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    Wait, do you know something that I don't about 8.1 warrior changes?
    Well, The fact that they Popped Ignore pain back into our toolkit last minute of beta says that they didn't have enough time to figure out what they wanted to do with us. imo, of course.

I'm REALLY banking on the fact that we have a hefty over haul in 8.1, like they planned on doing for beta but botched it all last minute.

I really miss the way protection felt in earlier WOW, like around 3.0 in WOTLK because it had such a great toolkit like Gag Order silence on Heroic Throw, both Concussion Blow and Shockwave, Vigilance for quick taunts and tank swaps, Revenge that did not require both activation AND 30 rage, Safeguard, and a Shield Slam that not only dispelled mobs but actually dealt meaningful damage without requiring massive talent investment. HS/Cleave as a rage dump! Magic damage was not a glaring issue then for Protection because of the baked in damage reduction to all sources in Improved Defensive Stance, like 16% if I remember.

What happened??
    Last edited by bigtom; 2018-09-19 at 07:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtom View Post
    I really miss the way protection felt in earlier WOW, like around 3.0 in WOTLK because it had such a great toolkit like Gag Order silence on Heroic Throw, both Concussion Blow and Shockwave, Vigilance for quick taunts and tank swaps, Revenge that did not require both activation AND 30 rage, Safeguard, and a Shield Slam that not only dispelled mobs but actually dealt meaningful damage without requiring massive talent investment. HS/Cleave as a rage dump! Magic damage was not a glaring issue then for Protection because of the baked in damage reduction to all sources in Improved Defensive Stance, like 16% if I remember.

What happened??
    My guess is that Blizz had to promote by any means necessary the utilization of the 'hero' class DK and the Mr. and Mrs. Leather tankzor. Cheap marketing tricks, Ghostcrawler's legacy.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bring back all Mist/WoD classes, easiest fix to wow

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It's ridiculous you think Prot is even on their radar. Prepare to be seriously fucking disappointed.

Have you seen the changes they propose for Elemental? It fixes absolutely nothing with the spec. They have proved once again they have absolutely no clue what they are doing with class design.
    Oh, I am without a doubt ready to be let down again. Which is why I have moved away from my warrior for now. I will not invest more time into a spec that makes the game less fun while also putting you at a disadvantage. It would be a completely different ball game if prot was fun to play but still sucked ass. I'd probably still be playing it. But it's neither fun or good, so here we are. If people enjoy the current state of prot, by all means, have at it, but it is 100% not for me. Here's to hoping for 8.1 but expecting to be let down!

I can already see the huge 8.1 patch notes changes followed by a blue post about how prot warrior weakness if having no strengths or something incredibly retarded.
    Warrior
    Protection
    Ignore Pain mitigation increased to 65% ignored damage taken.

Deleted
    Warriors aren't even viable, they can't tank mythic raids so they have to buff them. No warrior to this Point has tanked fettid devourer (mythic) for example because they simply are to bad to do it. They take way to much damage. So no Warriors are infact NOT viable since they do NOT work in ANY setup for mythic tier raiding. So you can stop using that word aswell, They can however tank mythic 10 which a DK can do without a healer so there is that. Protection warriors are in a even worse then the shaman specializations tbh since you could actually have 1 shaman in the raid and still succeed with all mythic content. A warrior on the other hand tanking it would probably be impossible.

Another fun statistic is that tank warriors are used up to 5% on bosses Before fettid, like mother and taloc since these bosses aren't actually that reliant on tanks we can do them. 5% of the tanks on these 2 bosses are actually Warriors. So yeah prot is probably the worst performing specialization in this game by far. No other specialization comes even remotely close.
    Last edited by mmoc72bade633e; 2018-09-20 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also banking on a prot warrior rework of some kind in 8.1. If it doesn't come, I'll definitely be rerolling. The only reason I went with my warrior this expansion was for the 100 exalted reps achievement, and now that's going to be account wide I'll be switching main permanently if nothing changes.

I love Protection Warrior from a class fantasy point of view. I find plated out beast with a massive shield to just work better for me as a theme than a fluffy bear or leather-wearing drunk panda... so I really hope they do fix the spec. But right now I'm debating which class to switch to instead because I'm not being stuck with the current version of Prot all expac.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    I can already see the huge 8.1 patch notes changes followed by a blue post about how prot warrior weakness if having no strengths or something incredibly retarded.
    Warrior
    Protection
    Ignore Pain mitigation increased to 65% ignored damage taken.
    I'd imagine they will pull a Gaijin and say their "Sekrit documents" show that Prot Warriors are in fact really good, but no you can't see them. Think they did it with at least a couple of under performing specs in Legion.

Deleted
    I wouldn't count on too much in 8.1, likely some bandaid 5% damage reduction and calling it a day. I'd like to rework of some talents, right now we only really have one mandatory line of talents to take with very minimal change. I'd like more stuff baked in or at least such that we have to change for specific dungeons and or raids depending what we're doing. I really don't see the point of the other talents if they're never worth taking for whatever reason.

I'm also unsure why we had so much utility removed, remember when shield slam could dispel enrages? Heroic throw could silence (probably with a glyph). It would be a good place to start to give us some utility back. I'm rolling with stormbolt as it seems to be very useful in M+ (over the shockwave reduction) for ranged interrupts/stuns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtom View Post

What happened??
    damn dude, you reopened some prot wounds.

If they take the same approach to Prot as they are with Ele, expect something along the lines of a 10% increase to Ignore Pain, but a 2 second increase to the cooldown of Shield Block.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    If they take the same approach to Prot as they are with Ele, expect something along the lines of a 10% increase to Ignore Pain, but a 2 second increase to the cooldown of Shield Block.
    more like:
    - IP ignores 10% more damage
    - Ravager damage nerfed by 25%

Has any dev said ANYTHING regarding prot warrior? Or are we just assuming they recognize the problem?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Has any dev said ANYTHING regarding prot warrior? Or are we just assuming they recognize the problem?
    There were two Reddit mega-threads about it that were OVERWHELMINGLY negative, including the general sentiment on this board and elsewhere. They only place I've seen that's positive about the situation is the Warrior Discord, which in my estimation is a bunch of tryhard neckbeards who are constitutionally incapable of identifying bad gameplay because they're so busy trying to figure out how to min/max it.