Poll: Which fictional universe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek of course. A future where the world is at peace and poverty is pretty much non-existent. All of humanity works for nothing other than the betterment of the species?
    That sounds awesome.

Any of the others would greatly increase my changes to get horribly killed. Except Potter but I would most like just be a muggle anyways and then it's just the same as our actual reality.

Hmm... great point most of you have about Star Trek.

If I could revote I'd vote for Star Trek too.

While a "fantasy" setting with magic and dragons has a great deal of appeal, I always come back to a lack of indoor plumbing when a flight of fancy such as this comes up. Granted there are settings with "magitek" like Final Fantasy's Eorzea, which would have such things, but some place like the Lord of the Rings setting? I'll pass.

Star Trek seems to be the easy choice for me. Advanced enough technology that I should be able to live a comfortable and happy life thanks to replicators and futuristic medicine, as well as the benefits of Holodeck technology to "visit" all sorts of exotic or fictional locations when desired.

Deleted
    Was a tough choice for me, MCU vs. Harry Potter.

MCU is similar to our own but literally with superheroes, confirmed aliens as well as tech getting pretty good. Also half the human population being snapped out of existence is of no consequence when we all know they'll be resurrected or time will be turned back in the next movie.

Harry Potter is also similar to our own, but with magic existing, which would be super cool.

Ended up picking Harry Potter for the poll.

Star Wars was a NOPE because of planets literally being blown up by space nazis.

Star Trek was a nope because I don't know all that much about it. Not a trekkie.

WoW, Warhammer, GoT, LotR are all out of the question due to the inherent dangers of them. Life expectancy is like 25-35 in those universes or something.

A Harry Potter world would be dope... I can only imagine living in the Game of Thrones universe as being short-lived and kind of awful.

Dragon Ball.

Harry Potter would be most like our own with an extra bit of awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose WoW because I always thought it'd be cool to be a mage or shaman.

If not WoW I'd choose either Harry Potter or Star Wars but only if I could be a wizard or Jedi.

Going to Hogwarts always seemed like fun to me and it always looked comfy in there. It'd be awesome to have my own wand to shoot spells with, broom to fly on, and a pet like Harry's owl.

Becoming a Jedi would be awesome too. Building my own lightsaber and learning to use the force under the guidance of a master were always cool concepts to me.

Star Trek obviously because then you could use holodeck technology to visit all of the others.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I gonna be that guy and say Pokemon.

On another note, who in thier right mind would choose Warhammer 40k?

Slaaneshii Daemon world you just know things go down there Or a imperium pleasure world aka a Paradise World just chilling, any pleasure world would do really.

Setting is 40K but i can think of a couple other ip's.
    Do you hear the voices too?

If the listed options...

• Star Wars
    There are so many crazy things in the SW universe that it'd be very easy to wind up in a bad end, be it being taken as a slave, my ship being blown up, the planet I'm standing on being blown up, crazy psychopaths...

• Warcraft
    Insanity. There is a world ending calamity every other year. Crazy psychopaths everywhere; you can't walk ten feet without some guy needing to hand out a quest to deal with him. Mass devestation; 6 out of 7 human kingdoms destroyed. An entire Dward kingdom destroyed. Entire gnomish kingdom destroyed. Night Elf civilization annihilated. Draenei remnants live on board a ship. Horde is made up of racist meglomaniacs. Pandaria devestated by war. Broken Isles devestated by war. Outland is uninhabitable. Mass starvation about. Hell no!

• Warhammer
    It's just as crazy as Warcraft but there is no almighty adventurer around to at least save the world so everyone will die in the end.

• Warhammer 40k
    Same as the above but on a galactic scale.

• MCU
    Unless you're a superhero, being in this world is nothing but a net loss due to world ending calamities happening every other year and psychopaths running amok.

• Harry Potter
    Actually a pretty good upgrade! Society is stable and there are no world ending calamities, psychopaths are relatively rare and are usually locked away before they can do anything. You get magic powers and to explore a magical world. I'd be tempted to go there but Zemuria is more of my cup of tea.

• Game of Thrones
    Who would want to live in this bad fanfiction of Dark Ages stereotypes? Everyone is dirty and poor or an evil despot with nothing but betrayl and bad endings about.

• Lord of the Rings
    It's pretty good if you live east of the Misty Mountains or in Rohan. Otherwise, there are bad things out there who are going to kill you, and there is pretty much nothing you do against Sauron until the Ring is destroyed.

The universe I'd personally go to would be Zemuria, from...
    • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Zemuria feels familiar, feels like the real world, but it is also much more appetizing due to being a setting that facilitates adventure. You don't have to be among the few 1% of the 1% to learn magic or become a superhero; you can just walk down the local hardware store and buy a battle orbment that can fit in your pocket and volia, you're ready to send out fireballs with a flick of your wrist. If you want anime superpowers, there are schools which will teach you how to send out sword beams from your greatsword that don't require you to pledge yourself to a military organization, such as the Arseid School of Swordsmanship. There are organizations about that regularly go on adventures that are looking for new recruits, be they the Bracer guild (international adventuring guild that functions as a NGO), Jaegers (straight up mercenaries), Ouroboros (the obligatory evil organization with cool superpowers and toys), the Gralsritter (the good Church's arm of assassins who go out to maintain order), the Crimson Wings (the bastard Prince's humanitarian organization that protects the Empire), the Ironbloods (agents of the Chancellor), the Rocksmith Intelligence Agency (Republican spies), and so on. There has only been one deadly calamity and that was forty years ago.

First thing I'd do if I was isekaied to Zemuria, would be to either learn from the Arseid School of Swordsmanship or the Schleidan School of Spearmanship. Then I'd join the Bracer Guild or the Crimson Wings (because the Erebonian Empire is awesome, down with the Chancellor!). I'd probably become a weaponmaster who tanks for his team by parrying blows, equipping Wing (evasion) and Murakumo (crit) on my ARCUS.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-07-20 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world of EarthBound/Mother series. Eternal mish-mash of 80s/90s US pop-culture, relative peace, some bizarre new animal species, dinosaurs, robots. Do have to worry about waking up and getting attacked by your cup of coffee or lamp, hyper-aggressive hippies, zombies, cults,, vastly overpriced fast food and a looming alien presence, but do have the potential to learn to use psychic abilities. Its also one of the few universes where anyone has the potential of being a "main character" type hero.

Unless its Mother 3, then you are just fucked in the end.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2019-07-23 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek I guess. Largely utopia worlds, if you're in the Federation. Depending on which era of course.

Really depends if I'm a special case in this universe or a small folk.

If the latter then I'd rather be in a real world.

Konosuba, for the inexplicably high number of large-breasted women.

Oh like your reasons are any better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek: TOS universe. No holodecks is a bummer, but Starfleet women back then were so hot in those skirts with the boots and hosery.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

So hard t decide between Harry Potter and LOTR

10+ Year Old Account
    TNG/DS9 Star Trek for me, it's not even a contest. Humanity seems to have gotten at least some degree of grip, medical advances have rendered almost all diseases a nonissue, core Federation worlds are effectively their own race's version of paradise, FTL exists and is not world ending, and while threats appear often, if you are a civilian, almost none of them ever get to you (if memory serves, Earth got attacked twice in the entirety of TNG/DS9; compared to other franchises that have a new villain every week, that's bound to be record security).

I'm stuck between the MCU, WoW, and Dragon Ball. Star Trek is a close second.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc1ea225bcc9 View Post
    Was a tough choice for me, MCU vs. Harry Potter.

MCU is similar to our own but literally with superheroes, confirmed aliens as well as tech getting pretty good. Also half the human population being snapped out of existence is of no consequence when we all know they'll be resurrected or time will be turned back in the next movie.

Harry Potter is also similar to our own, but with magic existing, which would be super cool.

Ended up picking Harry Potter for the poll.

Star Wars was a NOPE because of planets literally being blown up by space nazis.

Star Trek was a nope because I don't know all that much about it. Not a trekkie.

WoW, Warhammer, GoT, LotR are all out of the question due to the inherent dangers of them. Life expectancy is like 25-35 in those universes or something.
    Yeah, but in WoW, you can make your own character, die then come back, and do all kinds of badass magics and shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Konosuba, for the inexplicably high number of large-breasted women.

Oh like your reasons are any better!
    Yes. Jaina, Yrel, Alexstasza, female Draenei, Blood Elves, Humans and all. Easy win.

Why Female Draenei? Handle bars.