Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Ironically, Thanos' plan was the plan God had Moses carry out. The only difference is, God's plan according to scripture, was to wipe out 99.99% of the world's population to start over, and that plan was considered good, and God is good, but Thanos' plan to wipe out just half is villainous, and Thanos is the bad guy.
    Moses warned the people that the flood was coming, giving them ample time to prepare and survive if they heeded the call. Thanos awarded no such courtesies.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Regarding Capt Marvels personality; setting her personality was the responsibility of the director and writers of her movie which had not happened yet. So (imo) the Russo's et al went for neutral. So because the movies came out in the opposite order in which they were made we ended up with this backasswards result.

I'm sad we'll never get the black widow / smart hulk love story.

Joss Whedon/ James Gunn could have gone to town on the dick jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Moses warned the people that the flood was coming, giving them ample time to prepare and survive if they heeded the call. Thanos awarded no such courtesies.
    Noah

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn’t matter how much warning you get if you don’t have access to the resources to do anything about it. If Thanos gave warning, it would have completely defeated the object of it hitting everyone equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackwiss View Post
    Noah

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."
    Well. yeah. Tells how much I paid attention to mandated scripture classes at school...
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Finally saw Endgame, easily a 11/10. Very satisfied with the story arcs and look forward to existing and new character movies.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Based on an interview with the Russo brothers, they went with Sam because they ultimately felt that his mentality was more in sync with Cap than Bucky. They considered Bucky to be somewhat of an opposite to Steve which made them good friends, but not necessarily a good Cap. Also Bucky has notable baggage in the MCU and might still be vulnerable to being used by villains.

I didn't paraphrase that too spectacularly, but hopefully that made some sense
    It made sense and I agree. WS was used for terrorist attacks, assassin etc. Even if he is "cured" I mean... he is still associated by those things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I'm sad we'll never get the black widow / smart hulk love story.

Joss Whedon/ James Gunn could have gone to town on the dick jokes
    Yeah, that part was so damn good in AoE. "All my friends are fighters... And here comes this guy, spends his life avoiding the fight cause he knows he will always win"

Ain't it a bit of a loophole at the end with Captain America? I thought they couldn't alter the past, and yet his old self was there in the present when he decided to stay in the past... wouldn't that have been a diverging timeline as implied by that Dr. Strange's Monk woman wussername?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-05-13 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Ain't it a bit of a loophole at the end with Captain America? I thought they couldn't alter the past, and yet his old self was there in the present when he decided to stay in the past... wouldn't that have been a diverging timeline?

Not a loop hole but when Cap went back in time to marry Peggy Carter, then the only way for him to get back to the 'original timeline' would be to time travel again to the other timeline. He had the chrono-watch-gadget. I would assume that he gave the tech to Stark or Pym or Reed Richards, in the alternate timeline(most likely), so that he could return.

There is no conceivable possible outcome in which Cap could show up to that timeline without traveling through the quantum realm.

Remember, travelling to the past does not change your future, which is now your past and the past will be your new future. Also, since Thanos traveled from the alternate timeline to the main timeline and dies there then he wouldn't exist in the alternate timeline, therefore the events at the end of Endgame would not have happened in Cap's alternate timeline. This would confirm that Cap would be required to use the quantum realm to return to his timeline.
    Last edited by jamesrod32; 2019-05-13 at 07:33 PM.

Noah. Moses freed the Jews from Egypt.

Lifting the spoiler ban. You can discuss spoilers freely.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    >Highest grossing film of all time
    >garbage

Pick one
    Like Avatar was a good film.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk, that really annoyed me. Falcon has no superpowers... he’s just a guy in a suit. And yeah, you can compare that to Ironman, but he’s at least likable and memorable. Falcon was never really a well-received character in the movies. He’s always been a forgettable sidekick, and a not much needed one at that.

I think they did it because of diversity, honestly.
    Steve Rogers has no superpowers either.

The very concept of the character is that the supersoldier serum gave him peak human skills.

He is as strong as a human with perfect genetics and perfect training can be.
    He is peak human fast,peak human resistant.He can jump as high as the perfect athlete (without being superhuman).

In fact when Marvel set the numerical values back in the 80's Steve was used as the line that separates human from superhuman: he can bench press up to 800 lbs(360Kg I think) and the definition of superstrenght in Marvel is precisely that, over 800 lbs.

He is just top human because let's remember the character was created as symbol to opose the Nazi concept of "superman" ( the Nietzche concept not the Kryptonian).

Now,nothing in Marvel is perfectly coherent and "human" Steve has really strange aging that has been brought up in the comics several times but,as we know, time an aging is really weird for every single Marvel character.

On top of that Sam is the current Capitan America...
    On top of that the first Capitan America was a black guy ...(see "What price glory? series)
    On top of that Sam is not a serial killer that has been working for the commies for decades...

It was pretty obvious Sam was gonna be Capitan America.

But now that we are at it there's something about End Game no one has brought up ( or maybe some did...didn't read the whole 100+ pages).

Is Sam the next Cpt.America? Are we sure?

When Steve is recovered from the ice he meets Carter and we discover that she married an unnamed U.S. Soldier and had two kids with him. We all saw it obvious: Steve banished and she just carried on with her life.
    But now that we know Steve came back in time and the time-travel rules are fucked up ( I don't care btw ...emotion >> logic)....could it be that the U.S. soldier Carter married to is actually Steve and there's two persons out there with the super-soldier serum in their DNA?
    Did she just shut about it when they talk in "The Avengers" because she didn't wanted to spoil/fuck this timeline?
    Is Marvel gonna go the Young Avenger- Generations route after 2024??

Are we seriously using the Comics to base Captain America's strength in the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk, that really annoyed me. Falcon has no superpowers... he’s just a guy in a suit. And yeah, you can compare that to Ironman, but he’s at least likable and memorable. Falcon was never really a well-received character in the movies. He’s always been a forgettable sidekick, and a not much needed one at that.

I think they did it because of diversity, honestly.
    I have to think that Steve and Bucky talked about it ahead of time and Bucky refused. It was obvious Bucky knew Cap's plan when Cap was going back in time. The only justification for Sam Wilson getting the shield is the comics, in the MCU Bucky seems like the better choice.

It's almost like my fucking opinion is subjective.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Yes, it was actually. Good of course is subjective but the consensus was that people liked it. Shit films don't make 2 billion dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're confused about how Cap could stand up to Thanos, wielding Mjolnir gives him the full power of Thor - including his physical resilience and strength. That said power levels in the MCU tend to change all the time, one of the few flaws it has.
    Oh I know about Mjolnir, which is not what I was referring to, but I kinda find it hard to believe a human at peak strength could literally prevent a helicopter from taking off as depicted.

I guess you could say that Bucky stopped trying to lift off to avoid killing Steve, but then he tilts the Helicopter in such a way that it would be seen as an attempt to kill Steve. I dunno, it's kinda hard to say the Steve doesn't have super human strength after seeing this scene from Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Are we seriously using the Comics to base Captain America's strength in the MCU?

I'm afraid we are

Now, superhero genre is not the place to look for coherence ( maybe that's what make it interesting) but let's see what comics Rogers has done ( while being peak human strenght).

1. Resisted a Hulk punch with the shield. Now, of course it's the shield that takes the hit but the physics says Rogers is thrown 400 m into the air. It does not happen.
    2. Knock out Rhino with a kick. ¿¿¿¿¿????
    3. Figthing toe to toe with Namor. Logic says Steve punches to Namor should feel like a kiss.
    4. Wrestle Spiderman (hand to hand). How??? Spidey classification is "Up to 10 tons"...there should be no such thing as this....

I mean, in the comics Steve has done things that has absolutely no coherence with his strenght classification so the helicopter is not really impressive and indicates that we should look at the concept (human being) more than fighting Ultron or Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Now, superhero genre is not the place to look for coherence ( maybe that's what make it interesting) but let's see what comics Rogers has done ( while being peak human strenght).

1. Resisted a Hulk punch with the shield. Now, of course it's the shield that takes the hit but the physics says Rogers is thrown 400 m into the air. It does not happen.
    Cap's shield negates all forces. (Later comics take liberties with that, but bullets stop dead at his feet when blocking gunfire)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    2. Knock out Rhino with a kick. ¿¿¿¿¿????
    Well I can't explain that one. (Despite having extreme martial arts on Cap's side, Rhino shouldn't even feel a such a kick)

And the rest, I agree with you. With extreme strength and abilities, a person shouldn't feel much anything but taps at best. (And Spiderman shouldn't even have a problem with Cap)
    Hitting with that shield can only go so far....