Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Not really a fan of Brie Larson as a person, but she actually is a good actress. She won an award for the movie Room.
    She was terrible in this. Like they just brought her in for reshoots. Zero range, chemistry, etc. Bad choice to play a super heroine imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feroxxy View Post
    One thing that still confuses me though.

Did the un-snappening literally revert everyone that had been snapped? So that guy that was in the helicopter at the end of Infinity War just appeared mid air and dropped to his death? What about people in airplanes at the time? What about the massive fallout because of the snap, do they chose to reverse that as well? Like, the millions that suicided because of their family being gone, or people that died because of crashing planes, car accidents, etc?
    I assumed that everyone must have been snapped back into a safe place. If the Infinity Gauntlet was powerful enough, and *precise* enough to *only* dust Thanos' troops in the climax, then by that logic, it should be precise enough to make sure that everyone who comes back comes back in a safe place. After all, Banner isn't the type to mess around with that, and he's too intelligent not to have thought about it ahead of time.

And like others pointed out, the 5 year gap for the unsnapped people is a massive problem. I like how exactly whole Peter Parker's class is still the same age, so I guess they were all snapped? This 50/50 thing is starting to look skewed.
    Don't forget that the snap took away Hawkeye's *entire* family - all three of his kids and his wife. I don't think that it was a strict 50/50 split in the sense that it went through and perfectly divided families. I think it was much more arbitrary. So I could very well see an entire class of students getting snapped, while another school's class remained untouched.

7/10 was entertaining movie and cant wait to watch it again to pick up all easter eggs. Infinity War was better though imo, except for the end fight. What Endgame got going for it is that its 3 hours of massive fan service and the culmination of 21 movies. Not sure if I care for anything else after, the Infinity Saga IS the MCU to me (which means go away Brie Durrson)
    IDK, I really liked Endgame. I loved that Captain America *finally* got his happy ending - I mean, we've been watching him grieve for Peggy Carter for years at this point. It was only fair that he would get to go back and have what he was so cruelly denied in the first place.

I completely didn't expect to lose Black Widow *and* Iron Man, too, though. I did love, however, that Iron Man's sacrifice was a direct dig at Captain America's words about him in a previous movie (I can't remember if it's one of the Avengers movies or Captain America: Civil War) where Captain suggested that Tony wasn't the type to sacrifice for the good of everyone else. Instead, Tony made the ultimate sacrifice in the end - though I think that was due in large part to becoming a father. There was no way he was going to let Thanos kill his baby girl.

Edited to Add:
    I was pretty disappointed that it was Black Widow and not Hawkeye who died for the Soulstone, but I understood that, in the context of the plot and dramatic motivations, it made perfect sense. Hawkeye's entire reason for being there - his entire reason for existing - was to try to get his family back. There was no way Natasha was going to let him throw that away to save her, when she had no real family to go back to. To me it did give that sacrifice extra meaning when they both fought over who would die - that they each loved each other enough to not want the other to sacrifice.
    Last edited by TirielWoW; 2019-04-28 at 05:54 PM. Reason: :| It's not fair that I can't bold and italicize things in spoiler tags!!!
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Actually, why the hell was he withered to begin with? Thanos did not wither the first time he put it on did the first snap, he only got burned when he destroyed the stones. Why did they suddenly start burning people now? Also, on top of that, does Hulk not have some healing factor shit? I am pretty sure he has had that in prior movies/comics, but i am not 100%.
    Go back and watch the end of IW, Thanos was ALL fucked up from the snap.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    She was terrible in this. Like they just brought her in for reshoots. Zero range, chemistry, etc. Bad choice to play a super heroine imo.
    Eh. But we're coming off of the Captain Marvel movie, too. Remember, different directors, for one. I had the same issue with Infinity War after seeing Black Panther - the feel of the Black Panther characters was just off to me in Infinity War after just seeing the other movie. I noticed the same thing with Wonder Woman and Justice League - different directors, different costumers, and Wonder Woman was left feeling completely different in the second movie versus her own solo outing.

Don't forget, too, that a lot of these movies were filming before the solo outing had even finished production (sometimes before it had even been filmed). I think that contributes quite a bit to the oddness you see in these characters versus who they are in their own solo films.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler warning! Jon Snow died!

Imo move was cool but a little bit to long or partially to slow. In general i am satisfied. Thor was awesome.

One thing that still confuses me though.

Did the un-snappening literally revert everyone that had been snapped? So that guy that was in the helicopter at the end of Infinity War just appeared mid air and dropped to his death? What about people in airplanes at the time? What about the massive fallout because of the snap, do they chose to reverse that as well? Like, the millions that suicided because of their family being gone, or people that died because of crashing planes, car accidents, etc?

The movie skips over this and I know its a "try not to think about it" kind of deal, but I feel faked out that we just have to believe everything is OK because Ant Man sees a few birds and all the Avengers show up in the amazing end scene, the only people we're supposed to care about I guess.

And like others pointed out, the 5 year gap for the unsnapped people is a massive problem. I like how exactly whole Peter Parker's class is still the same age, so I guess they were all snapped? This 50/50 thing is starting to look skewed.

7/10 was entertaining movie and cant wait to watch it again to pick up all easter eggs. Infinity War was better though imo, except for the end fight. What Endgame got going for it is that its 3 hours of massive fan service and the culmination of 21 movies. Not sure if I care for anything else after, the Infinity Saga IS the MCU to me (which means go away Brie Durrson)
    The way they fixed it leaves SO many holes. Wife was snapped and you moved on found a new wife had a kid? Well here's your old wife back and to her, its been 5 minutes.
    You've been gone 5 years, your house is occupied by new people and all your finances are fucked, welcome back.
    5 years of social decline due to infrastructure being decimated because of brain drain? Ehh, lets just dump 3.5 billion people back into the just starting to recover works.
    But hey, Tony has a daughter so lets not fuck around with her, lol.

Not really a fan of Brie Larson as a person, but she actually is a good actress. She won an award for the movie Room.
    None disputes that she's a good actress, she just isn't a good Captain Marvel. It's a classic miscast, just like Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. She lacks the screen presence to portray a character based on power, her voice is to soft, to silent. She'd be better suited to portray a character based on smarts or cunning. She might have made an excellent Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

So if Banner has taken on the Hulk body with his own mind, has he basically killed the "Hulk" persona?
    Well, he isnt Banner mind and hulk body. He is a mix, he is a bit smaller than rage hulk and A LOT more open and charismatic than normal Banner. He is the "best of both".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess in a universe where people have neuro armour and shoot red energy from their hands and eyes...where racoons and trees talk... or travel at light speed and do all kinds of crazy shit.....you are not supposed to think about THIS

Oh yeah...and time travel is always a tricky, borderline dumb thing. After Infinity Wars...it was like 100% only time travel can solve it..and it did. Still a film I enjoyed, but imagine they found a better solution (I have no idea how).

Back to the Future was an awesome film before the internet existed, but once the internet arrives..hell..we picked holes into this. So now we are this cynical entity that can just shit on everything

Endgame wrapped up years and years of Superhero films and I want to enjoy it as I did enjoy the superhero comics of my childhood.

And boy..oh ...boy...how I don't envy the screenwriters and directors who now have to push this into the next phase. Guardians of the Galaxy 3 ...Deadpool 3...Spiderman? ...sure...probably easy...but where to take Avengers? Hulk? All that? Is it seriously all going to be a redone with everyone changing to Black Captain America (Falcon), Female Thor (Valkyr) etc etc etc? And who will care?
    You might want to spoiler part of your post, since some plot elements you mentioned aren't 100% known unless you actually watch the movie.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I went back and added a tag...but would sure as hell helped if you told me what you mean. Because I have been in this thread for some time and didn't see anything I mentioned not "spoiled" already really....
    *shrugs* I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know what has and has not been spoiled, but I do know the mods can be quite strict about things. I personally just would have spoiler tagged the entire thing. Not quite sure why people are so hesitant to use the tags.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    None disputes that she's a good actress, she just isn't a good Captain Marvel. It's a classic miscast, just like Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. She lacks the screen presence to portray a character based on power, her voice is to soft, to silent. She'd be better suited to portray a character based on smarts or cunning. She might have made an excellent Scarlet Witch.
    Oh I definitely agree on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I definitely agree on that.
    I personally like her as Captain Marvel, but I do feel that she wasn't really used correctly in Endgame. To me, it was like two different characters between Captain Marvel and Endgame, but I'm chalking that up to different writers and directors. I saw it with Black Panther and Infinity War, and with Wonder Woman and Justice League, too.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There’s also about a 30-year time gap. Tell me you don’t change in 30 years.
    Also layering in the fact that she isn't under Kree influence, where they suppressed her emotions.

But I'm also not a huge fan of her as Captain Marvel, but won't fully pass judgement until the sequel. Emily Blunt would have been my first choice (see Edge of Tomorrow and Sicario). But maybe the sequel will open things up a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I personally like her as Captain Marvel, but I do feel that she wasn't really used correctly in Endgame. To me, it was like two different characters between Captain Marvel and Endgame, but I'm chalking that up to different writers and directors. I saw it with Black Panther and Infinity War, and with Wonder Woman and Justice League, too.
    I can see that. I enjoyed Captain Marvel, but I watched a few of her interviews about Endgame and she just seems like a giant asshole (I'm not talking about the White movie critics thing either). So I think that might've tainted how I felt about her in Endgame as well. It does feel like she acts differently between Captain Marvel and Endgame though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There’s also about a 30-year time gap. Tell me you don’t change in 30 years.
    Which is fair. What I meant was, I chalked it up to the same weirdness I'd seen previously with Black Panther and Wonder Woman, only in this case it was honestly a bit milder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Also layering in the fact that she isn't under Kree influence, where they suppressed her emotions.

But I'm also not a huge fan of her as Captain Marvel, but won't fully pass judgement until the sequel. Emily Blunt would have been my first choice (see Edge of Tomorrow and Sicario). But maybe the sequel will open things up a bit more.
    It will be interesting to see how they do the sequel. They kind of took a Captain America route with her, so I'm curious what the next step is.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

God, I can't even imagine what a Captain Marvel sequel will be. They've overdone her powers to the point where even Thanos most powerful warship was nothing more than an obstacle for her to (literally) just fly through, while she's out taking a stroll. Even Superman they had to give him Kryptonite and his rigorous moral compass to stop him just instantly destroying anything and everyone he comes across.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    You got to say Marvel has done a fantastic job at reaching out to as many audiences as they could. From Black Panther to Captain Marvel, I wouldn't think there would be many complaints about diversity in MCU.
    Where the hell did this whole idea come from that people will just go and see or appreciate films because they "look like" the main character? It kind of goes in the face of all cinema and literary history. Do you seriously need a lesbian Latina character for lesbian latina women to pick up the book?

For Black Panther I think there's a case to be made that it brought in a new audience, as there's little afro-futurism in cinema, but I really can't imagine Captain Marvel bringing in significantly more women who weren't already interested in Comic Book Movies.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

My biggest issue with Endgame is that Banner is once more just comedy relief. It worked in Ragnarok as the whole film was like that and you had the strengths of the Hulk to balance it out. Now it's dialed up 100% It feels cringey and embarrassing.

I've always been a huge Hulk fan, I even enjoyed the Norton movie a lot. I can remember how after Avengers everyone was clamouring for a new Hulk film but I can't even imagine wanting to see one with Ruffalo Banner and Hulk.

Also sad that Thor was basically a joke for most of the movie.

Also in regard to Black Widow..
    I liked the first 2 Thor films but hated Thor:Ragnarok because I understood it meant they were basically giving up on trying to seriously develop his character and turning him into comic relief. "Hhahaha look at Thor put in silly situations! hahahaha". They did the same to Hulk. But that's because box office was low for both.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

God, I can't even imagine what a Captain Marvel sequel will be. They've overdone her powers to the point where even Thanos most powerful warship was nothing more than an obstacle for her to (literally) just fly through, while she's out taking a stroll. Even Superman they had to give him Kryptonite and his rigorous moral compass to stop him just instantly destroying anything and everyone he comes across.

Where the hell did this whole idea come from that people will just go and see or appreciate films because they "look like" the main character? It kind of goes in the face of all cinema and literary history. Do you seriously need a lesbian Latina character for lesbian latina women to pick up the book?

For Black Panther I think there's a case to be made that it brought in a new audience, as there's little afro-futurism in cinema, but I really can't imagine Captain Marvel bringing in significantly more women who weren't already interested in Comic Book Movies.
    Watching Black Panther opening night in my movie theater compared to watching other marvel movies was a huge difference in demographics. Same with Captain Marvel. Anecdotal yes but it's not like there are any actually demographical data available to the public to state facts off of.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

When did Warmachine get a color change btw? In He had the travel suit and then his normal black tone suit, then in the end battle he had, IDK looked blue and redish and much beefier?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Eisenberg isn't miscast as Lex Luthor. He's just playing a different version that were normally accustomed to seeing. Eisenberg represents the Post-crisis Luthor from around 1986-1994. Lex Luthor had gotten cancer from experimenting with kryptonite, so he had his brain removed and a clone body grown around it. This one was very young (in his 20s) with long locks of red hair and acted very differently.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.