Mistweaver: Trying to figure out how to scumbag high hps in raids

Update from the OP: This OP has been removed and a mod has been contacted to try and lock this thread. I decided that this may not be information that is productive to the community in WoW. As has been mentioned, intentional wipe risks, mechanic fails, and even removing raiders for parses on trivial content is not acceptable(and I want to thank others for pointing this out), they are actually problematic, and thus maybe not the best topic of discussion at the beginning of a new xpak.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2018-09-26 at 04:38 PM.

Wow, sounds like a Holy Paladin being pretty salty about the meters in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Wow, sounds like a Holy Paladin being pretty salty about the meters in here.
    I'm personally not one to be angry over video games. I wish Holy Paladins the best of luck, however my main is now a MW. I may go back to Holy Paladin next patch depending on the status of the 2 classes, in which case I may create such a thread on the Paladin's forum here. Trust me when I say I have no negative feelings towards any class, or the game itself. I am simply trying to optimize my performance on warcraftlogs.

WCL may not be the focus of every raider, but for me it is a major enjoyment I derive from the game. In fact, I've never mained a healer before this xpak!

Also, it is important to note I am trying to get good, I am not good yet by any means. Thus, the need to ask the community for best practice when a specified goal is in mind.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2018-09-26 at 03:42 PM.

Before I get to everything you mention.... wow. You really don't sound like a healer. You talk about parsing on warcraft logs like they are indications of being a good healer. You sound like a dps (which is the logical conclusion of your last sentence) or a holy paladin too used to gaming Aura Mastery: Sacrifice for hps.

The fact is - boss kills determine how good a healer is. And if you want to orange parse... DROP A HEALER. That is the only consistent way. Get all the external mana you can and get rid of one of your co-healers entirely. Sniping them means that you are wasting a raid spot on a co-healer and the boss could be dying quicker. That being said, let's address your points.

1) Font of life + upwelling is the best combo for HPS, not scumbag hps. All healing is good healing, and essence font is our best spell by a mile.
    2) Yes, revival can be a useful CD sniping tool. But, why??
    3) I'm assuming that because your'e trying to parse and not kill bosses, you're probably doing trivial content and don't plan on OOMing. Just stack haste and int for most hps in that case.
    4) If you are actually bothering to cast EF, NEVER precast it (in raids). It's not worth it, just cast another vivify.
    5) Enveloping mist is a great spell, and assuming that a minimal amount of it goes into overhealing, it is competitive with most of our spells except for essence font. BUT, as mentioned above, you sounds like you're not running challenging content, so most of this spell is gonna go to overhealing. So, yeah... don't cast EvM, i guess.
    6) Idk here. Again, not challenging content, so mana might not be an issue? But mana should be an issue, and in that case you generally want to use TFT on vivify, and not on rem, unless you aren't actively healing.
    7) Yes. Though ReM can be cast on a target that already has it on it if there is another injured ally nearby.
    8) Whoa, you're actually being considerate of wiping the raid? Are you running trivial content or not. But yes, use Chi-Burst towards your raid, that should be pretty obvious.
    9) Yes? But not just vivify. Any spell that procs mastery is worth casting after essence font.

Yes. You're opinion is wrong. If you want to parse as a healer. Focus on getting orange damage parses AND purple healing parses, then come back. Healing parses are worthless, and always achieved by gimmicks.

So with healing, topping logs is different to DPS. You need to actually play badly to do it. Ofc you need to heal well but you need to fail mechanics in order to heal your self with spells like Healing Elixirs, additionally you need to cause the raid to take damage and then quickly heal it by failing some mechanics. You can't top logs if no one takes any unnecessary damage. Find stuff on fights you can do to cause AoE raid damage. Running between rooms on Mother, Spawning the add from the Cloud on Zel, get creative I'm sure there's more shit you can do to cause chaos.

You're in the weird position of needing to fuck up as much as possible without actually killing anyone. Let me know how you get on and how many raids kick you for this

Okay, I understand guys. Let me go ahead and say this.

Wiping the raid intentionally or failing mechanics for scumbag hps, should be unacceptable. HPS meters are also not a metric of a good healer.

I want to thank fiif and ribthanwa for their excellent contributions to this thread, and I've requested a lock based on their opinions, which after consideration I am in agreement with. Thanks all.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2018-09-26 at 04:34 PM.