Thread: DH's third spec

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

DH's third spec

Could it be possible that they give DH's a ranged DPS spec that is using the bow? Maybe some fast shooting dude wielding 2x one handed crossbows. Yes this is what I want and I want it right now. Quality post, I am aware.

in D3 universe maybe.

Deleted
    If we can't have this, then atleast remove Vengeful Retreat from the GCD, LUL. We can have both, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Norian45 View Post
    Could it be possible that they give DH's a ranged DPS spec that is using the bow? Maybe some fast shooting dude wielding 2x one handed crossbows. Yes this is what I want and I want it right now. Quality post, I am aware.
    I would like this approach or even a throwing glaves mechanics with eye beams too that it would be easier to achiev i guess.

To be honest, I prefer a heal spec,, based on fel magic and shadow.

A dual crossbow wielding class sounds nice

but I don't think WoWs demon hunters are it unfortunately

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    DH with the bow is awesome in D3, but doesn't make any sense at all in WoW.
    Alto healing spec somewhat works. Not so great heals but awesome fel buffs or something. You see those demons in Legion always buffing themselves with a good stuff.

Deleted
    I would love a healer version of DH. Not sure how it could work mechanically because it sounds pretty dumb considering the class's lore but still a man can dream

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean Demon Hunters were recruited among elves and both night elves and high/blood elves have a tradition of archery. The idea that some people might seek to use the demon within to improve their already hard earned skills as archers and hunters is not weird at all and if Blizzard had gone that way back in Legion it would have made sense. But adding something like that now seems silly.
    This is very true. Alto I'm so used to associate DH with glaves, it's almost impossible to separate them.
    At this point I would agree with ANYTHING blizzard can add as a 3rd spec to Demon Hunters. But we all know it won't happen, change is too radical and they have super hard time balancing things as it is. Man can dream tho...

I feel like Allari could be a good model for either a ranged DPS or healer. With her using a Scythe and mostly casting magical spells it seems like they could easily explain the new spec as some DHs wanting to learn her changes to the methodology.

Quote Originally Posted by Norian45 View Post
    As I've said before, a soul spec based around wielding a 2 handed weapon like Allari would be better. It can have ranged attacks like what Harbaron uses.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2018-09-17 at 02:50 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by troqu View Post
    I feel like Allari could be a good model for either a ranged DPS or healer. With her using a Scythe and mostly casting magical spells it seems like they could easily explain the new spec as some DHs wanting to learn her changes to the methodology.
    If they make a 3rd spec, yes I hope they take this route. (Ideally, as a unholy healer so we have the 3 roles available ♥)

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    If they make a 3rd spec, yes I hope they take this route. (Ideally, as a unholy healer so we have the 3 roles available ♥)
    They won't add 3rd spec to a class which have been around for that long. Maybe during Legion they had their chance, lore wise, like those light demons (eredars?) but now? Yes, most of us want it but it make so little sense to actually do it. For starters that would be balancing issue and I bet it's a lot harder we can actually imagine. It's not just tweaking numbers up and down, they have to see how spec would synergize with others and probably a lot more, we, end users have no clue about.

Is it possible to add another spec for established class? Yes.
    Does it worth to spend so much money and effort on something so little importance at this moment, with game being almost in beta yet, bugs, glitches, azerite system and general depression? Seriously doubt it.

Range demon hunters exist and they are in D3. There they play like a petless hunter mixed with a rogue, that type cant be in wow as far to many abilities cross over.

I'd love a healing/buff class where the DH essentially fires demon fel into the targets, essentially pumping/powering/buffing them up and healing in the process, kind of how Bane gets all pumped up from venom. There could even be a spell where the character grows in size from all the fel being poured into him by the Demon Hunter.

As I wrote in another thread, I would give two new spec alternatives for demon hunters: Warden & Lightforged Hunter.

Warden: The hunt becomes the hunter. The Wardens hunted down demon hunters for a while, but with legion everything changed. Wardens & demon hunters were killed together while fighting the legion, to the point that wardens no longer consider them a foe or a thread. Even Illidan became the jailor, aka the warden, of Sargeras. Maybe it would be the time for the Wardens to teach the surviving Demon Hunters their secret battling skills?

Lightforged Hunter: Not hunting lightforged creatures, but the result of lighforged demon hunters, like the creature that illidan would become if he hadn't kill Xera. I guess it would be fun to find out how a lightforged demon hunter would work? Something in the lines of the discipline spec, with heals & DPS?

Deleted
    I'd like a Fel healer. In general, this game seriously lacks a dark healing spec. Everything's holy this, nature that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    I'd like a Fel healer. In general, this game seriously lacks a dark healing spec. Everything's holy this, nature that.
    healing is about helping friends and restoring life both are the very opposite ideas of the demonic theme. fel healing does exist - in a very egocentric way for demonhunters and warlocks. And thats how it should be - unless we all turn fel infected beeings that can be replenished by fel energy.

a rangedspec for DH would just be some loreextension, as illidan himself did quite some glaivetossing and eyebeamshooting. But having a Demonhunter healing a Paladin or Monk Tank by using Felenergy? You could aswell pick up the wow lore book and through it straight out of the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    They won't add 3rd spec to a class which have been around for that long. Maybe during Legion they had their chance, lore wise, like those light demons (eredars?) but now? Yes, most of us want it but it make so little sense to actually do it. For starters that would be balancing issue and I bet it's a lot harder we can actually imagine. It's not just tweaking numbers up and down, they have to see how spec would synergize with others and probably a lot more, we, end users have no clue about.

Is it possible to add another spec for established class? Yes.
    Does it worth to spend so much money and effort on something so little importance at this moment, with game being almost in beta yet, bugs, glitches, azerite system and general depression? Seriously doubt it.
    Oh yeah definitely. I don't have high hopes for that, if that ever happens, that's what I hope for. ^^

Deleted
    A ranged caster like when Illidan became demon on w3