Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Here's a log from the heroic pug I was in today, seems not all bosses are in but first 3 I didn't even heal as there was no need anyway. Again I'm not trying to argue that it's superior to upwelling, just that the idea that you shouldn't be using it outside of lfr is just a silly notion as you can do enough hps with it to easily heal all of heroic and most of mythic at this point and so you should just play it if you want, at least that's what I do at this point where pugs have no problem zerging everything.

edit: I probalby should remember to link it https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=2
    Well yeah obviously i bet at near 380 ilvl early hc bosses can be killed with pretty much any talent or even no talent at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    Well yeah obviously i bet at near 380 ilvl early hc bosses can be killed with pretty much any talent or even no talent at all.
    And you could do fine with much lower as well, 360 is pretty much handed to you for free and that's more than enough to very easily heal heroic. I'll repeat once more, my point is that it's silly to say that you shouldn't use it outside of lfr as if anything above that is some super difficult content. You could fistweave at anything but mythic progress and do fine, and at this point if you're still progressing mythic you could do it there as well as skill is likely a bigger factor at that level.

Obviously I would not recommend playing it for mythic progression as you would perform better with the other playstyle and chances are unless you got another monk you are probably needed to tank heal quite a bit, something that doesn't really work that well with fistweaving.

Well I agree.
    The thing is the playstyle is nothing special compared to the other talents, it doesn't seem to do any "niche" better. So as I said... yay you can also run without talent but everyone would say you should not.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    Well I agree.
    The thing is the playstyle is nothing special compared to the other talents, it doesn't seem to do any "niche" better. So as I said... yay you can also run without talent but everyone would say you should not.
    I mean it is quite different, you focus on healing raid and melee especially rather than tank healing. That said I probably won't bother with it next week, just gonna go usual tank healing build except with focused thunder just to do more damage as pug raids are usually trying hard to do raid healing but tend to forget healing the tanks.

But yeah if you got tank healing covered then It's pretty close for raid healing and at least personally I find it quite a bit more fun.

The whole point for fistweaving is that you get a ton of mana, so you can spend it more freely, with damage being simply the cherry on top. Pretty much, you replace soothing mist with Tiger Paw x3 -> Kick, while throwing Renewing Mists around and using rising kick as often as possible if you get the talent for it. The free mana you get allow you to cast the big spenders more often, which offsets the loss from the time you were DPSing.

Since that's not complicated at all, the complicated part is knowing when to fist and when to weave. If in a dungeon group and you fist at the wrong moment, someone will die, and in raids, fisting at the wrong moment will put too much pressure on the other healers. Still, it allows you to be a bit more "bursty" in your healing, which works well with fights that have little damage and then bam a ton of damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellithe View Post
    The whole point for fistweaving is that you get a ton of mana, so you can spend it more freely, with damage being simply the cherry on top. Pretty much, you replace soothing mist with Tiger Paw x3 -> Kick, while throwing Renewing Mists around and using rising kick as often as possible if you get the talent for it. The free mana you get allow you to cast the big spenders more often, which offsets the loss from the time you were DPSing.

Since that's not complicated at all, the complicated part is knowing when to fist and when to weave. If in a dungeon group and you fist at the wrong moment, someone will die, and in raids, fisting at the wrong moment will put too much pressure on the other healers. Still, it allows you to be a bit more "bursty" in your healing, which works well with fights that have little damage and then bam a ton of damage.
    You can do that without rising mist and still would heal more with your occasional upwelling fullpowered EF for less mana than EF + 2RSK

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Avenging crusader is unbelievably strong as a 2 min healing CD. It adds some dps (not going to make overall dps anything significant) but it's DEFINITELY worth taking, regardless, because of the healing it puts out. It's the top selected talent on every fight for that talent tier, pretty much unanimously.
    Forgot we are talking raids. In that case, yeah. Not raiding a lot lately, so 5man mentality creeps in.
    M+ - SW is just too good not to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    DP - yes, HP - no.
    Avanging crusader is not worth taking and since it's the only real DPS->Healing talent - the point is moot.
    are you a casual ? like wtf lol is by far the best HP healing CD