Poll: Will Azshara or 8.2 Be at Blizzcon?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzcon 2016 was broadly similar to Blizzcon 2018 in terms of distance from the expansion, and it had 7.2 details and reveals alongside a 7.3 tease. We might not get a tease, but I'd be shocked if they did a Blizzcon presentation on WoW, which is still a flagship title, and only talked about a patch that would already be on the PTR for months and a demo for a 15 year old game. We might not get all the 8.2 info we want, but we'll get some.

Deleted
    Honestly what was shown was probably supposed to be shown at blizzcon. I think they panicked with how many people are unsubing. Blizzcon Will most likely just be more in depth 8.1. This expansion is no legion, it's a gimped, rushed, buggy, and barren legion. My sub runs out in 2 weeks. I'll be back in the patch most likely coming out December. And I 100% the raid won't be open till January.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, as a refresher, Blizzcon 2016's What's Next Panel was basically a roadmap for all the concent that would come to WoW in 2017.

Blizzcon 2016 (November 4) happened about a week after 7.1 dropped (October 25). They talked about 7.1.5, 7.2, and ended with Argus concept art for 7.3.

By the time Blizzcon 2017 rolled around they had already announced BFA at Gamescom.

So, yeah. I fully expect the Blizzcon panels for BFA to be a roadmap for 2019. They'll almost certainly announce plans for at least patch 8.1.5 and 8.2.

They'll also have lots of details on Classic, obviously, and once again it needs to be stressed that Classic is being developed by a different team with its own timetable. I would guess they'll introduce the Classic team, or team leads at least, talk a lot about their philosphy, and probably even the history of the game. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Joanathan Staats there, with other devs. Would be cool to see Kaplan and others talking about it.

I'm extremely confident that Classic will launch in 2019, in time for the game's 15th anniversary.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-09-27 at 03:19 AM.

Remember how in legion's blizzcon they not only revealed 7.2, but also spoiled the fuck out of 7.3?

edit: wooops, the guy right above me said the same in advance, with better evidence.

Yeah I don't see it. They announced 8.1 late as hell, and we don't even have the patch trailer for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    its more likely that next expac release info will be disclosed at blizzcon than 8.2 stuff.

lol. your /sarcasm made me roll my eyes and what people expect these days.
    Wtf are you on about? 2 years ago they laid down the entirety of legion for us despite us being in what, patch 8.1.5? There is zero chance we wont get 8.2 info ar blizzcon
    We humans have to stick together

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Remember how in legion's blizzcon they not only revealed 7.2, but also spoiled the fuck out of 7.3?
    Yep. Exactly.

Even if 8.1 isn't out yet, it will have been on the PTR for nearly two months at that point. I don't think 8.1 will launch before Blizzcon because obviously the timetable for 8.1 is delayed about a month compared to 7.1, which fits with what they've said about 7.1 being released too early in the cycle.

But I fully expect the 8.1 patch trailer and release date (probably "Soon. No tm, actually soon!"), along with details for the 8.1.5 patch and PTR start date (probably "right after 8.1!").

And even if they don't have the details for 8.2 fully ironed out, by November they will have models, environments, story details, and lots of concept art to show. They'll probably announce the next batch of Allied Races, at the very least.

I won't say for sure that they'll tease 8.3, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they end the panel with a glimpse of Nyalotha or N'Zoth or some other big surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    2 years ago they laid down the entirety of legion for us despite us being in what, patch 8.1.5?
    Not even. We were a week and a half into 7.1.0.

Anyone who thinks Blizzard isn't going to reveal info on both 8.2 and 8.3 at Blizzcon is just being purposefully negative for no reason. That or they have the memory capacity of a rodent (Blizzcon 2016 anyone?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    its more likely that next expac release info will be disclosed at blizzcon than 8.2 stuff.
    Expansion announcements happen every two years and BFA was announced last year. If they show anything for retail WoW it will be for 8.2 and I think it's very likely they will show it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it is it's probably as nothing more than a teaser. Like after recapping 8.1 they're like "And after this..."

And then it's just some Azshara concept art.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    By the time Blizzcon 2017 rolled around they had already announced BFA at Gamescom.
    Legion was announced at a Gamescom, BFA was announced at 2017 Blizzcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Legion was announced at a Gamescom, BFA was announced at 2017 Blizzcon.
    Oh, yeah, you're right. They probably could have announced BFA at Gamescom, though, considering that they had the opening cinematic ready to show at Blizzcon along with the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If it is it's probably as nothing more than a teaser. Like after recapping 8.1 they're like "And after this..."

And then it's just some Azshara concept art.
    2016's Blizzcon showcased a lot of 7.2 info right when 7.1 went up, along with a teaser for 7.3. I'm sure they'll do the same this year.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    2016's Blizzcon showcased a lot of 7.2 info right when 7.1 went up, along with a teaser for 7.3. I'm sure they'll do the same this year.
    Depends. Maybe I'm just weird but I think 8.1 isn't even out by Blizzcon. I think we get the 8.1 release date at Blizzcon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Depends. Maybe I'm just weird but I think 8.1 isn't even out by Blizzcon. I think we get the 8.1 release date at Blizzcon.
    Even if it's not on live servers by then all the info for it will already be revealed. I see no reason why they wouldn't show what's coming with 8.2.

Theres gonna be some massive damage control at blizzcon. No doubt about it.

- - - Updated - - -

and spoiler: its not going to work

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see why it wouldn't. Blizzcon happened in November and they announced 7.2 months before Nighthold even came out, with the actual patch coming out in late March the next year. I also think you guys are thinking that Blizzard will talk about Classic a lot more than they actually will realistically.

One thing to keep in mind is that despite how this content is being handled in the game files (ie: the big raid isn't even in the game files yet, unlike NH which was put in the game in the Alpha), the release schedule is still looking like it will be very similar to Legion's release schedule. However instead of the ToV-like raid being released first, we're getting the NH-like raid released first with the small raid being released afterwards. Which to be quite honest, is a more reasonable way to do it in my opinion; having to wait ~6 months for NH to come out after EN came out was pretty shitty.

But yeah, there's no reason for why they wouldn't. The big raid is coming sooner than the big raid did in Legion, but the release schedules for the raids and content are looking like they'll be similar to Legion, which would mean that the 8.2 premiere would very likely be at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    PTR has been up for like almost a week, but doesn't even work properly. Blizzard has really screwed the pooch with BFA.
    PTR literally came up on Friday. Stop being a drama queen, PTR patches have been fucked before.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-09-27 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    PTR literally came up on Friday. Stop being a drama queen.
    Which was almost a week ago... and the PTR doesn't even work properly...

How exactly am I being a drama queen?...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Which was almost a week ago... and the PTR doesn't even work properly...

How exactly am I being a drama queen?...
    "bLiZzArD HaS ReaLlY sCrEwEd ThE pOOcH WiTH bfA"

The PTR came out on a Friday, their last day of the work week. This isn't the first time a PTR patch has screwed up. I think you'll live without being able to "test" (read: play) the patch literally the day it gets released on the PTR.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-09-27 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    its good that the playerbase knows everything then i guess.
    It's hard to look at the complete lack of polish on anything in this expansion and come to a conclusion that the development team has a cohesive grasp on literally fucking anything. I'll be the first to admit that game design by democracy is an awful fucking idea (here's a post from a few months ago where I did exactly that) but it isn't outside of reason to criticize the developers when they're clearly dropping the ball.