Poll: Will Azshara or 8.2 Be at Blizzcon?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will 8.2 Be At Blizzcon?

So now that we know they're making a big deal about classic and 8.1 just hit the PTR. (I dont even know if it's testable) Do you think we'll hear anything about 8.2 or 8.1.5? Or will they skip it and just talk about classic? Will it be an attempt to dodge critisism with the live game? How much live game coverage will we get at Blizzcon?

When do we usually get the schedule for Blizzcon. If there's a World of Warcraft: "What's Next" panel, im sure we'll be getting info on something new atleast. I mean I love the idea of classic, but I dont want the devs to abandon the live game as a lost cause for it.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2018-09-26 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really have no idea what Blizzard is doing anymore...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    I don't think Blizzard does, either.

It is odd, 8.1 will be two months in PTR wise by the time blizzcon comes around, unless they have big stuff for it unannounced then they wont really have anything for blizzcon unless its 8.2...

So unless they release 8.1 before blizzcon, it'll be weird to see them talking about a patch thats two ahead.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

judging by how fucked up 8.1 right now and PTR doesnt even work properly you cant be sure about anything blizzard do

BFA is just a huge beta test

Can you test anything for 8.1 yet? Or have they not even opened the servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    PTR has been up for like almost a week, but doesn't even work properly. Blizzard has really screwed the pooch with BFA.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly and PTR testing for 8.1 seems to just be starting up. Depends on when 8.1 is released.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Nope. There is simply nothing to test yet - no class changes, no raid, no Warfront.

They just pushed it to show us that ''Hey, we have something in works!''.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There might be a few hints, but I doubt it. They might just have some computers up for peeps to play 8.1 or something? /shrug
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    nope. 8.1 at best might.. MIGHT be on live servers around that weekend. 8.2 will not be at blizzcon this year.

the focus will be obviously classic demo.. and maybe 8.1 content.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    This 100%. I have no fucking clue anymore. And neither do them.

We'll almost certainly get more information about what's coming beyond 8.1. We already know most of what'll be in 8.1, so they're liable to spend at least one full panel talking about what's coming next. Two years ago they basically outlined all of the major patches we'd be getting in Legion at Blizzcon, and I'd expect something similar to happen here given that they said they're aiming for a similar content release schedule. Not full-blown juicy details about everything that's coming down the pipeline, but definitely a bit of an exposé on 8.2 and some teasers about what we'll be seeing afterwards. The only way I don't see it happening is if they're really far behind in development, which is possible, but even then they can still talk about their plans using some slides and concept art.

I think/fear that a lot of the WoW news this year might be focused on Warcraft: Classic, what with the demo being revealed on the show floor and given out with the virtual ticket.

I certainly HOPE to see 8.2 info, though.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't think Blizzard does, either.
    its good that the playerbase knows everything then i guess.

Of course...? I Mean cmon, its 100%, prob Also a peak at 8,3
    We humans have to stick together

I would almost guarantee we'll hear about 8.2 at Blizzcon, with probably a tease for 8.3. It's still nearly a month and a half away, by then we'll know pretty much all there is to know about 8.1. I expect it to be a fairly light Blizzcon as far as WoW news goes, but I'm confident they'll give us something about the future.
    Last edited by seleri; 2018-09-27 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Of course...? I Mean cmon, its 100%, prob Also a peak at 8,3
    its more likely that next expac release info will be disclosed at blizzcon than 8.2 stuff.

lol. your /sarcasm made me roll my eyes and what people expect these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Unless....wow wont be the star of Blizzcon...maybe diablo??

7+ Year Old Account
    I can see a mild 8.2 Azshara tease like they did with Argus. Other than that, a full segment on Classic and an in-depth walkthrough of 8.1.

Now if the hopeful romantic in me is right, we will also have an entire segment on how they are reworking/fixing most of the major mechanics and system of BFA, and some general notes on their renewed design philosophy going forward, as a sort of investor friendly way of saying they messed up.