Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    why would 3 different ilvl drop from the same boss? And if not so, why did guy a not get 370 or 385? Its a massive upgrade for him as well. So could be just scenario A over again. btw you can trade in personal loot as well, so guy has 370, 355 drops for him, he can trade it to you. Now you have stuff as well.

Its not as black and white as you think
    It is fairly black and white, and you're putting emphasis on the wrong thing. It's not loot dropping from the same boss. It's different difficulties.

In the past, if we killed boss #3 of an instance on normal, heroic, and mythic in one week, we might get 3x of the same item drop at the 3 different item levels. Say it's a weapon, or an azerite piece - now we can give 3 raiders a weapon upgrade.

Under this new system, unless the mythic version is the *first* drop, then two upgrades are wasted - you kill normal thaloc, get a weapon, you're happy. You kill heroic, get the weapon, and normal is now wasted. You kill mythic, get the weapon, and two upgrades have been wasted.

This forces people to try and push the most difficult content early in the week, before doing farm (EG; My guild cleared 4 mythic bosses this week before our heroic run) to ensure that you don't waste potential loot because someone gets an item in heroic, then gets the same item in mythic.

It's stupid and pointless, and because of how rare Azerite is, it hasn't even killed split raids - it's just made them more mandatory if you want your raid to be well-geared, you don't see the impact the first week, you see it after 2-3 weeks when you're progressing the last boss (EG; Last reset we armor-stacked cloth+plate and mail+leather alts in our two 30 man splits, and traded a TON of azerite from our alts to our mains, making the first two weeks totally worth it because of how hard Azerite is to get).

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Not entirely true, you remember those sweet emblem of triumphs/emblem of frost or whatever they were called? You could target your piece by grinding, you could buy tier set or pvp gear if you were into arenas. It was rewarding imo. In one week you could have 1 piece of tier if I remember correctly. It may not seem much, but you earned that piece and it was a sure upgrade for you. Plus of course there were the raids, VoA, tokens to even more upgrades. To me, doing something over and over and have only to pray for the RNG is not that great.
    You mean the ones that were completely worthless in some cases due to horrible itemization, but that people would still wear for the ilvl gimping their performance, or simply wear them to fool GearScore so they got an invite and then swapped to their real gear? Cause that's what I remember most from late Wrath badge vendors.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Rng is rng sadly but that's the game )
    Back in mop did hc galakras 16 times + 16 rolls until the dps trinket drop ( it didn't drop once in those 16 runs !! ) so i waited 16 weeks to finally get the trinket from him xD

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    This is when you're supposed to realize gearing in 2009 was (nearly) infinitely slower than in 2018
    2-3 items per month was a pretty normal gearing pace (from your main raids), and now you're all swearing and spitting when you don't have full Uldir gear after a few resets.
    But doing 40man raids fighting for 1 item with like 10 other cloth users was super fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightup View Post
    So I'v been farming for azerite gear since uldir release and I'm still wearing 340 gear.

Today I did normal heroic and a little mythic with bonus rolls and nothing .

Going to a m+ for a ring 2 run nothing I'm really starting to feel frustrated from this systems

Is it a common thing or am I just unlucky because I'm considering leaving because its not fun
    I am just a casual raider, I get sometimes no gear in days and sometimes multiple drops in one raid.

I am sitting @376+ got multiple sidepieces and the only problem I have are the bagspaces I have to use for multiple azerite pieces.

The system works out well, just like in legion if you PLAY CONSTANTLY.
    It is just like LEGION, people complaining about Titanforge luck, while every casual would end close to ilvl-CAP with constant playing anyways each tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    why would 3 different ilvl drop from the same boss? And if not so, why did guy a not get 370 or 385? Its a massive upgrade for him as well. So could be just scenario A over again. btw you can trade in personal loot as well, so guy has 370, 355 drops for him, he can trade it to you. Now you have stuff as well.

Its not as black and white as you think
    never said it dropped from the same boss lol..

you clear norm guy gets 355, then you clear HC same guy gets 370, then you clear mythic and the same guy gets 385

and it's a bigger upgrade to someone with a 340 azerite than someone with a 370 obviously...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    idk im 380 ilvl and im playing the game.

seems fine to me.
    Exactly. I am ilvl 354 and I have 2 340. The game is still very enjoyable.

Has anyone said it yet? Don't tell me I'm going to be the first in this thread? Ok here goes;
    "WORKING AS INTENDED"
    I agree with other posters. Loot system sucks as its designed to keep you logged in rather than reward you for efforts or have any concern for you enjoyment. Ion keeps talking about "Fun". I bet he hasn't had to loot a boss over 50 or more times (including bonus rolls), and still not get the item he wants.
    Talking of Bonus rolls. I'm 10 used, 1 win so far into BFA. The one win was for a 355 cloak when I had a 370 welfare box cloak equipped.
    Oh what joy

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Azerite armor is the worst thing that's ever happened to this game. Does this system have any upsides at all?
    Only if you work for Activision/Blizzard otherwise no.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    My showing gear ilvl: 367
    My actual optimal stat gear: 355

This disparity existed in the past but 1-2 items or 1-2 item levels. The majority of people I know play with 10-15 item levels difference from their highest ilvl stated.
    I'd like to see simmed proof of that. With primary stats having such a high value in most of the dps classes I know, I simply cannot believe that downgrading overall ilvl by 12 ilvls is actually really the best thing to do.

There is a difference between feelscraft (because you heard that secondary stat x is the best) and simcraft...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It is fairly black and white, and you're putting emphasis on the wrong thing. It's not loot dropping from the same boss. It's different difficulties.

In the past, if we killed boss #3 of an instance on normal, heroic, and mythic in one week, we might get 3x of the same item drop at the 3 different item levels. Say it's a weapon, or an azerite piece - now we can give 3 raiders a weapon upgrade.

Under this new system, unless the mythic version is the *first* drop, then two upgrades are wasted - you kill normal thaloc, get a weapon, you're happy. You kill heroic, get the weapon, and normal is now wasted. You kill mythic, get the weapon, and two upgrades have been wasted.

This forces people to try and push the most difficult content early in the week, before doing farm (EG; My guild cleared 4 mythic bosses this week before our heroic run) to ensure that you don't waste potential loot because someone gets an item in heroic, then gets the same item in mythic.

It's stupid and pointless, and because of how rare Azerite is, it hasn't even killed split raids - it's just made them more mandatory if you want your raid to be well-geared, you don't see the impact the first week, you see it after 2-3 weeks when you're progressing the last boss (EG; Last reset we armor-stacked cloth+plate and mail+leather alts in our two 30 man splits, and traded a TON of azerite from our alts to our mains, making the first two weeks totally worth it because of how hard Azerite is to get).
    Alternatively, you kill normal get the weapon from your ML, you kill heroic and isn't even considered the weapon because hurr durr you have normal, you kill mythic and now 2 players aren't considered cause hurr durr they have normal and heroic versions.

It's just as bad. In a real scenario the ppl with heroic/normal versions wouldn't be excluded from the mythic weapon so even if ML still existed you could still have a scenario with 2 upgrades "wasted".

It all depends on what looting system you use as ML. Is it epgp, lootcouncil or just highest roll wins? If it's epgp or roll then yes the scenario with 2 wasted upgrades could happen. If it's lootcouncil then it could also happen provided that your teammates already have similar ilvl weapons as you do and it's your bis stats but not theirs.

Lootcouncil only works in a high-end raiding scenario and if you are a high-end raider but still need weapon upgrades from normal then you are just fucking your raid group by not farming gear properly.

Idk. I've had 370/355 azerite pieces since week 2 uldir and my lowest item atm is a 345 trinket because it's just too damn good to replace with heroic uldir trash trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I'd like to see simmed proof of that. With primary stats having such a high value in most of the dps classes I know, I simply cannot believe that downgrading overall ilvl by 12 ilvls is actually really the best thing to do.

There is a difference between feelscraft (because you heard that secondary stat x is the best) and simcraft...
    This is a reality especially with rings that have no primary on it and trinkets. Also azerite traits depending on the class.

Deleted

Some Azerite traits are worth nearly 2k dps, others are worth less than 200.

Do you really think a 12 ilvl upgrade will accomodate than 1800 difference.

at least you guys arent wearing the cephalohide jacket at 340 on your tank because it is the only item that has gemhide and crystaline carapace making it better than every other chest in the game.. lol
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightup View Post
    You assume stuff based of no information and it directly blaming me for the entire thing I didnt think it was relevant to say that the 370 chest I got is a piece of shit compare to my 340 also not relevant that mythic and pvp cache because no azerite gear dropped from it.

let me make myself clear so you wont assume stuff I farmed every available system for azerite gear and I still haven't seen a piece of azerite above 340 drops (regarding the guaranteed 370 see above also irrelevant as I talked about drops and not guaranteed pieces)

so what you're saying is "I got my items the system is fine" whiteout any other explanation to back your statement and you expect anyone to believe you?
    My Understanding of their post was loot is RNG and they got lucky with their runs / cache and got above 340 Azerite parts, several people in my guild are in the same boat, I however am not with still 3 parts 340, here I was thinking my i lvl was gona be gated due to the neck :P

He probably have high ilvl offspec weapon and trinkets that inflates his overall ilvl but doesn't actually increase his equipped ilvl for his main spec.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Azerite pieces not dropping in M+ is really really dumb. I'm 372 ilvl and wearing a 340 chest due to having extremely limited chances per week at anything higher. That's godawful itemization design.
    Don't reforge pieces tho we want you to build sets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Some Azerite traits are worth nearly 2k dps, others are worth less than 200.

Do you really think a 12 ilvl upgrade will accomodate than 1800 difference.
    Lots and lots of feelscraft that still does not explain 12 overall ilvl difference. Especially after the latest tunings, I don't believe this really still holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    This is the most important post ever in MMO-champion and everyone should make this their mantra.

WoW since Legion - all fun/rewarding experience removed.
    What keeps you around, then?

I have been working my druid since week 2 of Release and after all the runs, Mythic and M+2/3s, heroic, a LFR............ he is STILL rocking a 281 staff........ I have 2 340 Az pieces with a 325 Shoulder, and other than trinks and rings, everything else is 340 or higher.

My heals are sucking ass (imo) becuse of that damned staff and its crap stats. Also mind that I am healing Mythics with that staff so yeah, I did a few 2s and that was brutal, thankfully it was guildies that needed gear and I was the only hear available and cringed everytime we died. It could be a L2P thing but I am sure it is also a RNG Hates me thing more since my gear drops have been shit of gear that I already have and nothing that I need or I get Azurite rewards rather than gear....

I gave up on gearing and just decided to stick with playing alts because I do not have the patience to go through more Heroics or Reg Mythics ti run that gear treadmill. It sucks because my guild is in desperate need of healers.