Resto-Small raid healing

I am part of a small raiding group (sub 15 players) in heroic uldir. Is there a point (raid size wise) where stacking mastery would be better? I am finding that I need to put more than one hot on players, which effects not only autumn leaves, but the contribution to mastery.

Also, when I don't take the second rejuv talent and go for flourish, I find that I use a lot less mana, but output a lot less healing. Is this a consequence of running with a smaller group? Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on this? If it's something I'm potentially doing wrong I would like to know.

Thanks for any help your able to give.

Deleted
    My easy advice is go to my warcraft logs whitestrife on aszhara and try my style of healing. It could be not "the best" style of healing hps wise. But its very easy to learn:

Dont go under 15ppl with your guild. I played a few 10men trys and it was just a mess. Blizzard had failed more then ever before on tuning. Basic ruleset nowadays is just stack as much player as you can to soften the content. The less players are raiding the harder the content gets. Seriously, at 10 men it feels more like mythic raiding then heroic. So your question about mastery is relatively simple to answere. In raids dont let it be your best stat. In that case the azerite array-thing would bump it to much. Its a good secondary for raiding but it gets outshined in greater groups (which blizzard forces us to) by crit and haste. Crit has some what more effect on raw numbers atm then haste and haste is more about a feel-good thing.

My advice is: take gearscore first and adjust with Rings so that mastery is somewhat midrange. Take crit first and crit azerite traits where ever you can. The autumn leaves are blain shit for beginners and can even make it harder for you to perform well when you think about wildgrowth.

Try 2minute tranq and flourish with the addition of Prosperity + Soul of the Forest. When damage comes in immediately follow with Swiftmend into WG. WG is a smartheal and will always be extremely efficient. Use tranq on cd on aoe dmg, use the swiftmend+WG combo afterwards and then flourish the tranq hot + the overpowered smart WG. That should solve all your problems.

From that point onwards its all about dont cast to much Rejus but not to less Rejus (mana management) stacking crit as good as you can (always gearscore first except trinkets) and dont take autumn trap.
    Last edited by mmoc0f0bcefe31; 2018-10-04 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snar View Post
    autumn leaves
    Consider Rampant Growth in conjunction with Abundance. Rampant Growth is flying under the radar a bit because everyone seems to rate it based on the ability to transfer hots to your Lifebloom target, without paying attention to the healing increase - The extra healing added to the Regrowth hot is more than is added to Rejuve by Autumn Leaves. You get around 300 extra health per tick per trait and the Regrowth hot also ticks faster than Rejuve.

Obviously you won't replace Rejuve with Regrowth but when using Abundance you can throw out a large number of efficient Regrowths across the raid in the same way you would blanket Rejuve. Get 3-4 stacks of Abundance then start using Regrowth on injured people. The great advantage of this over Autumn Leaves is that instead of hindering your Mastery the Rampant Growth bonus is actually boosted by mastery. I feel like this is one of your best options for small raid groups because it lets you drop Regrowth on top of Rejuve on random raid members and gain significant extra healing instead of losing out on your trait.

Abundance + Rampant Growth also works very well with Flourish + Blossoms. The extended duration on Flourished Rejuves means you'll keep high Abundance stacks for longer and can start going nuts with Regrowth across the raid just like you took Germination, except using Regrowth in place of the 2nd Rejuve.

Thanks for your reply, I'm trying this out tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply, I'm going to make sure I try this out. This method does seem like it could help bring mastery back into the raiding equation.

Deleted
    I'm going to make sure I try this out.
    Well here's some more advice then. You won't have the mana to keep up a large number of Rejuves across the whole raid and then Regrowth stuff constantly for an entire long fight. However if you start staggering your casts to slow down how much mana you're spending then you'll get minimal benefit from mastery or Abundance.

Instead of slowly staggering casts, recognise when the raid doesn't need immediate attention and simply wait. As you start to take raid wide damage that isn't urgent you can just use WGs on cooldown for 15s or so to get your most efficient healing out, keep the tank up, then once there's some damage on the table you can burn a lot of mana at once. Using several Rejuves then Regrowths back to back means you'll have Abundance up, you'll be getting mastery benefits and you can line things up with cooldowns. This is more efficient than a steady flow of Rejuve casts.

Mastery just becomes more powerful the smaller your group is. Think about it... When you're playing solo, you can easily and quickly out every hot on yourself. If you're in a 40 man group and everyone gets hit by something, you could use every GCD and never have two hots on the same person. It's a gradient. Mastery loses its value the larger your group is. Get the healer weight add-on to see.

If you're having mana problems, try to only heal a lot when you have cool downs available. These all make your healing extra efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by TeoH View Post
    Well here's some more advice then. You won't have the mana to keep up a large number of Rejuves across the whole raid and then Regrowth stuff constantly for an entire long fight. However if you start staggering your casts to slow down how much mana you're spending then you'll get minimal benefit from mastery or Abundance.
    This is a missconception in both raid and 5 man healing. You dont need a vast amount of rejuvs across a whole group or raid for abundance to be an efficient talent. Pure mana expenditure(quite apart from throughput) regrowth is break even around 4 rejuvs, anything beyond that is mastery and throughput efficiency.

Deleted
    I am part of a small raiding group (sub 15 players) in heroic uldir. Is there a point (raid size wise) where stacking mastery would be better? I am finding that I need to put more than one hot on players, which effects not only autumn leaves, but the contribution to mastery.

Also, when I don't take the second rejuv talent and go for flourish, I find that I use a lot less mana, but output a lot less healing. Is this a consequence of running with a smaller group? Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on this? If it's something I'm potentially doing wrong I would like to know.

Thanks for any help your able to give.
    As a Druid you're gonna do LOADS of overhealing, I can't speak for whatever happens with your guild and yourself in particular in heroic, but most - 'laid back - going from heroic to mythic, 7/8 guilds' - are overhealing most fights. Plus most of you guys arent using healing cd's, and if you're a Druid you're always gonna 'lose' out to a better, straight forward healing class.

At the end of the day, it kind of depends how many healers you bring for your progress and how you guys use cd's during HEROIC progress. As a Druid, always accept that if you play with good healers you're gonna overheal. But let me know if you want tips for any fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    This is a missconception in both raid and 5 man healing. You dont need a vast amount of rejuvs across a whole group or raid for abundance to be an efficient talent
    I said in the post immediately above to get 3-4 stacks of Abundance. The point was getting 3-4 Rejuves up then casting 3-4 Regrowths then putting Rejuves back up etc isn't sustainable for a long fight. Since constantly casting isn't sustainable I'm trying to explain that it's more efficient to use Rejuve/Regrowth in bursts or when lined up with cooldowns because Abundance and Mastery make these casts more efficient when you cast several at once. You have to resist the urge to press Rejuve on every single person that takes damage.