Why i see so few monks in RBG?

Hello. Im currently playing RBGs as a MW healer. Sometimes i feel like doing some damage and tryed to join some groups. My CR is almost 1900 and as a healer i can get into any group at no time. Sadly, as DPS no one wanna take me. I spent hours trying to make my way into some group with no luck.

WW sucks so bad? I mean, i cant even dream to join a decent RBG team as dps?

:/
    Last edited by HotJoint; 2018-10-05 at 06:46 AM.
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

A friendly advice - qualifications might be enough for some, but it's quite natural that you often have to work for your spot, regardless of whether it's RBG or life.
    Anyone who played vanilla outside warriors, priests, warlocks and rogues had to deal with this kind of issues on a way higher level. You'll just have to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    A friendly advice - qualifications might be enough for some, but it's quite natural that you often have to work for your spot, regardless of whether it's RBG or life.
    Anyone who played vanilla outside warriors, priests, warlocks and rogues had to deal with this kind of issues on a way higher level. You'll just have to work for it.
    Is hard to work my spot with non stable groups, im joining them through the LFG thing. As a healer i have tons of invites of groups with CRs 2000+. AS DPS not a single one. The same happens with certain classes in LFG system. I think is not a personal issue.
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

WW brings virtually nothing to a RBG team. Outside of cds our damage is pathetic, and our cds are very easy to defend against. You're better off playing an entirely different class if you want to dps in RBGs.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    Is hard to work my spot with non stable groups, im joining them through the LFG thing. As a healer i have tons of invites of groups with CRs 2000+. AS DPS not a single one. The same happens with certain classes in LFG system. I think is not a personal issue.
    It's not really a personal issue, there will always be some classes that aren't meta so people tend to steer away from them. It sucks but its always been this way.

It's more than just a meta issue; people are generally willing to experiment unless there is a real existing stigma. There are real performance problems with WW and BrM. Survivability is definitely an issue and funnily enough mobility is as well thanks to certain mechanics breaking roll and FSK effectiveness. Even the transcendence nerf is very significant. You could frustrate an enemy team in WSG holding their flag waiting to cap by porting frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    I don't PvP, but the scene is similar in PvE. People making the M+ groups are usually the ones being carried, so they compensate for their own lack of confidence (and probably skill as well) by making crazy demands on who can join.

There are groups that are selling M10 boosts as a 4 man group, they have to be absolutely confident they can 4-man it in time, they are not counting on the 5th at all. Now that's confidence.

You might argue PvP is more hectic and "harder" because your opponents are human, but there are no one-shot mechanics in PvP, unlike in a M10, so yeah.

This will never change, because it's human nature. There will always be classes or specs that are "considered" worse, even if the difference is minute. I mean, what, in a 10-man group one person is 10 or 20% of total damage or 30-40% of healing. If that person varies in effectiveness by 10 or 20% that's 1-4% overall raid-wide effectiveness. If the group relies on such slim advantages to win, something's wrong in the first place. Either that, or we are talking super top-tier pvp groups with matching opponents.
    Last edited by Parhelion; 2018-10-08 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    The class lost quite a lot from Legion, we have lost stunlock capacities with fist of fury, we lost the big burst of Strike of the Windlord (the current replacement talent is a joke compared to that), too much damage is tied around karma. Damage distribution is terrible this expansion for so many specs,too much damage packed into single cooldowns or artifact traits, horrible. Survivability is very low too, its probably the squishiest melee spec of all.

10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 Monk specs are mediocre in RBGs right now. MWs which used to be OP in Legion got neautered by losing their mobility while healing and are easily locked down now. WWs do 1/3 the damage of DHs and are basically just a poor man's Rogue/DH right now.

If you see a Monk in an enemy's RBG team, you can tell they are playing for fun and not to actually be competitive...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Well from a statistics point of view, disc is the most present healer in RBGs by far (most present spec overall with assa rogue), but MW is second, a bit ahead of resto druids.. You find MW in top 3k+ team..so no?

Why bring any other healer when there are disc priests out there that are literally unkillable.