10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, it isn’t. By your ridiculous logic every place on Earth is part of my home. Keep being ridiculous though, it’s quite entertaining.
    Ever heard of the concept of a "Home planet" or "Home Country" or "Home State"

"I am going home." - am I talking specifically about my house, my hometown, my home state, etc ...

Seriously, the fact you object to me including a cave where Maul stores his belongings on his home planet as part of his home is beyond hilarious. Essentially, you are claiming home can only apply to the structure where a person physically lives their day to day life ... and that isn't in line with English.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, you didn’t use any of those terms until called out for being wrong. Which you still are. See, she already had the saber before he retreated from his “home planet”(not really accurate since he wasn’t born or raised there). Keep trying to be right instead of admitting you’ve been consistently wrong though.

And yes, you still clearly need some classes.

Last point before the troll goes back on ignore. If you are referring to a planet in this case you’d say he abandoned the saber ON on his home. Which would still be inaccurate as she took possession before he hit space.
    Do you ever get tired of being wrong? I really want to know.

I said Sabine took it from Maul's home where he left it. Maul doesn't need to retreat from his home to leave something in his home.

You assumed this means that it was after Maul retreated, that is NOT part of my statement that is YOUR ASSUMPTION.

He left it in a cave part of his home complex, I am referring to the cave as part of his home where he left the saber IN. So, he left the saber in his home is 100% correct English that you just don't like.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-12-18 at 06:02 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am curious, is Din's story done, with the Mandalorian moving on to this 'Book of Boba Fett' thing, or is it a spinoff into an entirely new series?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So I am curious, is Din's story done, with the Mandalorian moving on to this 'Book of Boba Fett' thing, or is it a spinoff into an entirely new series?
    I think it's season 3. His story is not done with considering he holds the dark saber, and likely will reunite with babby yoyo
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    All I expect is that you are consistent if you say for a fact something happened.

In this case, all we know is Ezra saved Ashoka from dying using time travel. Canon does not state for a fact "Ashoka never died." at the end of Season 2. That is someone interpretation of the canon.
    Usually cannon doesn't say "someone has died". When Vader slumped over a voice didn't come over the music and say "Vader has now died in cannon". So its almost interpolation of cannon by people. I mean we all thought the Emperor was done. Then in legends he came back. Then legends became legends. Then he came back again. Because "the dark side". But was it wrong for someone in 1984 to say the Emperor was dead and gone? Was it only an interpretation? No one came over the speaker and confirmed the death?

My point is that it's movie/TV fiction. Things get reconned all the time. People see things differently. Those things can be cannon. Then not. Then cannon again. No reason to fight over it to hard. This franchise has proven that even if your right about cannon now and wrong about it later. They change it a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no he didn’t. He abandoned it on Dathomir in the cave. Good luck with your crusade to be the only person on Earth who understands Star Wars!
    He left it in a cave that is part of his home. You are literally whining about a pedantic issue here because you want to troll.

You are asserting the cave cannot be considered his home why? Because it is a cave? That doesn't follow.

And just because you doubt he live there, he DID store things there that were important to him and memories of his pass success. There is literally nothing wrong with calling it his home. Nothing, you have nothing. You lose sir good day.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless he permanently lives in that cave... yeah, you need some classes.

“My storage unit is part of my home!” Said only Darththeo ever.
    if it is on my home property.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/home

2. the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

4. any place of residence or refuge:

9. a principal base of operations or activities:

Any of these can apply to my statement. JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY ONLY ONE DEFINITION WORKS DOES NOT MEAN I AM WRONG.

Apparently you don't understand that words have multiple definitions. Your entire argument is you did not like that I referred to the cave as Maul's home because you can't stand to think for more than 2 seconds on a subject before making up your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    My point is that it's movie/TV fiction. Things get reconned all the time. People see things differently. Those things can be cannon. Then not. Then cannon again. No reason to fight over it to hard. This franchise has proven that even if your right about cannon now and wrong about it later. They change it a lot.
    The issue here is one side is refusing to admit their stance "Ashoka never dies" isn't any more canon than "Ashoka dies."

We don't know what caused the loop. We don't know it was always there. Just because you like your assumptions more doesn't mean the other person is using head canon and you are not.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-12-18 at 07:14 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

If you want to discuss star wars canon, even regarding how it affects this show for 10+ pages please make a new thread on the topic. Then this one can focus primarily on the show itself and not outside factors that may or may not be affecting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Yeah wasn't expecting luke but knew it was as soon as it was a solo x wing
    For me it was when I realized he had a gloved hand. When the x wing showed up and grogu's ears perked up, I wasn't sure if Ahsoka was coming back, or Ezra, or Luke. Discarded Ahsoka when it was clearly a male, then I saw the gloved hand and light saber and it was clear for me. I kinda was hoping they'd use Sebastian Stan for playing Luke, but understandably if it's a brief scene the CGI de aging worked well enough. Loved the episode. I guess next season will deal with the Mandalorians and the Dark Saber situation.

So...that episode was a thing. Out of all the Jedi they could have picked, I ended up as the last one I suspected. Bye, Grogu. We love you. Kind of cute the series mascot got to meet another, and they did a really good job on young Luke. I don't even know if that was makeup, CGi, or a lookalike. Also fitting he gets a badass hallway scene just like his dad, more heroic and less visceral.
    It was Mark Hamil himself. They de-aged him. It still looked stiff and weird on 4k resolution, but leagues better than 'Leia' and 'Tarkin' in Rogue One. I think they also adjusted his voice, I know Mark's a talented VA, but his first lines sound a little... metal-y.

Mandalorian will get a 3rd season (at least.) It will have a culminating storyline together with Ahsoka, Book of Boba and Rangers of the New Republic. Kind of like an MCU with Series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It was Mark Hamil himself. They de-aged him. It still looked stiff and weird on 4k resolution, but leagues better than 'Leia' and 'Tarkin' in Rogue One. I think they also adjusted his voice, I know Mark's a talented VA, but his first lines sound a little... metal-y.

Mandalorian will get a 3rd season (at least.) It will have a culminating storyline together with Ahsoka, Book of Boba and Rangers of the New Republic. Kind of like an MCU with Series.
    I think Mark only provided the voice.

In the Credits we have "Double for Jedi" as Max Lloyd Jones. And stunt double of Jedi is Matt Rugetti.

It still possible that they had Mark in some scenes, but we have two other actors credited as "Doubles" of some nature.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-12-18 at 08:39 PM.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You really need to learn when you are are wrong.

Sabine originally obtains the Darksaber from Maul ... that is a fact.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darksaber

Sabine was controlled and used the Saber against Ezra ... Ezra beat her. Sabine then takes the saber and trains with it HAVING NEVER WON IT IN BATTLE.
    Ursa claims Sabine has no claim to the weapon because it was not taken from Maul.
    Ursa uses the Dark Saber to convince Saxon in attempt to spare Sabine. Saxon takes the Darksaber after NEVER WON IT IN BATTLE.
    Sabine then wins it back in the fight, but she never WON IT in the first place and by their rules, it still would belong to Maul.
    Sabine later gives the saber to Bo Katan and Bo Katan does not beat Sabine in a duel for it.

You really need to stop being wrong or just go back to ignoring me.
    A theory floating around.

The thing is, everything went to shit for Mandalore after that.

Bo obviously failed as a leader. Maybe it is because critics said she didn't "earn" the Dark Saber. Maybe the Empire sewed seeds of discontent, maybe its self doubt, maybe Gideon beat her at some point leading to the fall of Mandalore. Either way she feels like this time she must 'earn it' because things didn't go so hot when it was given to her.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    A theory floating around.

The thing is, everything went to shit for Mandalore after that.

Bo obviously failed as a leader. Maybe it is because critics said she didn't "earn" the Dark Saber. Maybe the Empire sewed seeds of discontent, maybe its self doubt, maybe Gideon beat her at some point leading to the fall of Mandalore. Either way she feels like this time she must 'earn it' because things didn't go so hot when it was given to her.
    There are a lot of possible explanations to why, but a moderator has asked us not to discuss these subjects here.

There are lots of theories, but until it is explained it is an inconsistency in the plot. Why could she accept it before, but not now? Why does yielding not count? Hopefully, in Season 3 we get more answers and maybe the lore of the Darksaber gets fleshed out.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I hope season 3 won't be game of thrones in space, 7 kingdoms, Mandalorian houses feuding over throne.

I don't understand who has Mandalore atm, a big imperial garrison to deny return of Mandolorian power? Another moff? Can't be Thrawn, he's too much of a collector of culturally important stuff as we saw in sw rebels, he would never have let Gideon take the dark saber..
    I've been waiting for a highly political arc in SW. One of the good things about the prequel ers was the machinations of Palpatine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Is it just me but any action scene with stormtroopers are so pointless at this point. I dont feel anything anymore around it because they never kill anybody even 100-1000 troopers will do no damage.

For the rest i enjoyed season two, but without any losses the threat is not there and makes all the action at this point boring for me.
    So if i have to give the Star Wars creators a tip, give stormtroopers some kills and give them some meaning because when you know alrdy the outcome before a fight starts you might just aswell skip it all together.
    Yeah it's something that barely worked in the cartoon but looks absolutely silly in a live action show. Then you have Burr who is a ex-trooper but a sharpshooter as well...

Off-topic

Schrödinger's Ashoka

- - - Updated - - -

Din is The Mandalore now. It would be real easy to set him on a quest to reunite the scattered Mandalorians.

all of star wars is just the same character doing the same stuff ad nauseum

boring

Was great, now please put Boba on a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Jesus christ guy..........

It doesn't matter what she did in the past when her current action, defeating gar saxon gave her the claim n having become worthy, maul's claim is gone. Also he is not a LEADER, but a shady CRIMINAL which is why almost nobody would follow.

Bo katan rejected maul with good reason, Mandalorians are not Hutts fer chrissakes..
    In all honestly, Sidious should have claim to the Darksaber since he defeated Maul in "combat", in which Maul used the darksaber.

So really, the blade belongs to the senate!

Loved the episode.

Only thing I'd say about it is I wish they made Moff Gideon be a show-more speak-less type of character.

I mean, you've got Gus Fring, you've got a whole Spaghetti Western in Space thing going on, and his character's peppered with needless exposition which could have been delivered with much more tension and subtlety. I have few issues with how this season went on otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    In all honestly, Sidious should have claim to the Darksaber since he defeated Maul in "combat", in which Maul used the darksaber.

So really, the blade belongs to the senate!
    No, see Obi-wan beat Pre Vizsla to the point where Vizsla had to call in cronies to cause Obi-wan to retreat dishonorable combat means he lost. Maul knows this and is just trying to give it to Obi-wan ... but Obi-wan just can't understand it.

*Note: I am not serious about this, I am just pointing out it is silly to introduce something where the rightful owner is determined by combat where that wasn't fully explained from the start. It calls into question all prior events with said item. I fully expect it to be explained why Bo Katan is now refusing to take the Darksaber and honestly, I can see them bringing Sabine for that story line some how.*
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    [IG]https://i.redd.it/dmk7vuyitw561.png[/IMG]

[IM]https://i.redd.it/xq7nkwj3tw561.jpg[/IMG]
    Yeah that hallway scene was very intentional.