Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    More prep time before shooting. But he can still emote with his face just fine, and has a much more dialogue-heavy part, whereas Pascal has to carry off the same emotive component essentially through body language alone.

Bettany's a fantastic actor and I'm sure he could give it a really good shot, but you're comparing two entirely different things, here.
    I’m only comparing the amount of time spent in production. Bettanys part is the longer of the two. He takes more prep time and it’s less easy to pass some of the on screen time to body doubles.

Ofcourse you stunning and brave twitter simps would like her getting fired, you didnt get outraged when pedro did the same thing 3 years ago cause you agree with him.

Discussing forbidden topics is against the rules. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-02-13 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I think he's probably said something along the lines of "Man, it's tough working through a helmet" and people have taken that to mean he was unhappy. But every actor in his situation has those kinds of comments. It is tough working through a helmet or mask. And it's probably unpleasant to be wearing all the time. But I also think he enjoys the challenge.

As far as recognition goes...he's gotten more recognition simply because he is doing such a good job performing in a role where the audience hardly sees his face.

And yeah, his stunt double can do a lot of the heavy action scenes without them having to do tricky camera angles to hide the fact that it's a stunt man in the scene...but that happens in any role where the actor is in a costume that conceals or obscures their face.
    Pop culture media does not believe in nuance, figure of speech, and bad days.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Pop culture media does not believe in nuance, figure of speech, and bad days.
    Pop Culture media understands all of those things...but they also understand that subtlety doesn't generate revenue.

Generally, after you read the article, you'll find that the content does not match up with the sensationalistic headline. The problem is too many people only read the headline.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how they will kill the character now in the show. Maybe a ship crash?

One thing is for sure is they will have to delay a show a bit if they have to re-capture some of the new scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

One thing is for sure is they will have to delay a show a bit if they have to re-capture some of the new scenes.
    Does it even matter if they kill off the character? She wasn't exactly pivotal to any part of the show. Could be something as simple as a single line by Carl Weathers' character...assuming he even has a role in the story going forward. For all we know, Mando could just head off to some other part of the galaxy to distract himself from having to let the child go (and/or to extricate himself from the political nonsense of Bo-Katan), and never see any of the people from the first two seasons again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Or, and hear me out here, the next season focuses on the Mandalorian political nonsense, as you put it. No need for people like Cara Dune when it’s all about Mandalore.
    That's entirely possible too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Does it even matter if they kill off the character? She wasn't exactly pivotal to any part of the show. Could be something as simple as a single line by Carl Weathers' character...assuming he even has a role in the story going forward. For all we know, Mando could just head off to some other part of the galaxy to distract himself from having to let the child go (and/or to extricate himself from the political nonsense of Bo-Katan), and never see any of the people from the first two seasons again.
    The problem with Disney is that love to re-use the characters.

10+ Year Old Account

They haven't hadn't started shooting yet. Shooting the show actually doesn't take that long. Most of its done in one location on a single stage(craft).

They left all the characters in a good spot in the last season. They don't even have to kill the character, just fade it into the background.

The next arc looks like it's Mandalorian (the people) centric anyway.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-02-13 at 09:51 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It's Star Wars. They aren't exactly short on characters that they can re-use.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    The show is only reusing characters because of the budget. Disney just as easily throws away characters as well. Look at Captain Phasma. Of course they could always bring them back since no even pre-disney dead characters could always be given a resurrection somehow. The only thing this specific character impacts is the spin off series Rangers of the Republic but since it wasn't out of concept stage it is easy to replace.

But that show might not happen due to the baggage now. I'd love to see Frankie Adams (she plays Bobby Draper on The Expanse) come on to the Mandalorian since The Expanse is ending with next season. Not sure if she could carry her own show but she would be good enough for a military side kick.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Uh oh, looks like somebody didn't know that equating anything less than MILLIONS BEING MURDERED to the Holocaust is in poor taste.
    I'm a thread killer.

I think he's probably said something along the lines of "Man, it's tough working through a helmet" and people have taken that to mean he was unhappy. But every actor in his situation has those kinds of comments. It is tough working through a helmet or mask. And it's probably unpleasant to be wearing all the time. But I also think he enjoys the challenge.

As far as recognition goes...he's gotten more recognition simply because he is doing such a good job performing in a role where the audience hardly sees his face.

And yeah, his stunt double can do a lot of the heavy action scenes without them having to do tricky camera angles to hide the fact that it's a stunt man in the scene...but that happens in any role where the actor is in a costume that conceals or obscures their face.
    Hell in the original Star Wars movie Mark Hamill said the infamous line about not being able to see and it was kept in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Hell in the original Star Wars movie Mark Hamill said the infamous line about not being able to see and it was kept in the movie
    There was another character in that series. I can hardly remember him because he spent the whole trilogy wearing a helmet.

I think his name was like Garth Tader or something like that :P

There was another character in that series. I can hardly remember him because he spent the whole trilogy wearing a helmet.

I think his name was like Garth Tader or something like that :P
    Not the best example for this argument, seeing as everyone knows the voice of Vader, but very few (relatively) know the actor who played the man in the suit and helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Not the best example for this argument, seeing as everyone knows the voice of Vader, but very few (relatively) know the actor who played the man in the suit and helmet.
    True, But Pedro does both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobert View Post
    No, Rogue One was supposed to be dark and gritty but Disney paniced and forced them to make it more profitable I mean... light hearted.
    Rogue One is light hearted?

The #1 complaint I hear from Rogue One haters is the good guys died.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything happens with Cara Dune, its likely she'll either be killed off screen, or she will be promoted or sent somewhere else that will no longer be relevant to the series.

For instance, its likely she could be 'promoted' for apprehending Moff Gideon, whom the Republic likely has been hunting for quite some time. Bagging a high profile Imperial officer, one who was also ISB to boot, would likely see Dune brought to a position of high standing on one of the core worlds, thus removing her from play.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    If anything happens with Cara Dune, its likely she'll either be killed off screen, or she will be promoted or sent somewhere else that will no longer be relevant to the series.

For instance, its likely she could be 'promoted' for apprehending Moff Gideon, whom the Republic likely has been hunting for quite some time. Bagging a high profile Imperial officer, one who was also ISB to boot, would likely see Dune brought to a position of high standing on one of the core worlds, thus removing her from play.
    That doesnt make any sense.

"Oh you know that wrestler chick that used to suplex aliens with laser guns, she got promoted so now shes too busy for us rag tag bandits"

More likely they recast her with another wrestler. Maybe dave bautista? I hear him and Disney are getting along better now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    That doesnt make any sense. "Oh you know that wrestler chick that used to suplex aliens with laser guns, she got promoted so now shes too busy for us rag tag bandits" More likely they recast her with another wrestler. Maybe dave bautista? I hear him and Disney are getting along better now.
    We already saw her get promoted once on the show. Why would it now be something that doesn't make sense? Her new duties could easily take her to a different part of the galaxy/space/whatever. She only came into the story again when her promotion directly tied into the story.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."