The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Darth Vader was way cooler then kylo, check mate!
    You mean the guy who lost to a Gary Stu that had minimal training, even though he was suppose to be the strongest force user ever?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The originals get the "it's a classic" bonus. They're 40+ years old. Most of their fans hadn't even been born when they were made. Can't really critique their quality based on contemporary sensibilities.

But you CAN do that for films made in the past decade.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You mean the guy who lost to a Gary Stu that had minimal training, even though he was suppose to be the strongest force user ever?
    Shhhhh those parts don’t matter, look at him listen to his voice, pure awesome.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Ah yes the person hand picked by Lucas with a massive filmography is just a woke token only being kept on to keep SJW’s happy, it has nothing to do with her long history of successful work but even if it did she doesn’t have any real power any more so it wouldn’t matter!

Sure you don’t want to add in a few more buzz words? they really help the believability.
    It is amazing to me that people don't seem to understand that George Lucas picked Kennedy. Everyone seems to think Disney hired her, no, Disney just keeps her around. She was working with Lucasfilm long before Disney bought it and her position was pretty much set months before Lucas sold it.

Also, Kennedy position isn't really a creative position so people asking what she does creatively isn't it. She runs the business, the only part she will deal with is the Macro story across all sources.

The oddest complain was prior to Solo release a group of people were saying she made the leads Brunette British women because she was a Brunette British Woman ... despite you know not being British at all and being born and raised in California.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you know that a year plus a couple of weeks to months is all you need to be a Jedi?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is amazing to me that people don't seem to understand that George Lucas picked Kennedy. Everyone seems to think Disney hired her, no, Disney just keeps her around. She was working with Lucasfilm long before Disney bought it and her position was pretty much set months before Lucas sold it.

Also, Kennedy position isn't really a creative position so people asking what she does creatively isn't it. She runs the business, the only part she will deal with is the Macro story across all sources.

The oddest complain was prior to Solo release a group of people were saying she made the leads Brunette British women because she was a Brunette British Woman ... despite you know not being British at all and being born and raised in California.
    I’d be willing to bet that for most people who hate her it’s solely because of the force is female Nike Promo (had nothing to do with starwars) and them putting her up as a figurehead for there culture war after it.

The facts of what she does or that she was worked with/was picked by Lucas doesn’t matter as they don’t actually check the facts they just follow any rumours they can find that put her in a bad light and dismiss any thing that puts her in a good one because if they can say she’s failing that must mean they are winning there little war.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-12-06 at 06:15 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you ever watch the originals? Cause those aren't much better if not worse.
    im not saying the originals were masterpieces, they had a lot of problems like a shit dialogue, but for the time they were released it was far better than the sequel, hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    im not saying the originals were masterpieces, they had a lot of problems like a shit dialogue, but for the time they were released it was far better than the sequel, hands down.
    Disagree hands down. If it were to be released today Leia would be decried as woke.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I’d be willing to bet that for most people who hate her it’s solely because of the force is female Nike Promo (had nothing to do with starwars) and them putting her up as a figurehead for there culture war after it.

The facts of what she does or that she was worked with/was picked by Lucas doesn’t matter as they don’t actually check the facts they just follow any rumours they can find that put her in a bad light and dismiss any thing that puts her in a good one because if they can say she’s failing that must mean they are winning there little war.
    Honestly, with the films she has worked on, I am 90% certain that she worked on films her haters love.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The final one was awful, I'll grant you that. I think it's a direct result of backlash to ep8, and caving and catering to the fanbase. The fanbase flipped out so hard at the idea of Luke growing (even if that growth was negative for a time) from badass Jedi warrior, that the third film just went on 'member berries and nostalgia and fake outs, like Chewie pretend-dying. Palpatine should have never been brought back, but I feel like he was, solely because of the fanbase backlash.
    don't know about catering to the fanbase, cause i didn't find many fans who like the sequels, especially second and third movie.

They did try to use old shenanigans to bring up nostalgia thats for sure, but they just kick the bucket rly hard, like burying Anakin lightsaber, like it was supposed to be something touching, but they completely forgot that is the place he hate the most and she basically robing his name because "skywalker YEAH!"

I thought ep8 introduced a bunch of interesting ideas.
    Having a interesting idea is good, but not working on that, or ruining the interesting ideas is what bothers me more, i was burn out of the skywalkers, i want something new, and rly a nobody becoming a jedi is what appealed to me, but they just made her absurd and throw Fin(it was his name right?) under the rug, and to me, him becoming a jedi, some lowlife who worked as a shit stormtrooper going jedi would be amazing.

Unfortunately for you, the sequels aren't going to be retconned. The Mandalorian has already tied itself two ways to the sequels
    Nothing rly tied things super close, is everything lose that can start a new with a new plotline starting from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, with the films she has worked on, I am 90% certain that she worked on films her haters love.
    I'm not a hater but,

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005086/

I lost count of the movies she has worked on that I enjoyed.

I think the better qustion is what is better?

Cause it isn't the acting.
    it isn't the cgi.
    it isn't the story.

Sooooo.....
    Story was much better. The Original Trilogy was a space fairy tale. The Disney Trilogy is set in an already established universe and poorly copies the originals like a ripoff film would. The Emperor being the ruler of some evil galactic empire could and did make sense. The Galactic government removing its military while millions of kids are being kidnapped and letting the First Order run around and pick up literally the day the Empire was "destroyed" doesn't make sense at all.

The Effects were way better for its time than the Disney Trilogy. Disney even had to get a rando to do better deepfakes for them. Not saying the Disney Effects are bad they just aren't better than other films coming out at the same time.

Acting is subjective and can change due to poor writing or direction. Was John Boyega's acting bad when he instantly is ok with killing troopers he knew where also kidnapped like himself? Or was it poor directing and story telling?

Without a doubt I wouldn’t buy any one could look at her filmography and say they haven’t enjoyed atleast 1, though they would likely say it was good despite her.
    TBH the only absolutely stupid thing I know she has done was basically letting JJ and Rian do what the fuck they wanted with no real plan. I guess if she was the one that got JJ hired then that would be the second stupid thing.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-12-06 at 06:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt I wouldn’t buy any one could look at her filmography and say they haven’t enjoyed atleast 1, though they would likely say it was good despite her.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes the person hand picked by Lucas with a massive filmography is just a woke token only being kept on to keep SJW’s happy, it has nothing to do with her long history of successful work but even if it did she doesn’t have any real power any more so it wouldn’t matter!

Sure you don’t want to add in a few more buzz words? they really help the believability.
    it's not about "buzz words" it's about stating what is, and as for lucas the guy who gave us jar jar binks, clearly his choices are flawed lots of times.

Don't you know that a year plus a couple of weeks to months is all you need to be a Jedi?
    As compared to Rey who had a couple of weeks...

5+ Year Old Account
    are u seriously going to give her credit instead of people like steven spielberg? Lulz, you might as well give credit to whomever provided everyone coffee at those movie shoots

How much of that work was done under Spielberg?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Having a interesting idea is good, but not working on that, or ruining the interesting ideas is what bothers me more, i was burn out of the skywalkers, i want something new, and rly a nobody becoming a jedi is what appealed to me, but they just made her absurd and throw Fin(it was his name right?) under the rug, and to me, him becoming a jedi, some lowlife who worked as a shit stormtrooper going jedi would be amazing.
    Those all happened in the third movie. In the second movie, Rey was indeed a nobody. In fact, the last scene with the stable boy using a Force pull on a broom emphasized that the Force could be with anyone, not just random bloodlines, and it could be *powerful* in anybody as shown in a nobody like Rey.

As for Rey's powerlevels, I thought the 2nd movie did well to show how dangerous the ridiculousness of the first movie was. The first movie amped up her powerlevels real quick, and the second movie showed that such recklessness could lead to disaster. Rey is immature and has a shallow understanding of the Force that means nothing. They then set it up for the third movie for her to learn from the books she stashed on the Falcon to find a way to control her power....but the third movie, again, failed to deliver on that.

Finn wasn't thrown under the bus at all, imo, until again the third movie. He was a coward in the first movie, and by the end of the second he had progressed to someone willing to lay his life down for the Rebellion.

To me, the 2nd movie set up a good idea: Kylo is irredeemable, Rey's insistence on trying to save him while having such a shallow view of the Force would lead to her falling to the Dark Side, and it would be up to "normal" folk like Finn and Poe to stop both of them - perhaps by the Force flowing through them sort of like Donnie Yen in Rogue One, without them truly being Jedi. Showing that the Force isn't exclusive to Jedi/Sith dichotomies.

And none of it happened, imo, because they wanted the third movie to be a nostalgia-grab to placate the outcry from the toxic part of the fanbase's reaction to the second movie. I've modded this subforum for years at this point, and I pretty clearly remember that the folks who hated ep8 seemed to conclude that ep9, while not good, was (somehow) better than ep8. Which is nonsense, ep9 is an awful movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    are u seriously going to give her credit instead of people like steven spielberg? Lulz, you might as well give credit to whomever provided everyone coffee at those movie shoots
    Weird, it's almost like producers don't have the creative influence you'd like to ascribe to her for her producing the sequel trilogies.

7+ Year Old Account
    it's not about "buzz words" it's about stating what is, and as for lucas the guy who gave us jar jar binks, clearly his choices are flawed lots of times.
    No it’s literally nothing but buzz words both the ideas that she got her role in some sort of token fashion or that they only keep her on to keep SJW’s happy are so far out there that they might as well be from mars.

5+ Year Old Account
    as producer she is gate keeper, that she ok'd the sequel trilogy n let johnson fuck it up is on her, she should have gotten better people to make movies

7+ Year Old Account
    Only a fool would go all or nothing with credit so of course I wouldn’t credit her instead of Spielberg.

No matter how you want to divvy up credit though the fact that she’s good at her job is on clear display with even a slight glance of the great films she’s contributed to.