10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is the third season. And it is only 2% behind Book of Boba Fett in terms of numbers at the same point. And while Din and Grogu are fan favorite characters, they aren't Boba Fett. And while it is significantly behind Kenobi ... well, that's Obi-wan and there aren't many characters that Star Wars fan love more than Obi-wan (it isn't a long list.)

There has also been a long gap between the 2nd and 3rd Season. I don't think Disney is reading too far into numbers as Andor is getting a Season 2 and it had lower engagement than any other Star Wars show. And Disney has even announced that post-Sequel movies are on the table and people have been avoiding it.

And of course you have the Fandom Menace who are upset over Gina's "termination" who yet think Favreau and Filoni are going to decanonize the sequels.
    None of the numbers are even official Disney numbers. Numbers are often over or under what a streaming service actually sees, and the general public doesn't find out until a show is abruptly canceled or renewed.

I don't know if you know of those sites that try to guess MMORPG populations based on the the views a game gets on Twitch, tweets, etc.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is the third season. And it is only 2% behind Book of Boba Fett in terms of numbers at the same point. And while Din and Grogu are fan favorite characters, they aren't Boba Fett. And while it is significantly behind Kenobi ... well, that's Obi-wan and there aren't many characters that Star Wars fan love more than Obi-wan (it isn't a long list.)
    Even if one is a fan, if you weren't already tracking it for yourself - Disney has released no commercial advertisement for the launch of this 3rd season. None that I've seen. And I watch a lot of youtube AND 'regular' network tv - so I watch a LOT of commercials =D. I've not seen a single one, at all, before the 3rd season or since, advertising this show. I know its not 'everything' about a show's popularity - but if people don't even know to tune in, what does the company expect?

There has also been a long gap between the 2nd and 3rd Season.
    I disagree this matters - or rather, with proper advertising, this wouldn't be a factor. 1 1/2 to 2 years is (now) a very common gap between seasons of shows on Streaming Channels. Netflix and Amazon had already established that 'norm' years ago, with several of their popular shows, and Apple and Disney have continued on. It is more the norm, in all of the shows I watch from a streaming company, that the seasons are (roughly) at least 1 1/2 years apart. I've been bitching about it since Mindhunter =D at least, and that was 2017.

And now unfortunately it bleeding into regular network programming. *grumbles about the 3 years between the last 2 seasons of Barry and the 2 year gaps between several seasons of Better Call Saul* =D

We all gotta get use to it.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2023-03-16 at 07:38 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Who else thinks Elia Kane is a Clone Trooper?

I can see the story with Pershing being a set up to have a Clone who still has Order 66 programming to be moved into the mix as a antagonist for Grogu.

I can also see the reason she did what she did to Pershing would be because she hates him for developing the cloning technology in the first place. What vengeance it would be to con him into the actions they took to get him into a mind affecting "treatment" to make him suffer having his mind messed with just as the clones minds were messed with.

Or, much like others believe which is a more direct path, she is still Giddeons lacky and doing shadow work for him.
    I think she is just typing up Gideon loose ends. Gideon could be independent or be part of a larger conspiracy, we don't know yet. It's already been established in canon/lore that the First Order had been spoiling the New Republic from within at this point on the timeline. The show adds the Imperial Remnants to the equation. So far we know know about Gideon and Thrawn, it can be assumed that they are aware of the First Order and part of the conspiracy but at the same time nothing has been confirmed. Could be separate contingencies or they could be working together.

Known knowns though:

Thrawn has an active group of Imperials somewhere in the galaxy.

There's a warlord who had enough firepower and manpower to attack Bo's castle. Since TIEs can't operate without a local base or carrier ship, this person has a decent amount of resources. They also had TIE Interceptors, a considerable step up from your standard TIEs.

Elia is covering for someone, be it Gideon, Thrawn, someone else.

Elia isn't the only one sleeper agent undermining the New Republic.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    What the flying fuck was this.

I was excited we finaly got a chunky episode, but it was all andor season 1.5 with the doctor, that ultimately end up in nothing, was this a setup for WHAT, what this have anything to do with the mandalorian story?

Don't get me wrong, the thing was not bad, per se(but it dragged waaay too much) its just felt out of place and a major bonner killer after a strong start, just felt that it does not belong here and kill the excitment.

The final bit with Bo-katan, visible shaking under the helmet after the acceptance of the others was top-tier, but the episode was just that.

I don't know how the hell 3 ships destroyed her castle, there was no one there, no guards, no defense, nothing, thats just a "??????" moment.
    Show has nothing to do with Andor, time or theme wise.

What i saw in this episode:

Bo Katan loses her homebase, but wins a position within Children of the Watch. She's also the only one who knows about the Mythosaur in Mandalore. The tension between Viszla, Katan and Djarin also shows a possible powerplay for leadership in the group.

We learn that former Imperial Forces still exist, in power, numbers and plots. Having fleets, reclaiming tech and recruiting people.

I foresee a new group of Mandalorians reclaiming Mandalore, with Bo Katan as leader. Antagonists are the Former Imperials, and there's a plot about cloning and reclaiming Grogu, in order for Pershing to continue his work.
    /spit@Blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I think she is just typing up Gideon loose ends.
    I'm sure this is just a way to have Moff Gideon back into the story and stop the genetic research from being shared with the New Republic. We saw a hint at what those experiments were and it is likely that the Imperials wouldn't want that to be given to the New Republic. I see no reason to suspect it would be some one other than Gideon as the Imperials have an implied double agent that has access to the mindflayer tech that is rumored to have been used on Gideon. I doubt Disney would throw the character away

Disney has stated there will likely be a "shared culmination" for the Mandoverse shows so it is possible they are setting up Thrawn but that seems like stealing the thunder from Ahsoka before it even premieres and Book had mixed reception when they set up Season 3 of The Mandalorian.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    What i saw in this episode:

Bo Katan loses her homebase, but wins a position within Children of the Watch. She's also the only one who knows about the Mythosaur in Mandalore. The tension between Viszla, Katan and Djarin also shows a possible powerplay for leadership in the group.

We learn that former Imperial Forces still exist, in power, numbers and plots. Having fleets, reclaiming tech and recruiting people.
    problem is, we lost an entire episode that should be about this, to follow a story of a sad doctor being set up to get catch by an "previously??? bad woman. like come on.

where is the space gunslinger show.

15+ Year Old Account
    problem is, we lost an entire episode that should be about this, to follow a story of a sad doctor being set up to get catch by an "previously??? bad woman. like come on.
    In another show's thread you claimed it was bad writing for things to not be explained. It is strange to now have you complain when a show is setting up a future story for characters and not just dropping them in.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    In another show's thread you claimed it was bad writing for things to not be explained. It is strange to now have you complain when a show is setting up a future story for characters and not just dropping them in.
    Thats because its the exact same thing

This does not look like it set up anything other than what we already would knew/guess, and it took WAY too long

10+ Year Old Account

How did we lose an episode when episode 3 was twice as long as most episodes? We would have gotten 10 more min of Din being in screen, tops.

I think people forgot this is the show where the intro, recap, and credits can be longer than episode content.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2023-03-16 at 10:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats because its the exact same thing This does not look like it set up anything other than what we already would knew/guess, and it took WAY too long
    You already knew Dr. Pershing would be tortured or set up for wanting to "help the republic any way he can"? You already knew a seemingly mundane communications officer on Moff Gideon's ship is now implied to be a double agent for the New Republic?

You guess all of that? Can you give me the winning lottery numbers as well?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How did we lose an episode when episode 3 was twice as long as most episodes?
    twice as long and we got half of mando that we used get. Its time lost.

I think people forgot this is the show where the intro, recap, and credits can be longer than episode content.
    and i think they forgot this was supposed to be a space gunslinger show. They are dragginf this down like they did with boba fett.

I really enjoyed that episode with the two nazis on the train.

Felt kinda Andor-ish. More serious, adult, and symbolic.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

There was a nice horse, err spacecraft, bandit hunt and shoot down for your tastes.

At the same time, they have to set up the big baddies and at this point, it's not someone in the vicinity of our gunslinger hero and his cult.

You just have to be patient. If this doc thing goes IG-11 way, trust me, i will join forces with you. But don't cry wolf yet.

- - - Updated - - -

This does not look like it set up anything other than what we already would knew/guess, and it took WAY too long
    We know Pershing was a reluctant Imperial collaborator, especially if it meant sacrificing Grogu.

Now we are shown he's being dragged back, for some reason yet to be disclosed and is being conned it's for the good of New Republic.

We also find out that Bo joins Din's clan after the destruction of her homebase (and the loss of her followers).

This is strongly hinting about reclaiming Mandalore against some Imperial forces at play. I am sure Darksaber will change hands at some point.

You need to give it time. This is not Boba Fett bad (yet). It's just far from the episodic "meet the monster/villain of the week" format and going to a more straightforward series arc.
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    There was a nice horse, err spacecraft, bandit hunt and shoot down for your tastes.
    Yes but not enough. if the time of the doctor and mando were swapped, that would make much more sense in a mandalorian show.

This imo, something that breaks mood, when a show have those two nucleos they usually divide in parts, like, a bit of doctor, then a bit of mando, then you go changing until you get their finales, so its not draggs out and you keep interest, this was like another show between an episode of mandalorian.

We know Pershing was a reluctant Imperial collaborator, especially if it meant sacrificing Grogu.

Now we are shown he's being dragged back, for some reason yet to be disclosed and is being conned it's for the good of New Republic.

We could have guessed that, but my point is that they could have told this bit half the time it took.

Like i said, the entire thing was not bad, was actually well written until the end, but the way they did was not good. Imagine waiting a week to get half a hour of the doctor??? no wonder why people are not engaging too much on this one.

You need to give it time. This is not Boba Fett bad (yet). It's just far from the episodic "meet the monster/villain of the week" format and going to a more straightforward series arc.
    Book of boba fett just like this, startedgood, but went straight downhill, so im skeptical to what "way" the show is going.

5+ Year Old Account

We also find out that Bo joins Din's clan after the destruction of her homebase (and the loss of her followers).

This is strongly hinting about reclaiming Mandalore against some Imperial forces at play. I am sure Darksaber will change hands at some point.

Netflix releasing style would be better then...

Some call this ep Andorish, but Percing is way too boring character n lesser quality actor to be compared to Andor methinks..

The imp communication officer is no andy serkis, stellan etc. She n Percing actor didn't have the skills to carry this episode, thank god for the kalevala pew pew pew..

I did like the rep fishie "this isn't the empire, son!"

Everything was perfect with battle of kalevala, mando ship even shot golden lazerz just like in clone wars n sw rebels shows
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-03-17 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Oh, so, you are a writer for the Mandalorian now?

And don't pretend you wouldn't have complained if these events happened off screen.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so, you are a writer for the Mandalorian now?

And don't pretend you wouldn't have complained if these events happened off screen.
    Surprised you take this long to add absolutely nothing to the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're building up to Thrawn with so much of this episode, the full squadron of TlEs, the sleeper agent in Coruscant, Gideon reportedly busted from incarceration while being transported.

This episode laid so many breadcrumbs that'll pay off over the series.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    They're building up to Thrawn with so much of this episode, the full squadron of TlEs, the sleeper agent in Coruscant, Gideon reportedly busted from incarceration while being transported.

This episode laid so many breadcrumbs that'll pay off over the series.
    Thrawn and his armada and Ezra were hyperspaced somewhere far, along with the purrgil.

Since Ahsoka will have Sabine and both will search for Ezra, i can't see him appearing here.

Guess we'll find out.
    /spit@Blizzard

I'm thinking that the imperial girl that plays quantum xena in Antman is flying cover for some behind the schenanigans for Moff Gideon. I'm also thinking Din Djarin and co are gonna rescue Pershing and he's gonna help them resurrect the mythosaurs. Also, felt like Coruscant was a kind of "Space Capitol" in the New Republic's "Space Panem."
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2023-03-19 at 08:12 AM.