RIP Bo-Katan Kryze, the liberation of Mandalore was uhh.. short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why not? It was a light side and dark side user fighting as the only ones left.
    Not by the hand of Anakin, of whom the prophecy was repeatedly stated to be about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You're dramatically underestimating how big the universe is. Nevermind that most of this stuff is taking place in the outer rim, the far edge of colonized space.
    No I'm not. (Nevermind that it's not the Universe, just 'a' galaxy.) You know, that same galaxy that didn't even blink an eye in confusion when Obi Wan pulled out his lightsaber and slashed a dude's arm off in a pub in that same Outer Rim.

Or that we're talking about at least one character who was from fucking Alderaan. And in the Republic. Which knew alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll about the Jedi, seeing as they worked hand in hand with them for -- again, tens of thousands of years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Dude, I'm not sure if you're aware of that, but there are tons of people who probably think the Romans are a myth, or that Assassins Creed invented the ancient greeks.
    Yet, "dude," they've fucking at least heard of them. And they were 1.) only around for a handful of centuries and 2.) have been GONE for nearly two millenia. Not 30 fucking years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There are plenty of people in the Old Republic who never saw a Jedi. Not sure how you can claim otherwise.
    Sorry, I don't do pedantic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    i'm 36 and don't know who he is (googled) i'd bet 90% of the people my age where I live wouldn't know him either.
    And guess what, now you know. It was that easy. And -- yet fucking again -- he wasn't part of a massive galactic peace force that was in a major, galaxy-changing civil war, and had been around for TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FUCKING YEARS.

And keep in mind that TENS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS is far longer than the entire history of modern humans.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2019-12-28 at 01:08 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    And guess what, now you know. It was that easy. And -- yet fucking again -- he wasn't part of a massive galactic peace force that was in a major, galaxy-changing civil war, and had been around for TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FUCKING YEARS.
    I was able to look it up because the government of the past 20-30 years wasn't in a active campaign to hide/remove any mention of him. It's not a threat on my life to check and see who it was. In star wars at the time talking too much about Jedi would attract unwanted imperial attention.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I enjoyed this show more than I've enjoyed the entire sequel trilogy.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Not by the hand of Anakin, of whom the prophecy was repeatedly stated to be about.

- - - Updated - - -

No I'm not. (Nevermind that it's not the Universe, just 'a' galaxy.) You know, that same galaxy that didn't even blink an eye in confusion when Obi Wan pulled out his lightsaber and slashed a dude's arm off in a pub in that same Outer Rim.

Or that we're talking about at least one character who was from fucking Alderaan. And in the Republic. Which knew alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll about the Jedi, seeing as they worked hand in hand with them for -- again, tens of thousands of years.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet, "dude," they've fucking at least heard of them. And they were 1.) only around for a handful of centuries and 2.) have been GONE for nearly two millenia. Not 30 fucking years.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I don't do pedantic.

- - - Updated - - -

And keep in mind that TENS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS is far longer than the entire history of modern humans.
    Okay, so we're fixated on the Alderaan connection. You still don't really have any sense of how well known the Jedi were, even on a place like Alderaan. We haven't spent much time there in the films, and outside of the elite, how much interaction would folks have had? Carano's character doesn't strike me as a princess or child of nobility, though perhaps we'll learn more about that in future seasons - if not though, a planet is a big place. She's also roughly as old as the Clone Wars from what I can tell, so she would have been a kid just as the Jedi purge began, and it's very reasonable to assume that knowledge about the Jedi was purged as well. Especially from a core world. Still don't think it's all that unreasonable. Thousands of years of legends are meaningless in the face of a concerted effort to wipe out information by the galactic authority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I enjoyed this show more than I've enjoyed the entire sequel trilogy.
    Yeah, with you there. It wrapped up very nicely, hit all the right marks. Can't wait for the next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Yeah it is a little dumb no one knew. But I could see the mando not knowing if the clan didn't teach it. As they seem to be a pretty close knit cult. The armorer knew and maybe they teach about the jedi once you get your sigil or some other requirement. He just seems to be a late bloomer for stuff.
    Or get this, maybe after Order 66 (which was almost 30 years prior to when the Mandalorian takes place) ... they felt teaching of the Jedi no longer important enough to mention when something isn't needed. This particular group seems to pretty devoted to their particular faith, unless the Jedi played a role in that faith, I can't see it being mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I was able to look it up because the government of the past 20-30 years wasn't in a active campaign to hide/remove any mention of him. It's not a threat on my life to check and see who it was. In star wars at the time talking too much about Jedi would attract unwanted imperial attention.
    This, the Empire labeled all Jedi Traitors to the Republic and thus the Empire born from the Republic. It doesn't take much to then begin assuming the tales of the Jedi's powers were nothing more than that tales. Jedi spent a 1000 years just being peace keepers/ambassadors for the Republic and even in the Clone Wars the people who tended to see their power were clones who didn't typically go away by themselves places.

So, they are Traitors for 1000 years they were more just figureheads/protectors ... the average person likely didn't see Jedi using the Force much. A Jedi uses the Force for Knowledge and Defense over any showy stuff or self interests.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Yeah, the timeline doesn’t exactly line up no matter what side you try to argue. Clone wars ended like 20 BBY and The Mandalorian is set in 9 ABY, meaning the mandalorian is kicking fifty.

The never taking off the helmet thing is just a logistical impossibility; what if he was injured, or drowning, or to sleep or shower? Has he just been marinating in his suit for forty years?
    He does not take it off when any other living being is around. Does not mean he never takes it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to season 2 to see where it goes. It will be interesting, does he seek out Yoda's home world? Could we see a Luke Skywalker appearance (Unlikely, but it would be interesting to see)? It would either be a deaged Mark Hamill (which no, no want) or a new actor (I would say Sebastin Stan could fit, but he is already busy).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    He does not take it off when any other living being is around. Does not mean he never takes it off.
    Even that seems pretty silly. Do Mandalorians reject sex or are they just really kinky and not into kissing? They'll probably write in some outs eventually, exceptions to the rule.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Surely their parents had heard of the Clone Wars, though, no?

The ones started with an army secretly created by a Jedi, which had large scale battles of Jedi vs. droid armies, and clone troopers led by Jedi knights who took the place of Generals?

Surely these would be hot topics in most worlds?

It's like saying you've heard of World War 2, but you don't know who the Nazis are. The Jedi have a large role in the Clone Wars, and the Clone Wars were.....30 years before the events in The Mandalorian? Maybe 40?
    Most people would struggle to name a single general of ww2. And here the soldiers were either droids, or clones, that wouldn't pass along information to general public which they weren't part of, about who led them. In ww2 the public went to the armies, in clone wars they were instead on the side-lines.

Really?

Jim Jones was a stupid little cult leader from more than 30 years ago in the real world. People still know of him, they know what a cult is, and they know what a crazy cult leader is. And he had way less influence on culture of our world than the Jedi had in the Star Wars universe.

I mean, they've been around for literally tens of thousands of years, and were an galactic police force for a huge chunk of that time.
    I'm 31, I have no idea who Jim Jones is other than what I've read in your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Even that seems pretty silly. Do Mandalorians reject sex or are they just really kinky and not into kissing? They'll probably write in some outs eventually, exceptions to the rule.
    Family is different when it comes to Mandos. Family isn't only about Blood. Adoption is common place.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How much do you think the average person knows about any monastic order in real life? And we just live on one planet.
    How does the average person know about Merlin of Arthurian legend, or Gandalf, or Dumbledore?

And those people aren't even real. We're not just talking about "a monastic order", which would have next to no effect on people's lives. We're talking about a monastic order with crazy magical powers who travel the galaxy; there's always a chance one could show up in your neighbourhood. If there were a religion whose practitioners could do the shit Jedi do, we'd all know a lot about them, I would suggest. We don't know anything about normal monastic orders because those people have no possible influence on our normal lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    How does the average person know about Merlin of Arthurian legend, or Gandalf, or Dumbledore?

And those people aren't even real. We're not just talking about "a monastic order", which would have next to no effect on people's lives. We're talking about a monastic order with crazy magical powers who travel the galaxy; there's always a chance one could show up in your neighbourhood. If there were a religion whose practitioners could do the shit Jedi do, we'd all know a lot about them, I would suggest. We don't know anything about normal monastic orders because those people have no possible influence on our normal lives.
    There is a canon novel which goes over many Legends of Luke Skywalker that came out prior to TLJ. Legends sprout up and people doubt it. People refuse to believe, or choose not to know something all the time in the real world.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Family is different when it comes to Mandos. Family isn't only about Blood. Adoption is common place.
    Not even talking about producing a family, just simple human connection, though while we're at it biological families are a pretty useful means of binding groups together. The helmet-on-all-the-time rule is unique to this series as far as I'm aware, and presumably to this little sect. It seems like a gimmick for the show, possibly specifically written in for the scene where he can take it off in front of the thing he hates most. Now that that gimmick has been used, my guess is that the rule will mostly be a hindrance for the writers and they will find a clever way to show that there were always exceptions to the rule, despite what we've been shown. Just a guess =)

And wrong right out of the gate.
    how is that wrong? you don't know.

what i'm saying is yes, the jedi were a very small outfit that not everyone knew about. hard to fathom maybe for you..
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

5+ Year Old Account
    Since the Mandalorians who save Mando in his flash back are wearing blue armor, they gotta be House Vizsla, but who was the one who picked him up??

the only battle I can find between Mandalorians n the trade federation droids is at the planet Zanbar, death watch against general grievous.
    That may be Mando's home world.

Or we'll find out other information in season 7 clone wars, in the trailer there's a bunch of Mandalorians in blue armor..

Huh, I didn't know Jon Favreau voiced Pre Vizsla in clone wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpzCcpE8EZ0

Since Mando was rescued by death watch, n pre vizsla was their leader, it's possible that young Mando saw pre wield the darksaber.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-28 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Surely their parents had heard of the Clone Wars, though, no?

The ones started with an army secretly created by a Jedi, which had large scale battles of Jedi vs. droid armies, and clone troopers led by Jedi knights who took the place of Generals?

Surely these would be hot topics in most worlds?

It's like saying you've heard of World War 2, but you don't know who the Nazis are. The Jedi have a large role in the Clone Wars, and the Clone Wars were.....30 years before the events in The Mandalorian? Maybe 40?
    so many battles during the clone wars had nothing to do with jedi. think of the thousands of clone troops there would have been to 1 jedi general and maaaybe their padawan. what we see on the show (clone wars) is following anakin, obiwan, ahsoka, and the council members. the important jedi. we see their struggles and fights, we seldom see a trooper only episode and even then its heavy on Rex who is a special type of clone trooper in his own regard.

remember even during the imperial reign the outer rim planets didn't accept imperial credits. then later on in Mando we see on Navarro the new republic credits being a joke. Galaxy is a big place. they won't even accept legitimate currency of galaxy ruling governments, and you want an explanation as to why they don't know about 10,000 monks?
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-12-28 at 03:19 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    the Mandalorians should know enough of what's happening to realize,"oh this is the Force".
    The Armorer does know that the child is using Jedi powers.

The Darksaber will probably something that gets explored over the course of this series, along with the history of Mandalore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    remember even during the imperial reign the outer rim planets didn't accept imperial credits. then later on in Mando we see on Navarro the new republic credits being a joke.
    It wasn't Republic credits, he was still trying to pay him in Imperial currency.