5+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of her, is she good?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Never heard of her, is she good?
    She played Starbuck in the new Battlestar Galactica, so she has the SF chops.

HOWEVER the most important part is...

She's already the voice of Bo-Katan in Clone Wars/Rebels anyway!

That's pretty amazing, it's very rare for a voice performer to also get to play the character in live action.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, just so she doesn't affect show too negatively, her char was this sourpuss one-dimensional ginger, doubt she has fans..

pleeeease give boba fett the Maul treatment.

i want to see adult boba fett explored more. i don't want him to be some anti hero. i want him to be the cold ass motherfucker he's supposed to be. build him up for a season or two then actually kill him off.

with a little respect this time, please.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

She would have to be aged up quite a bit. She’s within a few years as obiwan and look at how old he was in A New Hope. This takes place after ROJ...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post

i want to see adult boba fett explored more. i don't want him to be some anti hero. i want him to be the cold ass motherfucker he's supposed to be. build him up for a season or two then actually kill him off.

Well the Empire destroyed Mandalore n Boba Fett chose to side or hang out with Empire for his Han Solo bounty in Empire strikes back...n as a kid in the prequels he was a vicious little shit..

No more redeeming! After kylo ren, just the idea makes me want to puke..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-05-13 at 05:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well the Empire destroyed Mandalore n Boba Fett chose to side or hang out with Empire for his Han Solo bounty in Empire strikes back...n as a kid in the prequels he was a vicious little shit..No more redeeming! After kylo ren, just the idea makes me want to puke..
    They could do it like the EU where it wasn't exactly redemption but it was a focus on his heritage more. As long as it is a redemption through merit I have no problem. And not simply a few scene "Oh I'm a good guy now".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Well the Empire destroyed Mandalore n Boba Fett chose to side or hang out with Empire for his Han Solo bounty in Empire strikes back...n as a kid in the prequels he was a vicious little shit..

[IMG]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/02/BobaVaderLando.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140712044556[/I]
    Boba is not a Mandalorian.

I mean, the main character isn't really a "hero" in the classical sense either. I liked Boba Fett as a kid, think he's got a good bit of potential, but I think his best use in Mandalorian would be as an example of failure of the code. He's a capable mercenary that has no respect among the Mandalorians, maybe he wants it, maybe he doesn't, but he's not a good person by any means.

I guess we'll see though. RotJ certainly did little enough to add to the mystique and the prequels with the stupid clone shit kicked him while he was down. The show could at least give him a boost in that regard.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Boba is not a Mandalorian.
    He is but not part of the larger culture. Jango, who boba was cloned from, was raised and taught some traditions of Mandalorians. That training was obviously cut short. But to some degree he is still a mandalorian just not much of one.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So excited for Katie Sackhoff. She was awesome in Battlestar Galacitca. I like Rosario Dawson a lot as well so I'm super curious to see her as Ahsoka. Just heard Timothy Olyphant will be joining the cast--loved him in Deadwood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post

I'm completely the other way around.

Boba Fett is a pretender and an incompetent one. He's not a Mandalorian and has no right to that armor. He got tossed into the Sarlacc because he couldn't even control his jetpack. Literally the only thing going for him in the original trilogy is that his outfit looked neato. That's it.

He's a glorified regular-grade clone stormtrooper. Nothing more. I hope he catches up with the Mando, and just gets his ass absolutely handed to him. Seriously, people forget that he's exactly the same clone as the clone troopers.

He's a top-shelf bounty hunter. But he's no Mando.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-05-18 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Boba Fett is a pretender and an incompetent one. He's not a Mandalorian and has no right to that armor. He got tossed into the Sarlacc because he couldn't even control his jetpack. Literally the only thing going for him in TOS is that his outfit looked neato. That's it.

He's a glorified regular-grade clone stormtrooper. Nothing more. I hope he catches up with the Mando, and just gets his ass absolutely handed to him. Seriously, people forget that he's exactly the same clone as the clone troopers.

That's not exactly accurate, though I agree with the spirit of what you're saying. The clones aren't stormtroopers, they are considerably more effective from what we see. Boba isn't just another clone, he was allowed to age naturally and raised by the original, the one who was skilled enough to be worth basing an army off of, who fought Obi-Wan to a standstill. Granted we've never seen Boba Fett do anything remotely impressive onscreen, the guy comes off as a chump, but maybe he has a good CV offscreen. The show could do something to turn his rep around. Or maybe it will hilariously lean into the existing one. Really looking forward to whatever they choose to do!

10+ Year Old Account

Boba Fett is a pretender and an incompetent one. He's not a Mandalorian and has no right to that armor. He got tossed into the Sarlacc because he couldn't even control his jetpack. Literally the only thing going for him in TOS is that his outfit looked neato. That's it.

I'm not tremendously sure his genetic lineage has too much to do with anything... I mean, who's Mando? Just some dude. As far as competency, I'm pretty sure he got tossed into the sarlacc because Lucas thought it was funny. It's a very, very spielberg/lucas-type touch of humor, rather than some sort of statement on his competency. As far as what he was shown to actually do... he outsmarted the heroes in Empire Strikes back and lead to their capture.

Boba Fett would be a good antithesis to Mando. Like you said, he doesn't deserve the armor, and he's not a mandalorian. He's fronting as one; basically coopting their lineage. And that's something that would piss Mando off to no end. And Fett just wouldn't care. Boba Fett has, in essence, the capability to be a villain that's diametrically opposed to everything Mando stands for. Fett has no regard for tradition or honor and, my guess is, wants either baby yoda or is making some sort of play for the Dark Saber.

Moreover, they should definitely portray Fett as competent. Every villain Mando's come up against has been various shades of incompetent or someone that relies on some faceless army of incompetent people that stands back and lets others fail for them. Him squaring off against someone who's not only competent, but actually better than him? That's way more interesting than Mando just continuing to go around knocking people over.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Boba Fett would be a good antithesis to Mando. Like you said, he doesn't deserve the armor, and he's not a mandalorian. He's fronting as one; basically coopting their lineage. And that's something that would piss Mando off to no end. And Fett just wouldn't care. Boba Fett has, in essence, the capability to be a villain that's diametrically opposed to everything Mando stands for. Fett has no regard for tradition or honor and, my guess is, wants either baby yoda or is making some sort of play for the Dark Saber.

Moreover, they should definitely portray Fett as competent. Every villain Mando's come up against has been various shades of incompetent or someone that relies on some faceless army of incompetent people that stands back and lets others fail for them. Him squaring off against someone who's not only competent, but actually better than him? That's way more interesting than Mando just continuing to go around knocking people over.
    that actually sounds pretty interesting. Plus our Mando has honor so that alone makes it harder for him to win vs a guy that doesnt give a fuck about morals and so that gives boba a edge.

Its harder to kill someone when you have the save the baby about to fall from a building etc.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Boba Fett is a pretender and an incompetent one. He's not a Mandalorian and has no right to that armor. He got tossed into the Sarlacc because he couldn't even control his jetpack. Literally the only thing going for him in the original trilogy is that his outfit looked neato. That's it.

Boba Fett had Han Solo smash his jetpack with a polearm, slammed into the side of Jaba's barge, and then into the Sarlac Pit. Wasn't because he didn't fly it right. More a malfunction.

The Mandalorian in Mandalorian isn't exactly the perfect or best fighter. Part of what makes it good is that he gets his butt kicked some.

There’s no real coopting of mando culture. If you live it you are mando.

Plus I think the fan base is done with subverting expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the life of me I cannot find it again, but I am sure I read something that said there are rumors Temuera Morrison may be playing more than one role in the next season. The thing is, he is kinda old to play Boba Fett at the age he would be so they may just have him voice the character and never take the helmet off. He is however at about the right age to play an older Captain Rex. And since we have already seen an older Rex in Rebels and we know Ahsoka will be in season 2, how cool would it be to see Rex in live action as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's not exactly accurate, though I agree with the spirit of what you're saying. The clones aren't stormtroopers, they are considerably more effective from what we see. Boba isn't just another clone, he was allowed to age naturally and raised by the original, the one who was skilled enough to be worth basing an army off of, who fought Obi-Wan to a standstill. Granted we've never seen Boba Fett do anything remotely impressive onscreen, the guy comes off as a chump, but maybe he has a good CV offscreen. The show could do something to turn his rep around. Or maybe it will hilariously lean into the existing one. Really looking forward to whatever they choose to do!
    The problem is Jango died when Boba Fett was still a pretty young. I am not sure how much training he really had. Plus, he lacked the advanced training the clone troopers received as well. In a way, that could be a good thing. He is pretty much a blank slate. We know so little about what happened to him after Jango died that they could go in any direction they want with him. Make him a total badass or a complete pretender.

My favorite Star Wars characters. Two Star Wars legends. I hope Boba disintegrates Mando and the show gets re-titled "Boba Fett" for Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The problem is Jango died when Boba Fett was still a pretty young. I am not sure how much training he really had. Plus, he lacked the advanced training the clone troopers received as well. In a way, that could be a good thing. He is pretty much a blank slate. We know so little about what happened to him after Jango died that they could go in any direction they want with him. Make him a total badass or a complete pretender.
    In the clone wars series he was outperforming the other kids. So he had a leg up at that point. In the rest of the series he gets bested by Ventress a few times.