10+ Year Old Account
    You can bet something is going to fuck up next episode. Now that the Din Djarin has a place and a name, the entire season is going to be about him getting there. I highly doubt he is just going to meet up with Ahsoka next episode, unless it's right at the end or in a situation where they have no time to talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Oh man seeing Katee Sackhoff in that role absolutely did it for me. I had forgotten she voiced Bo-Katan in Clone Wars/Rebels. Currently watching BSG for the first time too, it was quite a treat!

I'm not sure how old was Bo-Katan in Clone Wars, but assuming she was 19-20, she would be what, around 45 at this point? Either way, with the Ahsoka name drop this episode really did tie the series to the whole Star Wars universe, great episode.
    We don't know how old Bo-Katan is outside that she is younger than her sister Satine.

If she was 19 years old in Clone Wars she would be older than 45. She would be near 50. If she was 19 (unlikely) at the end of the Clone Wars, she would be 38 as of ANH. This is 9 years later so she would be 47 at the youngest. She is likely in her 50s.

Obi-wan would be 66 if he was alive. And it is implied he and Satine were similar in age, not identical. But then again this is Star Wars where Padme creeped on 9 year old Anakin. So, we get that Bo is likely in her 50s as she is Satine's younger sister.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    You can bet something is going to fuck up next episode. Now that the Din Djarin has a place and a name, the entire season is going to be about him getting there. I highly doubt he is just going to meet up with Ahsoka next episode, unless it's right at the end or in a situation where they have no time to talk.
    Likely he is going to get his ship repaired better before heading there. So at least one or two episode side story that will pay off in Season 3.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

Likely he is going to get his ship repaired better before heading there. So at least one or two episode side story that will pay off in Season 3.
    I love how he dissed Mon Calamari repairs yet a large portion of the Rebel Fleet was Mon Calamari, they were known for their spacecrafts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Ep 5 is directed by Filoni so you can bet your ass that's the Ahsoka episode. Hopefully she appears at the end of 4, would be a nice ending to build the hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how he dissed Mon Calamari repairs yet a large portion of the Rebel Fleet was Mon Calamari, they were known for their spacecrafts.
    Yes, but doesn't mean all Mon Calamari are good at building ships.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I just wonder if the show would get the praise it does if it didn't have baby yoda in it. I watched a bit and it just felt like a bunch of side missions that he should've been sending someone off to do, but he's the edgy loner so he's straddled with the daunting task of getting an egg for Jawas....

It's a story for the sake of having a loner character in the Star Wars mythos. In my opinion. Like oooo what would happen if Luke was a loner and used guns instead of the force! And then lets just make it a baby Yoda instead for funsies!
    Or it touches on a lot of aspects of the SW universe that were sidelined in the movies. Stuff that people want to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the credits (who writing and directing) I don't think they are going straight to Ashoka next episode.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

As much as I crap on the other episodes, this is why I still watch. They show they can do essentially self contained plots that still advance the greater plot. This was a fun episode that didn't require a deus ex machina to save Mando. He got saved on the boat but it was telegraphed that he was being watched so it didn't feel like it was out of nowhere. It also gave some development to the Mando character, that he was raised by religious zealots, that often doesn't exist in the one-offs.

Amazing episode. Well worth the dip that was Ep2. Seeing Bo-Katan in a live show, and have it be the same actress who voiced her... absolutely delicious. The plot was also great, tightly wrapped and neatly executed. The pointer towards Ahsoka Tano undoubtedly caused a great disturbance in the fandom, as if a million voices suddenly cried out.

Great show, and yet another feather in the cap for Mando and his quest of carrying the SW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    This complaint doesn’t even make sense. Having a longer more interwoven plot doesn’t cater to a short attention span at all and Starwars Tends to do same thing but mostly with props instead of characters Rather it be the dark saber boba’s armour ect or in terms of the movie where they three 3PO in episode 1 for no reason or chewy into 3.
    Because they barely even watch the show. They half watch it while scrolling through facebook/instagram or playing a video game or alt tabbing back and forth between some obnoxious streamer. Just so they know the latest "secret". Oh reys a palpatine? Sweet, back to playing among us.

Mandalorian is from a religious zealot branch of mando lore, sweet that tiger king dude is LoL.

Instead of just letting the show breathe and meeting a new frog character so its not just jumping from planet to planet. These star wars films/tv shows work best when you can actually explore the worlds not just hyperdrive though it to discover the next big plot point or twist and waiting for jedi's to flip around with lightsabers.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-11-14 at 07:08 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just seeing all the stuff happening in the background did it for me. Reminded me a bit of Corellia in Solo but with less humans and Imperials. The more we see outside of straight up Sith and Jedi, the better, even though I hope we see them again.

I was like when the Imperials show up on this show. The best part when the officer was straight up hero posing with the Stormtroopers only to immediately take cover once he knew what he was up against. Disney did a lot off things but I feel like their Imperials/First Order characterizations have been on point. Even SW Resistance had some cool FO moments.

Its just cool seeing a lot of the stuff from the cartoons done so well. A lot of times there's something missing in the transition from one medium to the other but they did great.

Looks like Gideon is going to get his moment too.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Just seeing all the stuff happening in the background did it for me. Reminded me a bit of Corellia in Solo but with less humans and Imperials. The more we see outside of straight up Sith and Jedi, the better, even though I hope we see them again.

I was like when the Imperials show up on this show. The best part when the officer was straight up hero posing with the Stormtroopers only to immediately take cover once he knew what he was up against. Disney did a lot off things but I feel like their Imperials/First Order characterizations have been on point. Even SW Resistance had some cool FO moments.

Its just cool seeing a lot of the stuff from the cartoons done so well. A lot of times there's something missing in the transition from one medium to the other but they did great.

Looks like Gideon is going to get his moment too.
    Star Wars Resistance doesn't get enough love imo.

The biggest problem with Resistance is the early arcs where they were too silly/kiddy.

Resistance was amazing with how they portrayed the first order with and Tam's entire storyline with them.

Is Rebels or Clone Wars level good? No, but if you can get past the first episodes it gets a whole lot better.

---

And they are doing a good job of showing us the galaxy in the Mandalorian. People complaining that he is running into big named people just makes no sense to me. We knew based on season 1 that there was likely the return of characters from other series and the movies. What did people expect when the first season ended with "You must return the Child to the Jedi?" and there are only two known Jedi or Former Jedi alive at the time. We were either eventually going to see a young Luke or Ahsoka ... Ezra was also possible, but I think they have other plans for him.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Because they barely even watch the show. They half watch it while scrolling through facebook/instagram or playing a video game or alt tabbing back and forth between some obnoxious streamer. Just so they know the latest "secret". Oh reys a palpatine? Sweet, back to playing among us.

Mandalorian is from a religious zealot branch of mando lore, sweet that tiger king dude is LoL.

Instead of just letting the show breathe and meeting a new frog character so its not just jumping from planet to planet. These star wars films/tv shows work best when you can actually explore the worlds not just hyperdrive though it to discover the next big plot point or twist and waiting for jedi's to flip around with lightsabers.
    I actually think it's great that the Mandalorian doesn't get nailed down to one planet, and just ventures between them every episode. The show takes a lot of influence from Lone Wolf and Cub, and lots of other samurai media. If you think about it, the Mandalorian himself is a ronin, he is a Mandalorian without a planet just like a samurai without a master. He has no goal, only his Way. Until he finds the Child.

The fact that this is taking such heavy influence from a samurai classic makes it feel so much Star Wars, since the original Star Wars was a sci-fi twist on the genre itself, mostly The Hidden Fortress.

The Mandalorian has to wander, has to avoid getting long running plot arcs, for it to keep that wandering ronin feel.

- - - Updated - - -

And they are doing a good job of showing us the galaxy in the Mandalorian. People complaining that he is running into big named people just makes no sense to me. We knew based on season 1 that there was likely the return of characters from other series and the movies. What did people expect when the first season ended with "You must return the Child to the Jedi?" and there are only two known Jedi or Former Jedi alive at the time. We were either eventually going to see a young Luke or Ahsoka ... Ezra was also possible, but I think they have other plans for him.
    At this time Leia should be in training as well, and don't forget Cal Kestis and Cere Junda from Fallen Order, who survived the purge and may still be alive after the fall of the Empire

10+ Year Old Account
    At this time Leia should be in training as well, and don't forget Cal Kestis and Cere Junda from Fallen Order, who survived the purge and may still be alive after the fall of the Empire
    We don't know exactly when Leia trained ... Ben was born a year after RotJ and the Mandalorian is set 5 years after RotJ. Leia may have already trained and stopped at this point.

Also, we don't know whether or not Cal and Cere were alive post RotJ, which is why I didn't include them. Fallen Order is a great game, but there is too much unknown about the character's fates to go off of.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know exactly when Leia trained ... Ben was born a year after RotJ and the Mandalorian is set 5 years after RotJ. Leia may have already trained and stopped at this point.
    Takes more than one year to become a Jedi. Padawans spend their entire childhood learning, and it took Luke the entire Empire-Return time skip to learn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Takes more than one year to become a Jedi. Padawans spend their entire childhood learning, and it took Luke the entire Empire-Return time skip to learn.
    The entire original trilogy took place over 4 years with Empire and Return only having a gap of a year. The largest skip was between a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. There really is no set time frame for becoming a Jedi. But yes the Jedi Order had their own methods that normally took decades of training.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The entire original trilogy took place over 4 years with Empire and Return only having a gap of a year. The largest skip was between a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. There really is no set time frame for becoming a Jedi. But yes the Jedi Order had their own methods that normally took decades of training.
    Really? I figured that building 2/3 of a new, larger Death Star took longer than a year. I mean, the first one was under construction as soon as the Empire was founded, and it wasn't tested until 20 years later.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to the timeline on wookiepedia Leia was training for a year when she gave birth to Ben Solo and stopped her training there because of visions so received that indicated her best place wasn't with continuing her training. The source is the Rise of Skywalker visual dictionary.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I figured that building 2/3 of a new, larger Death Star took longer than a year. I mean, the first one was under construction as soon as the Empire was founded, and it wasn't tested until 20 years later.
    They started as soon as the first one was destroyed so a 3-4 year time period. Return of the Jedi takes place in 4 After Battle of Yavin (ABY) and A New Hope obviously takes place in 0 aby. The Battle of Yavin is used as the year zero reference point for most star wars stuff.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    The first one was mired with Imperials sects taking and fighting over resources and people like Galen Urso slowing things down on purpose. Outside of a Jedi, Galen was the universe's foremost expert on Kyber crystals, when he ran he slowed things down. As not everyone in the Empire was aware of the Death Stars construction prior to its completion.

Also, as Rhorle explained, Luke becomes a full Jedi in 4 years with barely any official training. Rey becomes a full Jedi in a year ... like the sequels or not, they are canon. And keep in mind, Luke was fighting a war while he was training. So it is very possible again, Leia had already gone through her training. And again, Leia was not known to the galaxy on whole as Luke's sister or force sensitive. Leia really can't be included here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    According to the timeline on wookiepedia Leia was training for a year when she gave birth to Ben Solo and stopped her training there because of visions so received that indicated her best place wasn't with continuing her training. The source is the Rise of Skywalker visual dictionary.
    Personally, I like to take source books always with a grain of salt. But, if that is the case, it had already been at least 3 years since she last trained as a Jedi.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    But, if that is the case, it had already been at least 3 years since she last trained as a Jedi.
    No. She started with Luke in 4 aby and gave birth in 5 aby. Luke wasn't even a Jedi 3 years prior to that since he didn't start has training until 3 aby.