Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

I hate Polished Pet Charms

I suspect I am in the minority but I really do hate the new pet currency and i'll explain why. Firstly I understand the reason behind the currency and in theory it is great but as a former pet collector I find it utter BS and the reason for that is how vendor pets can no longer be bought with gold. Now I wouldn't mind so much if the pets cost something like 50 charms but they don't, most cost 200 and that can take weeks to get depending on RNG! Not just that though but some of the WQs are impossible unless you have the correct lvl 25 pets. It isn't like the vendor pets are lvl 25 so wtf are they so expensive? I really do miss the days I could immediately buy reputation pets without having to grind a currency to buy.

Deleted
    For the "impossible" wqs just use lvl 1 pets, the WQs scale to highest pet

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the pets that require reputation to get shouldn't also be gated by pet tokens. Either cost tokens or rep, pick one.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I see where you're coming from, but it's actually pretty fun to level pets, so I like that the rewards aren't easy to get. If you could just buy the pets with gold, I think it would trivialize the entire point of the system since the rewards wouldn't really matter as much imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but it's actually pretty fun to level pets, so I like that the rewards aren't easy to get. If you could just buy the pets with gold, I think it would trivialize the entire point of the system since the rewards wouldn't really matter as much imo.
    I don't actually like pet battles its too imbalanced but for those that do you already have pets and items that require battles to get. I am not opposed to the currency rewarding stuff like toys, stones, etc but more opposed to locking reputation and vendor pets to it

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't actually like pet battles its too imbalanced but for those that do you already have pets and items that require battles to get. I am not opposed to the currency rewarding stuff like toys, stones, etc but more opposed to locking reputation and vendor pets to it
    Yeah I do agree they shouldn't be locked behind reputation as well as pet charms, and there should be some powerful vender pets that require charms, and other ones that require gold/rep.

Current pet battle WQs are some of the easiest ever. It's all about countering anyway, so you ought to have a small team before doing WQs of any kind anyway. You would cry if you wanted to do MoP ones, they need specific pets, here you can do most with just generic families. And the charms ramp up so fast.

eh if you have multiple 120s you can repeat the token quests, as the tokens are BOA

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    eh if you have multiple 120s you can repeat the token quests, as the tokens are BOA
    This. And even if they weren't BOA you would still be getting #of120s*tokens per day

2 120s get 200 tokens at the same time = 2 200 token pets

but don't listen to me, keep QQing so they add more ways to get tokens to make my life easier
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    This. And even if they weren't BOA you would still be getting #of120s*tokens per day

2 120s get 200 tokens at the same time = 2 200 token pets

but don't listen to me, keep QQing so they add more ways to get tokens to make my life easier
    You cannot get 200 a day. It also doesn't change the tedium of having to spam tedious shit to buy something that was purchasable for gold for 13 years

You cannot get 200 a day. It also doesn't change the tedium of having to spam tedious shit to buy something that was purchasable for gold for 13 years
    You can buy them with gold in any capital city

If you had enough characters, you could get way more than 200 a day. I only have a couple alts leveled to max, but a year from now? Ill easily be able to get 200+ a day if I desire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vims View Post
    For the "impossible" wqs just use lvl 1 pets, the WQs scale to highest pet
    Wait, is this true!?

I've dodged them for so long when I could've just cheesed it?!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The idea is you should level multiple character and do WQs on all your alts, or just take the long route and do them on one character...for years.

Alts for farming is nothing new, it's pretty much a must these days, if you want to reliably farm anything at all in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wait, is this true!?

I've dodged them for so long when I could've just cheesed it?!
    Yes, pet WQs in BfA scale to pet level, so you can just battle with 1 level pets, and enemy pets will only have the basic skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    You can buy them with gold in any capital city
    You can buy polished pet charms with gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yes, pet WQs in BfA scale to pet level, so you can just battle with 1 level pets, and enemy pets will only have the basic skill.
    Whelp, time to cheese some WQ's..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I am not sure about that..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No, but you can buy the pets in the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    He obviously meant that you can buy the pets that are bought with charms for gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you want everythin NOW NOW NOW, pet charms go really fast. Just doin wq here and there without rushing it and i already have like a huge amount of pet charm pets.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Makes the pet battles themselves kinda retarded though. The quest with the sharks has the first pet just use a stun on you that does no damage and on a 4 turn cooldown. Fighting it is just getting stunned, followed by 3 turns where you can damage it.