Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Preach!
    pet battle have gotten stale

If you have multiple 120, just use the mission table.
    The pet charm mission repop every few days.
    Works like in Legion.
    I've ended legion with enough to buy ~200 lvl25 tokens.

With 3 120s characters, where I've only do the Arathi quests every 2 weeks to provide ressources, I already have 600 pet charms. I won't do any battle this expac too I think, but I'll buy them all :]

Deleted
    Read OP

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the Pet Charm system ; I'm more dismayed by the large number of pets that drop from Island Expeditions. I haven't been on that many expeditions, maybe ~20 since the expansion started, but have only had one pet drop. Kind of de-motivating!

I just hate that they spam you with mails telling you you can go get one. They just leave out the ridiculous prices in charms associated with them. "Hey, here's your reward. Oh, but you have to pay for it, so get to work, bitch!"

I completed the Celestial Tournament on the Timeless Isle (now THAT was challenging, and not even) and with a roster of 850 battle pets, most being blue and 25, every pet battle WQ on Zandalar was a breeze. Don't recall losing a single one. Plus, just winning them also gets me 75 7th Legion rep, can't ask for more than that. I got 200 polished pet charms in no time, I really don't see an issue with the the polished pet charms.

It's not that often having a ton of alts works out to be more efficient that one character, but they're great for collection purposes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I completed the Celestial Tournament on the Timeless Isle (now THAT was challenging, and not even) and with a roster of 850 battle pets, most being blue and 25, every pet battle WQ on Zandalar was a breeze. Don't recall losing a single one. Plus, just winning them also gets me 75 7th Legion rep, can't ask for more than that. I got 200 polished pet charms in no time, I really don't see an issue with the the polished pet charms.
    No offence but most people don't have 850 lvl 25 blue pets.

I won't lie, getting pet charms to buy BFA vendor pets for completionists sake is pretty tedius. I recently bought a pet for 500 charms that I will likely never use. It'll get easier and faster as I level more alts (currently 3 120s) but at the moment the charms required is overtuned.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No offense taken, I didn't realize. I only ever hardcore pet battled during Mists, so most are from that. I still think it's pretty easy to get them but I guess I invested more time in pet battles than most.

The thing that really bothers me as well is that all (or most?) of the pets you buy are of uncommon quality.

Impossible pet world quests... Now that's a good laugh.

These quests are ridiculously easy compared to Legion's, especially the ones for the Family Fighter achievement. It's a simple matter of, "Hmm, what is this pet weak to," and using a few of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, most people who cares about pet battles, have 850+ level 25 rare pets..

Those that don't care, are irrelevant to this thread.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    I suspect I am in the minority but I really do hate the new pet currency and i'll explain why. Firstly I understand the reason behind the currency and in theory it is great but as a former pet collector I find it utter BS and the reason for that is how vendor pets can no longer be bought with gold. Now I wouldn't mind so much if the pets cost something like 50 charms but they don't, most cost 200 and that can take weeks to get depending on RNG! Not just that though but some of the WQs are impossible unless you have the correct lvl 25 pets. It isn't like the vendor pets are lvl 25 so wtf are they so expensive? I really do miss the days I could immediately buy reputation pets without having to grind a currency to buy.
    The system - per se - is not bad... but Blizzard must work on adding more sources to gain Polished Pet Charms.

For example, via the new Gnomeregan Pet dungeon: with the new Gnomeregan token you can buy a sack with severals Pet Charms or as a weekly reward (this could help to maintain the dungeon interesting even after you got all the pets), or during Pet week event, you can have a Pet charms Bonus for every Pet Battle WQ...

It's just a matter of time, sooner or later we'll be able to buy all the pet ...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    These are the easiest Pet Battles we have ever seen, how can you ever think that you need specific pets?

All of them are doable if you just counter the type, meaning if the Pet Battle has a Beast, a Critter and a Flying, you litterally CAN'T fail if you play a Mechanical, a Beast and a Magic pet to counter them.

But yeah, the grind is painful BUT at least many of these can be bought on the AH, saves you tons of charms!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

15+ Year Old Account
    Not just that though but some of the WQs are impossible unless you have the correct lvl 25 pets.
    https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.p...ttleforAzeroth

If you are serious about pet battles you should already have any pet needed at level 25. There really are not any difficult world quests and those that are can be done with out a leveling pet for a "backup" pet if needed. Or as others have said use level 1 pets to make it easier but I have found that to not be needed. Nor have I had to go and level/collect any new pets to do any of the BfA world quests.

If you are going to complain rather then troll then at least mention reptuation/vendor pets not being rare quality, vendors scattered around the zones rather then one specific spot. If they just added charms as a reward no matter what the WQ reward is it would be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Right. But you don't need nearly that many to do all of the BfA pet WQ. As usual you can get by a with a handful of the same pets. 90% of those pets should either already be level 25 or can be caught at 25 (23 after catch). If you've been doing the past two expansions of bet battles or even just Legion you will have the pets.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Those that don't care, are irrelevant to this thread.
    This is a rather bullshit statement. The thread was started with regards to purchasing rep pets with the charms. Some people like to collect pets without battling them. I enjoy having different pets for the sake of having the pets and having them out. I get little to no enjoyment from pet battles. The ability to not buy reputation rewards with gold (even if they are pets) is annoying to me, as now I will need to grind pet WQs (which at least isn't as bad if they scale to lvl 1, which makes things easier) just to buy the rep rewards.

I am not thrilled about it. And it does matter. The thread wasn't about pet battles themselves, but the rewards as they relate. Your nonsense idea that players who aren't into pet battles don't matter is, frankly, stupid.

This keeps them valuable (gold-wise).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    I get little to no enjoyment from pet battles. The ability to not buy reputation rewards with gold (even if they are pets) is annoying to me, as now I will need to grind pet WQs (which at least isn't as bad if they scale to lvl 1, which makes things easier) just to buy the rep rewards.
    Some pets were still locked behind charms in Legion though. So you still had to do pet battles even if you just wanted to collect. Also you can buy any rep reward pet off of the AH as they can be caged. So you can still buy for gold if you absolutely don't want to do relatively easy world quests. If you really are just about collecting then you would get the basic pets for World Quests anyways because you would have a ton of charms by the end of expansion to get any reward you want.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugg - being one of those "Not a big pet battle person but I love collected pets!" - I too really dislike this currency change. And Don't get the point, at all.

I did miss the announcement during Legion that this would change, so now I have both currencies in my bank, but good to read I can get rid of the one.

Or can I? I remember going to the pet vendors in Dalaran at the Pet Shop like a month ago and it still having pets obtainable ONLY with the OLD currency.

I went checking prices (as I got none in Legion since I don't really do pet battles) on them and that's when I noticed it.

Am I just mistaken in my memory? Or are there pets that are still available for the old currency at Ye'Olde Dalaran Pet Shop?

And - yes it is stupid that ANY rewards already locked behind rep - is also having to be bought with a secondary currency! We should be able to buy rep rewards - ALL of them - with gold!

It was very disheartening and demoralizing to look at the rep vendors and see I would get zippo nothing on some of them for raising them up (except for exalted mount) - without also having enough pet charms to buy the pets.

Dirty tricksies Blizz... dirty tricksies. And serves no real point other than to force a purpose for grinding the tokens on people who don't normally pet battle. Because, as others have pointed out here, if we did pet battles we'd "have plenty soon enough."

But YES there are those of us out here that just really like little pets - and don't like the pokemon stuff! *hrumps*

(And yes, I'm using the mission table missions as often as they pop..which is maybe once a week...for about 30-50 if you get the bonus too. Joy.)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.