Thread: So Ghuun LFR?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde-only questline - story of Vol'jin. One of the quests require you to kill G'huun.
    A darkness carried in the heart can not be cured by moving the body from one place to another. (Lennier to Vir in Babylon 5:"Dust to Dust")
    -----
    Main: Warrior for life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeidrich View Post
    LFR is a lot of players that are not prepared, or unaccustomed to certain behavior, but honestly, they're still able to accomplish tasks necessary to finish a fight like G'huun.

I'm glad that they left the majority of these mechanics in, because players will learn this stuff, and they'll get better, and they'll be able to build confidence to try some of these things in a Normal raid, and it will generally uplift them to a small extent.

I think it's a mistake to dumb the LFR encounters down to the point where you one-shot it the first time you try it. It doesn't do anyone any favors. LFR G'huun is really forgiving, but at the same time it teaches you all of the mechanics you need to know for normal G'huun. You want to learn to run orbs? You can do it in LFR, and get experience doing it. It's really exactly the same except you don't get the debuff so you can attempt multiple sides, and there's not as much damage that you have to worry about. Learn how Dark Bargain works, or at least when it MCs you. Learn what collapse looks like, etc.

MOTHER was hilarious on the first day she was released, and now my alts in LFR generally one-shot her. People generally get better as they get more exposure to the encounters. These are people who aren't going to go watch tutorial videos, so the only practice they get is through exposure, but that's OK, a few stacks of determination and a few tries to figure out WTF to do with orbs etc, and then you win.

For some players in LFR, they like the idea of raiding, but are afraid of making mistakes. Something like LFR at least lets them figure out the mechanics without being afraid of making errors (because it's just LFR).
    Agreed. So many people hate LFR for some reason, even tho it does 0 effect on anyone who does not do it. Nice to see some positive stuff on MMOC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    The fight is easy but you need a couple things

1) 2 people constantly running orbs ( can be the same two people )
    2) People learning to stack in the red to cleanse debuffs going into P3
    3) Healers not being garbage in P3

In the group I joined yesterday I came in after they had 1 determination and we killed it, but we literally had about 5 people alive. The healers seemed bad, and a few never cleansed their debuffs so they had 15+ stacks in P3 and died early.
    I did it in 2 tries but the group I was added to had 2 stacks of Det so... 4 I guess. Not bad, really, and of course people won't know to stack in the evil red circle called Blood Feast unless they're told to, after all we tell them to get out of bad mostly. Orbs, likewise, are a mechanic you just need to know about and then you're fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    LFR is LFR, it's always been the same, queue up, get in and afk.
    gee, I wonder why your LFRs do poorly. People like you are a part of the problem. Play the game or don't queue. And no, nothing you say is an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by zeidrich View Post
    LFR is a lot of players that are not prepared, or unaccustomed to certain behavior, but honestly, they're still able to accomplish tasks necessary to finish a fight like G'huun.

I'm glad that they left the majority of these mechanics in, because players will learn this stuff, and they'll get better, and they'll be able to build confidence to try some of these things in a Normal raid, and it will generally uplift them to a small extent.

I think it's a mistake to dumb the LFR encounters down to the point where you one-shot it the first time you try it. It doesn't do anyone any favors. LFR G'huun is really forgiving, but at the same time it teaches you all of the mechanics you need to know for normal G'huun. You want to learn to run orbs? You can do it in LFR, and get experience doing it. It's really exactly the same except you don't get the debuff so you can attempt multiple sides, and there's not as much damage that you have to worry about. Learn how Dark Bargain works, or at least when it MCs you. Learn what collapse looks like, etc.

MOTHER was hilarious on the first day she was released, and now my alts in LFR generally one-shot her. People generally get better as they get more exposure to the encounters. These are people who aren't going to go watch tutorial videos, so the only practice they get is through exposure, but that's OK, a few stacks of determination and a few tries to figure out WTF to do with orbs etc, and then you win.

For some players in LFR, they like the idea of raiding, but are afraid of making mistakes. Something like LFR at least lets them figure out the mechanics without being afraid of making errors (because it's just LFR).
    Careful now, you're being reasonable on MMO-C and not even adding a dash of salt or snark!

But yes, exactly this. For some I also think it's far easier to experience raid content (even if it is easy-mode) through LFR than commit to some sort of raid schedule or accept some host of guild rules. I know for me that's the case. I've raided before but I have little interest in being in an actual raiding guild or being tied to a specific schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Agreed. So many people hate LFR for some reason, even tho it does 0 effect on anyone who does not do it. Nice to see some positive stuff on MMOC
    I assume it's the standard behavior of making themselves feel better by insulting other people. Par for the course immature crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Goraidh View Post
    Horde-only questline - story of Vol'jin. One of the quests require you to kill G'huun.
    And you can be like me, who pitch tanked G'huun without any prep or expectation of doing it, which distracted my brain just enough that I forgot to shove the glaive into his corpse before I left LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really? Because often in LFR end of raid bosses have often been hard enough (for LFR) to require a few wipes just to get enough det to make it work.
    Except council of shivarra not in the last 5 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I did it in 2 tries but the group I was added to had 2 stacks of Det so... 4 I guess. Not bad, really, and of course people won't know to stack in the evil red circle called Blood Feast unless they're told to, after all we tell them to get out of bad mostly. Orbs, likewise, are a mechanic you just need to know about and then you're fine.

- - - Updated - - -

gee, I wonder why your LFRs do poorly. People like you are a part of the problem. Play the game or don't queue. And no, nothing you say is an excuse.
    Wind your neck in, spud, please quote me where I said that it was I do personally. Lot of people on MMO-Champ that are really good at selective reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    We wiped once. Just be sure to tell people that the red circle in phase 2 is a good red circle and they should stand in it.
    Honestly, that shit is a bigger problem in lfr then orbs. You only need like 2 people in lfr for the orbs and out of 25 there are usually a couple that knows the mechanics.. trying to get 25 people to jump into a big scary red circle that they are conditioned to avoid is another problem. We wiped because peoples blood stacks overwhelmed teh healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not seen a smooth G'huun LFR kill yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Did it yesterday around midnight (so perhaps a higher chance of people who know what to do? idk)

got it on 4th try I believe, went a bit chaotic with orbs, warlocks putting up retarded gates (from center up to where you pick it up)

But on 2nd try, the tank took lead and explained the basics, and assigned people for orbs, went down in 2 tries :P Kinda a bit too easy if you ask me

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Nothing will ever come close to the absolute hilarity of Durumu LFR and Nazgrim LFR where the tactic was to get 10+ determination stacks because LFR raiders are blithering morons that even after 10 wipes still have no idea what to do and continuously wipe to the same mechanics. So the tactic was to get such a high damage percentage increase that the bosses would die really fast or die before the notorious death maze that Durumu summoned on his second phase.
    ahh good times <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Wind your neck in, spud, please quote me where I said that it was I do personally. Lot of people on MMO-Champ that are really good at selective reading.
    Yeah yeah, YOU are a pro. Right. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really? Because often in LFR end of raid bosses have often been hard enough (for LFR) to require a few wipes just to get enough det to make it work.
    And then they nerf it to smithereens in a week or two if it is.

Deleted
    as LFR always is.. its aids with 5 people carrying the rest

Deleted
    Yeah yeah, YOU are a pro. Right. Sure.
    You seem to have a problem with the whole reading and understanding thing, probably best you don't post any more, just making yourself look daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I've heard horror stories though such as lusting on pull and no orb runners.
    Haha this was exactly my experience, I was the only person trying to run orbs and even typing calmly in chat someone please help run orbs nobody came lol. We then ended up wiping after about 10 mins of everyone running around the middle trying to kill tentacles.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to have a problem with the whole reading and understanding thing, probably best you don't post any more, just making yourself look daft.
    (pats Hooch on the head)...

Run along child, the adults would like to converse. Go clean your room or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It's LFR. Might as well just be a cutscene showing the content.
    But when you consider 25 of the 30 people are all AFK, it can get pretty challenging.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    But when you consider 25 of the 30 people are all AFK, it can get pretty challenging.
    Sure, you can also go into a dungeon by yourself to increase the challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did LFR the other day and finished it in 3 stacks of Determination...mainly wiping twice due to the idiots that refused to wipe corrupted stacks by standing in Blood Feast. 1 of those wipes had something to do with the orbs...

Just a few issues...when the warning says to look away from G’huun lest you run in fear, turning away does not work, my back is turned and I’m (along with the rest of the raid) still feared.

Another issue I that I died to having too many corrupted stacks when a blood feast glitched (I think). I’m standing right beside the person with blood feast and he/she jumps and the feast doesn’t go off. Has anyone experienced that?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is lfr Mythrax suppose to be that damn easy? The first, or well second time I queued for G’Huun because the stupid glaive glitch for Vol’jin, and I have to start over and Mythrax was a complete faceroll.

Every lfr I’ve been in since maybe Cata had never been that easy...Madness of Deathwing caused lfr groups to rage quit and Nazgrim of Orgrimmar was rage inducing...Max stacks of Determination...

Deleted
    (pats Hooch on the head)...

Run along child, the adults would like to converse. Go clean your room or something.
    Ah there we go, the classic tail between the legs, with the "child" line thrown in for good measure. Predictable, yet still pitiful, run along, champ, like you said, the actual adults are trying to have some grown up time.