Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Clockwork Gnomes, probably. Maybe Saberon. I'd have to think about this.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Maybe Saberon.
    According to Wowpedia, Saberon can be Warrior, Shaman, Druid, Hunter, and Rogue (RPG classes were not included here). Also, they use the same skeletons as Saurok and Male Worgen, so there you go.

As for racials, it's hard to say. Their Wowpedia article mentions the ability to "shadowstep", having sharp rending claws, and their coordinated hunting parties. Make of that what you will.

Allied races are a waste to anyone who has a main and doesn't want to pay to switch. I'm in that boat, I already have plenty of alts of every race, a cow with different horns just doesn't do it for me.

If they add more customizations for characters of current races (without needing to reroll)? Then yes, I'm down for that.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Wouldnt mind alliance getting holy forsaken on the condition that they were essentially enslaved to a naaru and were called the devoted or something. they feel no pain or anguish but have no free will, essentially the perfect opposite of the forsaken. Also play up the will of the forsaken narrative, these new forsaken recruits are completely unrealistic and its been really bothering me...
    I hope they go with this path too, while the current new undeads from the forsakens are pretty stupid, having holy flesh robots will be a nice reminder about their moto
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

San'layin, but they use Belf skeleton.
    Satyr. Don't care how or who they join, I just find satyrs cool, have since Warcraft III.
    And this will be extremely unpopular as we already have Highmountain, but Taunka brought up to current model standards.
    Lorewise already in the Horde in large numbers, and the bison face is cooler than the cow imo.

I've been thinking about the Ga'narg as of late, since going through Legion I didn't see a lick of them.

Considering the lore still hasn't changed about them being essentially malnourished Mo'arg, thinking once the retreat of the Legion was initiated by the defeat of Sargeras, wonder if they could been made allies for the Horde after being a "weak link" and left to die. Certainly I can see them with a score to settle. And with many races being afflicted by Fel and the Legion, I would see them seeing them with a more sympathetic view.

Their skeletons and animations could be a blend of their original animation with updates and the Pygmy animations from Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    According to Wowpedia, Saberon can be Warrior, Shaman, Druid, Hunter, and Rogue (RPG classes were not included here). Also, they use the same skeletons as Saurok and Male Worgen, so there you go.

As for racials, it's hard to say. Their Wowpedia article mentions the ability to "shadowstep", having sharp rending claws, and their coordinated hunting parties. Make of that what you will.
    Yeah, I'm aware of these things. I don't know if they'd make a great allied race -- especially since female saberon do not yet exist ingame. But some of the tools to create them do, at least. I'm not sure it's a great idea, but it's still a thought.

All I know for sure, is that I really don't want more playable races per faction than playable classes. I could see one extra -- since we'll surely get a new class next expansion -- but beyond that, I like playing everything without doubling up on classes. In that sense, it would leave us with 1-2 more races, and vulpera for Horde is kind of a given. I don't want to bank on more than that.

Having put some thought into this, if I had to settle on these allied races, it would be Clockwork Gnomes and Redeemed/lightforged/etc undead, led by Calia. Would look more 'human', no jarring bones, but the forsaken undead skeleton. Clockwork gnomes are fairly self-explanatory.

Horde would get Vulpera (again, it's a given), and at least one other race as well. If we're following this theme, the last race would use a worgen skeleton/model. Saberon would be my first choice, but sethrakk are also potentially an option. Some suggest they have Alliance bias, but I just don't see it. Given that the sethrakk are primarily neutral, I believe that a different faction of sethrakk would be the ones to join a faction, were it them. The saberon on the other hand could be another race to come from Draenor. It's hard to say why they would be recruited, but a reason could be made. Either way, that leaves us with a simple list:

Alliance: Clockwork Gnomes
    Horde: Vulpera
    Either faction (preferably Alliance IMHO): Redeemed Undead
    Either faction: Saberon or Sethrakk. I leave this one up to the community and/or Blizzard, either could work well and be relatively popular.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we're restricting it to existing player models.

Furbolg based on the Pandaren.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I also wanted to add that I'd like to see some customizations given to specific playable races.

Humans (normal sized ones) should be able to pick which voice they'd like to use between Stormwind, Gilnean, and Kul Tiran (unlockable after the Kul Tiran playable race is).

Night elves should have alternate colored eye options (males should be able to pick silver eyes, females should be able to pick golden eyes). I am not talking about the freaky shadow eyes; they are entirely separate from this.

Dwarves should gain some tattoos, including traditional Wildhammer tattoos. And while we're at it, I'd like to see them gain the option to use Wildhammer voices, but this isn't the reason I am suggesting the tattoos--they are simply a significant part of dwarf culture. That said, this is likely the closest we'll ever get to playable Wildhammer dwarves given how similar they are physically to Bronzebeard dwarves, so I'd gladly take it.

Normal orcs should gain the option to choose from Dragonmaw skins -- it can be unlocked through a quest chain similar to night elves getting their shadow eyes. There are still dragonmaw left and they would rejoin the Horde... even if they aren't numerable enough to be an allied race. I wouldn't be against them having dragonmaw voices.

Lastly, I think tauren should have tattoo and/or warpaint options. Like the dwarves, it's a significant part of who they are, and it's more than a little strange that they can't utilize it.

Given that orcs already have posture options and blood elves their golden eyes, I think this makes for a very fair tradeoff over all between the two factions, and adds interesting customization features for both races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I also wanted to add that I'd like to see some customizations given to specific playable races.

Humans (normal sized ones) should be able to pick which voice they'd like to use between Stormwind, Gilnean, and Kul Tiran (unlockable after the Kul Tiran playable race is).

Night elves should have alternate colored eye options (males should be able to pick silver eyes, females should be able to pick golden eyes). I am not talking about the freaky shadow eyes; they are entirely separate from this.

Dwarves should gain some tattoos, including traditional Wildhammer tattoos. And while we're at it, I'd like to see them gain the option to use Wildhammer voices, but this isn't the reason I am suggesting the tattoos--they are simply a significant part of dwarf culture. That said, this is likely the closest we'll ever get to playable Wildhammer dwarves given how similar they are physically to Bronzebeard dwarves, so I'd gladly take it.

Normal orcs should gain the option to choose from Dragonmaw skins -- it can be unlocked through a quest chain similar to night elves getting their shadow eyes. There are still dragonmaw left and they would rejoin the Horde... even if they aren't numerable enough to be an allied race. I wouldn't be against them having dragonmaw voices.

Lastly, I think tauren should have tattoo and/or warpaint options. Like the dwarves, it's a significant part of who they are, and it's more than a little strange that they can't utilize it.

Given that orcs already have posture options and blood elves their golden eyes, I think this makes for a very fair tradeoff over all between the two factions, and adds interesting customization features for both races.
    It does, Blizzard just seems to be inconsistent about what should be available to a player on a particular race vs it being on an allied race. For instance I got reminded of how when asked about Darkspear Trolls posture options, they felt that the hunch and flowy lumbering gait of Darkspear adds to their whole package, and then went on to say that for Zandalari the straight back makes sense and they are an option for players that want to play a straight back troll.

Whereas they felt the switchable posture between Orc males is something that should be given as a choice to the player. So it all depends y'know, players wanted those Lightforged Draenei options for their Draenei as customization and Blizzard in turn felt that was enough to make it a separate Allied Race.

And then another flippy flop reasoning from Blizzard is the blue/pale skin color change for Void Elves is enough to make them an AR. Yet when adding the Mag'har, they didn't feel the Brown skins alone were enough to differentiate the Mag'har in armor, therefore coming up with the inclusion of it being all the Orc Clans together as a package (with their varied skin colors, warpaint, scars mixed in).

So they definitely don't have any hard/fast rules when it comes to the variations being added to an existing race (as we see with orc posture/belf gold eyes), or keeping it on a separate race (lightforged draenei, highmountain tauren).

What is annoying though is stuff like Night Elves receiving pretty lame "night warrior eyes" when it's been a pretty known request for getting silver eyes on males and gold eyes on females.

Seems like, especially on Alliance side the most so far, Blizzard is only ever "just near" implementing the long-standing requests players have expressed throughout the years.

Like Dark Iron getting tattoos O_O were there any Dark Irons with tattoos in-game? Were they said to have tattoos? Or is that completely new thing that Blizzard decided to throw onto them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Valajar for Alliance and Kvaldir for horde

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    This. The less thing we need is more unfinished races
    It's the same old issue with Blizzard's design philosophy. Always make new stuff. Never finish the old stuff first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionexe View Post
    Catgirls = using pandaren female skeleton
    So.. fat cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Always liked Naga. But there is the legs problem.
    Maybe give them the Worgen treatment by giving them an alternate form. Maybe Night Elf.
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I'd much rather have updated models with more customization. Most races still look like shit even after the rework. Just look at male night elves...
    To be real, I am willing to give up any future AR (unless Ogres) for a slew of more assets of existing races. Still surprised we haven't gotten more battle worn faces and broken tusks and horns. Would definitely be hype for my Tauren paladin if I had some of those.

Deleted
    Hozen. So. Much.

Deleted
    Mok'Nathal and/or Orgres are a must for the Horde.

Naga, as a classic race, should be implemented already as playable. How? Give them some legs when they're out of the water and when they get into the water make them transform and get their classic tail. Easy peasy.

For the Alliance I can only see as a must Furbolgs, since they have been there since the beginning and befriend with the Night Elves. I know that there are the Pandaren already, but Furbolgs cool be more "savage" and tribal looking like.

Deleted
    wouldn't mind stone maul ogres, seeming as they're already a part of the horde.
    Blizzard could just abandon this idea of designing a female ogre and just say they aren't sexually dimorphic and just make female ogres shorter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    wouldn't mind stone maul ogres, seeming as they're already a part of the horde.
    Blizzard could just abandon this idea of designing a female ogre and just say they aren't sexually dimorphic and just make female ogres shorter.
    They alrdy made a concept for female Ogres, they look very mutch like female Orcs.