Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Pandyr Allied Race?

I would love to see this race in WoW. If Mists of Pandaria would have been something like "Lords of the Storm" and would have featured this race instead I think it would have been remembered as one of the best expansions in history, alas.

If they could fix their mistake and actually introduce these guys as an Allied Race, I could almost forgive them for that shit.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pical-Pandaran

Sounds stupid.

Next.

A race of Viking like creatures featuring Norse values and Viking armor and mysticism sound stupid to you, but kung fu pandas don't?

Just in case you wonder why people don't take you seriously as you keep inflating your post count (wow, +5000 over the summer alone, I wonder how many of those were actually constructive...rhetorically), don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    A race of Viking like creatures featuring Norse values and Viking armor and mysticism sound stupid to you, but kung fu pandas don't?

Just in case you wonder why people don't take you seriously as you keep inflating your post count (wow, +5000 over the summer alone, I wonder how many of those were actually constructive...rhetorically), don't.
    Who are these people you speak of? Only one who seems to have this mentality is you.

I mean if you went and polled every user on MMO-C about my post count that you fixate on then credit where it's due then that is some serious dedication.

As for your Panda hate. Will admit you are very dedicated to hating on dem cute fluffy things.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see this race in WoW. If Mists of Pandaria would have been something like "Lords of the Storm" and would have featured this race instead I think it would have been remembered as one of the best expansions in history, alas.

If they could fix their mistake and actually introduce these guys as an Allied Race, I could almost forgive them for that shit.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pical-Pandaran
    The images on that link make them look like a cross between a Pandaran, Dwarf, and Draenei. No thank you!

Edgelord Tennagers hate pandaren because they remind them of those kung-fu panda movies they used to watch last year, so I think we'd be lucky if we ever get some new lore or development regarding pandaren again.

Well, Pandaren are in fact awesome, and MoP is very often remembered as one of the best expansions... so...

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to this.

The Pandyr drawings look very very nordic and they already have Vrykul.

You need to look at unused themes like cowboys, ranchers, Australians, amish etc.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-10-08 at 02:33 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Could’ve had that be the Houjin sect of Pandaren. Probably not be called Houjin then however.

It’s fun art, but I’m more than happy with how the Pandaren turned out.

For part of most end tiers I raid as Pandaran just to piss off people like you. Plenty of races already. No need for this. Hopefully they add Vulpera as those would almost certainly cause a stroke in someone like you.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow...still people comparing it to kung fu panda despite them existing more than a decade before that move ever came to be.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please

Those are the Pandaren WoW most combined with, and they also match the war context we'r in.

It's like a faction of Pandaren that didn't need to subdue their emotions due to Sha.

The problem with Pandaren are they look too fat for modern tastes and armor doesn't look good on them.

If they looked slim they would probably be more popular:

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Wow...still people comparing it to kung fu panda despite them existing more than a decade before that move ever came to be.
    Chen Stormstout was a brewmaster which did no kung fu abilities, and pandaren were otherwise artworked as a race of Samurai/mystical warriors wearing Japanese or Chinese mix and matched attire. Nothing about them ever implied they were heavily asian martial arts oriented. Kung Fu Panda did that, and MOP followed suit.

That's why people compare them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The problem with Pandaren are they look too fat for modern tastes and armor doesn't look good on them.

If they looked slim they would probably be more popular:

[IMG]
    I have nothing against their weight, just how cliche they are. Pandyr on the other hand look incredible. Pandas mixed with Norse mythos and Viking culture. It looks purely Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    For part of most end tiers I raid as Pandaran just to piss off people like you. Plenty of races already. No need for this. Hopefully they add Vulpera as those would almost certainly cause a stroke in someone like you.
    I'll wave at you from my Pandaren Rogue...by the way, wishing people's deaths is a great way to show off what a better person you are in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chen Stormstout was a brewmaster which did no kung fu abilities, and pandaren were otherwise artworked as a race of Samurai/mystical warriors wearing Japanese or Chinese mix and matched attire. Nothing about them ever implied they were heavily asian martial arts oriented. Kung Fu Panda did that, and MOP followed suit.

That's why people compare them.

- - - Updated - - -

I have nothing against their weight, just how cliche they are. Pandyr on the other hand look incredible. Pandas mixed with Norse mythos and Viking culture. It looks purely Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll wave at you from my Pandaren Rogue...by the way, wishing people's deaths is a great way to show off what a better person you are in life.
    2003....5 years before kung fu panda.

You're several expansions too late to jump on this bandwagon. Find a better way to communicate what you believe is wrong with pandaren, or at least get some original material.

Pandaren don't need to be fixed. Just ask for vrykul instead.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    One way to take a panda allied race, why not?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

What is perhaps very frightening is the fact that obviously Pandaren need a major fix to their appearance but they never bothered. Who should take the blame for that?

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Well, Pandaren are in fact awesome, and MoP is very often remembered as one of the best expansions... so...

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to this.
    Ill correct you on that. THE best expansion.