Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In fact, gadgets are what I love engineering in WoW for )

It's a neat little thing. I thought it odd at first because I was only thinking about using it for raids, but I upon rethinking that I don't think Blizzard intended for it to ever be used on highly difficult/progression content where it's likely to mess you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Ok res or not res someone but if you do which means it was a desperate situation where you choose between risking and losing then you can choose risk. It’s one of the most painless choices of you think about it. When you are in a lose lose use it and you may win. Good item.
    The 4 second cast time and needing to be in melee range are dealbreakers for me, not to mention the other issues.

I've found in m+ that it's honestly just better to focus on killing stuff off or kiting if a tank is dead. If the tank dies, that melee will get next aggro and can't res. If a melee dies, the tank is getting his cast interrupted by the item (supposedly) and it's probably a waste of a bres on trash. If a ranged dies and the healer has a bres, they're probably going to let someone else die while moving to the corpse and casting it.

The only situations where I'd bother is on a dead healer or ranged. Ressing a dead tank just won't be feasible with stuff being loose. And even then that's if there's no other bres in the group already, and they're on a shared resource so it might be a waste on some trash pulls. And then it might backfire, and its an expensive one-time consumable that doesn't stack in your bags. And everybody is playing DK tank right now in m+ and raiding anyway, so there's usually a res.

If they can make it like an instant-1 second cast instead of this 4 second thing we'd have a gamechanger, and the item hasn't received any changes at all throughout this lengthy 8.1 PTR.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-12-09 at 03:44 AM.

I wonder if Guardian Angel on that target would prevent the backfire.

Being a rogue, I wonder if cheat death will prevent the backfire and what are the odds of triggering the backfire.

I think you can use immunity.