Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engineers get a brez that can cause death?

Odd concept. Seemed cool at first, but then read it and see that it has a chance to almost kill the user. Depending on proc, this could be a helpful tool or a huge detriment.

The same bullshit with the nitro belt. The backfire chance might be funny in trivial content but when the outcome matters a lot it just sucks.

Should have flavor text saying "Not to be used during progression."
    Sounds like a fun little toy to use when you're grouped with friends outside instances. Or even 5 mans that aren't mythic+.
    Fun toy not to be used in a serious environment.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Deleted
    maybe use an immunity...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like when we have a little of chaotic development in professions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    That's the engineering in general.

You have the best profession with a lot of gadgets to use (even from the past expansions) with a cost of sometimes backfireing

I'm still waiting for portable summoning stone

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two currently-raiding engineers: A resto shaman and a rogue. Clearly not a good risk on a healer, but rogues are expendable so whoever I rez is probably worth more than me anyway if I do die
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Odd concept. Seemed cool at first, but then read it and see that it has a chance to almost kill the user. Depending on proc, this could be a helpful tool or a huge detriment.
    the text says ......

"Chance to backfire, fast forwarding the flow of time on a target resulting in a loss of vitality."

the flavor text says...

"While this device can certainly bring the dead back to life, it may also bring the living to the brink of death."

i dont think its necessarily a 1 shot move... but a high damaging move.... have you already tested this item on the ptr to confirm?

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=158379/...eated-by-spell

This is the backfire spell https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=284206...ble-time-shift, it deals damage equal to 90% of your current (not max) health

5 yard range (must be on top of them), 4 second cast, a chance of backfiring, and expensive mats for a one-time use item that doesn't stack in your bags. Concept is cool but not a big fan

Looks like it turns grey at 150 though so it'll get you to 150 cheaply, which might have been the real appeal. Which means that it'll be cheaper to buy it off the AH than craft it since that leveling thing keeps prices below mat cost
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-10-17 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    5 yard range (must be on top of them), 4 second cast, a chance of backfiring, and expensive mats for a one-time use item that doesn't stack in your bags. Concept is cool but not a big fan
    Yeah, I could deal with a few of those things but all of them together make this a lot less likely to use. But I guess it's better to have it as an option for groups that just don't have a BR otherwise.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

"Unaffected by Invulnerability"

Well, there goes the divine shield and rez with engineering brez strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    "Unaffected by Invulnerability"

Well, there goes the divine shield and rez with engineering brez strat.
    ?? All paladins have a res ability anyway

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    ?? All paladins have a res ability anyway
    They don't have a battle res, thats kinda the point of the item

big who cares, if you're getting so specific that you need an engineer to brez you're already in a terrible group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post

I'm still waiting for portable summoning stone
    As a warlock I truly hope this happens.

So sick of being the summoning bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    big who cares, if you're getting so specific that you need an engineer to brez you're already in a terrible group.
    Yeh cause if you are doing mythic+ without a blood dk you already failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    As a warlock I truly hope this happens.

So sick of being the summoning bitch!
    I think it is neat that each class offers something different to the group. Being able to summon, open portals, heal, rez, battle rez.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I think it is neat that each class offers something different to the group. Being able to summon, open portals, heal, rez, battle rez.
    Honestly it was, back in Vanilla WoW/TBC and typically you had enough room in your groups to bring every class, and you had to have all your bases covered on buffs/debuffs (except perhaps in 10 man raids sometimes in TBC) but it started becoming an issue in WOTLK and it took them a while a to finally come around to realizing that even in a 10 or 25 raid environment people wanted to cover all the buffs as much as possible no matter what. So eventually, even though it was already very flexible compared to the old days, they made it so that hunter's could bring basically any vital raid buff/utility to group via their pets and they just had to swap them in and out and the pet itself could swap to any of the 3 pet types and gain different abilities so it was much more versatile for them.

But then something changed and Blizzard realized that World of Warcraft in the modern day simply worked better without any of that group buff stuff so in Legion they got rid of it. Great idea! Suddenly group comps could be w.e the fuck you wanted in terms of raid buffs, with the sole exception of lust. I was iffy about the change at first too, but the truth is that it was one of the best things they did in that expansion, it went a long way toward making everyone "viable" because the community stigma that you can't bring X, Y, Z class because they don't bring X, Y, Z did not really exist. THAT is exactly why M+ worked so well in the first place. So shifting the game back in that direction but only giving these buffs/debuffs to a handful of classes is maybe one of the worst things these devs have ever done to the game. This on top of horrible class design/balance just completely destroyed everything good about Legion for an expansion that was basically going to be built on all of it's systems and ideas.

As for engineering brez...ok sounds fun. Esp the fact that it doesn't work 100% and can kill people if they're not careful. Now do the same thing with summoning stones.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-10-29 at 09:26 PM.

I'm still waiting for portable summoning stone too.