Deleted

World of Warcraft: Fan spell effect.

Hey,
    Not sure if this is the right place but I made a Wow fan spell effect that I thought I would share with you guys.
    The thinking behind was, "What would it look like if a Restoration Druid had a damage ability".
    So I tried to use a mix of Nature and Arcane (Astral) magic.

Hope you like it!

OLD:

NEW:
    Last edited by mmoc56b818aee8; 2018-10-21 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Would like to see more

Is it just me or that seems pretty similar to some arcane mage cast?

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool!

I'd change the name however, as when I hear "roots" I automatically think of something sprouting up beneath you and holding you in place. Perhaps something like "Fury of Elune" or something?

EDIT: Also, this ability should have an additional utility to it. Since Restoration is fully able to use damaging abilities like Moonfire, Sunfire and Solar Wrath, perhaps you could give this ability something else it does to make it worth while using?
    Something like it gives a buff that increases healing done by your next healing spell (although plenty of talents do this already).
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2018-04-30 at 09:16 PM.

Nifty! ^.^ Animation and mesh/textures are nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see more <3

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Thats really cool, you've got some real talent man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I want to see more <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    Would like to see more
    More is coming, working on a Mage Healing spell now ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Thats really cool, you've got some real talent man.
    Thanks! Been working with FX in games for 5 years, It's rly fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaina Proudmoore View Post
    Nifty! ^.^ Animation and mesh/textures are nice.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I'd change the name however, as when I hear "roots" I automatically think of something sprouting up beneath you and holding you in place. Perhaps something like "Fury of Elune" or something?
    The name is just for flavor, I leave that up to the designers ^^

Deleted
    Did a major overhaul on it, I think it matches the look of Wow VFX much better now.

I wish they moved balance druids more towards nature magic instead of lunar/solar stuff, I really like the first one.

old one may fit druid because it has green color only, other than that both is just arcane mage spells.

Overall Great work

xXx English is not my first language xXx

Never seen anything like this, it's really cool. I do have to say though that animation 2 looks too much like a basic arcane spell IMO, it would work but animation 1 is way more slick and unique looking. I also appreciate that spell effect 1 has a lot of moving parts but the details are pretty easy to see in animation, which WoW seems to actually struggle with at times with some spell effects.

I'd call it something less rooty and more missily though, since the name sounds very much like it should be a sort of Entangling Roots type of spell. Something like Thornbolt or Nature Lash or something of the sort.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like the particle effects on the first one better (with the leaves) and the projectile pattern on the 2nd one.

But I agree with others, wish druids would get more nature spells and less sun/moon stuff.
    Summoning lashers, infesting with spores (what Botani did to Orcs in WoD), explosive mushrooms, creating a protective wall of thorny brambles, impaling roots, etc.
    Kupo.

I'm with some of the others that it looks too much like the arcane missiles spell. The effects are nice, but it doesn't feel like it'd "mesh" with existing druid abilities. Note in-game how they revamped abilities so each class has a certain "pose" to the majority of its spells.