Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Would you like more zones like Drustvar in game?

I mean,that zone is probably the creepiest zone in WoW. The music,the environment and autumn atmosphere - that's just great. Also,those pig and crow people - I even didn't understand how they are made.

I haven't played through the Nazmir questline,but I suppose that's Horde's counterpart with all the swampy areas and evil trolls. The Stormsong also had a potential to be this creepy, Lovecraftian themed zone,but I guess we just needed a sunny area and it's fine by me.

Aren't basically every alliance complaining that its the worst zone ever made ? Only played horde so no clue. Quests aside. I would take drustwar any day of the week over nazmir. Just a dank swamp. But if the story is as shit as people say it is, then maybe not

Personally I hated every microsecond of that zone. If we never see a zone as bad as drustvar again it will be far too soon. None of the Alliance zones story wise were any good whatsoever but drustvars in particular stands out for all the wrong reasons.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd support that. Nazmir also stands out, Zuldazar too. I enjoy the more dense area's as opposed to the desert area's like Voldun. (Stranglethorn #1!)

What nailed Drustvar for me is the mob-types, the area and the inhabitants really compliment each other.

I liked Drustvar a lot and that pretty funny thread from the other week showed it wasn't exactly the minority opinion. But i wonder if -from a design standpoint- its because those zones are more uncommon so they dont feel like white noise just to fill time like redridge or wod nagrand.
    It was a nice, nostalgic visit to a vanilla style zone where theres an underlying evil presence and you are not [THE GREATEST HERO EVER] but just a adventurer who gets dragged into helping the locals and exploring a spooky woodland. Same as Duskwood really. Something that Blizzard lost when they started to veer away from 'spooky' to 'generically epic until the term loses all meaning'. Just go back to places like tirisfal glades in vanilla with the bodies of dead farmers hanging from trees like rotting fruit and the skeletons of children that ran for safety out the back of scarlet monastery. Over time, like most big name game brands in the west really, they changed for appeal to a younger audience and part of that meant these kinds of locations are far less common and as such they stand out and are more memorable. Would they be as appreciated if they tried its schtik all the time and ran out of content and just threw up entire questlines or zones that plagarise movie plots again under a horrid "but its just joke, you get reference right?" reasoning? probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Personally I hated every microsecond of that zone. If we never see a zone as bad as drustvar again it will be far too soon. None of the Alliance zones story wise were any good whatsoever but drustvars in particular stands out for all the wrong reasons.
    Why the story is bad exactly? I didn't figure who is the villain in there up until the last quest - where you find out who the mother is.

To start with, id like it if they didnt cut the content in half by splitting zones between factions.
    Once thats done we can discuss what zones we want. I liked drustvar, it was way better than tirisgarde sound or stormsong valley.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Aren't basically every alliance complaining that its the worst zone ever made ?
    What, why? It's definitely the best, most interesting and most consistent alliance zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I think you can figure it out if you do the wedding quest line.
    You find out,that she's behind the murder of her fiance,it doesn't point directly that she is the leader of a coven.

Drustvar is my favorite zone in WoW, loved it, and this comes from an alliance player.
    But i also love gilnean-type zones, and they do feel a bit the same with the dark theme.
    I welcome more zones like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Why the story is bad exactly? I didn't figure who is the villain in there up until the last quest - where you find out who the mother is.
    Because it doesn't fit with the expansion in any way shape or form. If it wasn't for Gorak Tul being tied to Jainas story this would of easily been the most useless zone in WoWs history. Granted, I get this expansion isn't over yet, but the odds of anything in this story being tied to the grander picture of BFA to me seems like it's going to be less than none. And that's just the impact of the story.

The actual storyline itself was designed to be as painfully boring as humanly possible, from the ridiculous and utterly pointless witch trial, to guiding lucille through the catacombs to get the book that leads her to resurrect an order that literally exists just to exist and be non impactful in any way shape or form for the rest of time. The story feels like it was made to make you not care on every level.

Aesthetic wise, I didn't like that either. The zone was designed to be spooky and instead came off incredibly dull. Even the music, which I almost never criticize failed to save this zone.

TLDR: I didn't like the zone in any way shape or form. One mans opinion of course.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Drustvar is one of the best zones in the game

Drustvar is awesome! So yes, more theme-zones like that please.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I didn't like about drustvar was the giant creepy witches everywhere.

Like, they should have kept them as "special" creatures instead of just leaving em around. Are we to believe that every single woman that became part of the heartsbane coven became a weird snow-white crone-looking witch?

I also feel like they should have given Lady Waycrest some more well-established motivation... you learn (if you read the dungeon journal) that she sold out to Gorak Tul because she wanted to keep her husband alive... but you never glean that otherwise. She just comes off as an unsympathetic villain who sold our her nation for... really no reason, and has a bunch of followers wanting death and destruction to no real end.

Other than that, though I feel like the zone was well put together and had a fine story. Just a few points here and there could have used refining or fleshing out.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2018-10-22 at 08:26 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

it is good at start but becomes tired after a while... I like that kind of zones (Dustwood is one my all time favorites). Just dont put 500 quests in it and also I dont understand what was wrong with flat zones and now we need to take 10 different routes to get from point A to point B? The zones feel smaller when I constantly have to move on road to reach my destination because there always mountains in between or other stupid design that I need to go around..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    What, why? It's definitely the best, most interesting and most consistent alliance zone.
    Yeah, out of the three, Drustvar is by far the best.

Stormsong feels very slapped-together, moody soldiers, OMG Horde invasion, now go kill some quillboars, polluting goblins, "Wacky" pirate antics, and then the two bits that add up to some story: Tidesages gone loopy and Naga on the coast.

Tiragarde sound was similar, a lot of disjointed groups of people with their small errands, and inbetween "Oh yeah, Ashvane".

Compared to that, Drustvar is very focused on the witch problem, setting up the Order of Embers, and finally going for the manor, the only zone where a single questline (Albeit with some detours) ties the zone together, like a nice rug...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I mean,that zone is probably the creepiest zone in WoW. The music,the environment and autumn atmosphere - that's just great. Also,those pig and crow people - I even didn't understand how they are made.

I haven't played through the Nazmir questline,but I suppose that's Horde's counterpart with all the swampy areas and evil trolls. The Stormsong also had a potential to be this creepy, Lovecraftian themed zone,but I guess we just needed a sunny area and it's fine by me.
    Loved Drustvar but I don't want zones like Drustvar just because they were popular. Zones have to fit the setting they are in, after all.

Stormsong had a good start but was split up into too many problems.

Far right: Old gods and the sea and shit.
    Center right: The Horde is coming!
    Center left: Shit, the Naga is coming!
    Far left: Oh, just an every day problem
    Stormsong side of the mountains: EVERY PROBLEMS, AND AZERITE!?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Chekhov's Gun. You don't introduce an element to the story if there is no reason. Why tell us her mother is a bitch if you don't plan to use her as a bitch?
    True. I think,that I did the main storyline and only afterwards that quest though,which might explain why I didn't have the suspicions about her being the main villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Because it doesn't fit with the expansion in any way shape or form. If it wasn't for Gorak Tul being tied to Jainas story this would of easily been the most useless zone in WoWs history. Granted, I get this expansion isn't over yet, but the odds of anything in this story being tied to the grander picture of BFA to me seems like it's going to be less than none. And that's just the impact of the story.

The actual storyline itself was designed to be as painfully boring as humanly possible, from the ridiculous and utterly pointless witch trial, to guiding lucille through the catacombs to get the book that leads her to resurrect an order that literally exists just to exist and be non impactful in any way shape or form for the rest of time. The story feels like it was made to make you not care on every level.

Aesthetic wise, I didn't like that either. The zone was designed to be spooky and instead came off incredibly dull. Even the music, which I almost never criticize failed to save this zone.

TLDR: I didn't like the zone in any way shape or form. One mans opinion of course.
    Well,I think it's a bit too early to state,that Gorak Tul and the drust magic wasn't a part of a big picture. The whole BfA is about the forces of death and void - Sylvanas, Bwomsandi and Gorak Tul representing the first and the old gods,Azshara,Stormsong,Ghuun representing the second. For now all we see is peak of iceberg - we literally don't know what the depths have prepared for Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Aren't basically every alliance complaining that its the worst zone ever made ? Only played horde so no clue. Quests aside. I would take drustwar any day of the week over nazmir. Just a dank swamp. But if the story is as shit as people say it is, then maybe not
    The oppposite. Most people think Drustvar is one of the best zones of BFA.

Loooved drustvar, absolutely hated tiragarde sound. See how it works? Different people different taste.