Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

I blocked Raider.io - who else is in the club?

As soon as I learned that Raider.io now allows setting profiles to private, I did that immediately. I also did the same for Warcraftlogs.

The strange thing is: I really don't do Mythic+s. I do, however M0, for fun. I decided to block Raider.io and Warcraftlogs mainly because I don't feel comfortable that it's a norm for people to inspect my performance via 3-rd party addons. I prefer to keep that data to myself.

Who else is in that club? Do you use Raider.io? Did you block it as well?

Deleted
    well gl getting into groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    One less scrub to carry in weekly then.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yes and now? Having no raider.io score is even worse than having a bad rio score, good luck still finding groups.

Although you wrote anyway that you do not do the applicable content, so *shrug*...

Well... my guild is doing M0 and low stone M+s, so I'll stick with these. But then, I'm casual who doesn't want to be inspected

Deleted
    Raider io is a tool that gives others much needed information. There's nothing wrong with rio at all.

The only problem is when people use it without thinking and only look at score without looking at more relevant things. Feel free to create your own groups and let absolutely anyone join. I'm sure after your run with randoms you'll switch back to io because it let's you see who has the relevant experience.

Deleted
    people wont inspect you in lower keys etc. so no need to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezdichko View Post
    Well... my guild is doing M0 and low stone M+s, so I'll stick with these. But then, I'm casual who doesn't want to be inspected
    Being a casual doesn't mean you have to be a bad player. I play around a hour a day, I don't raid and have 379 ilvl. What's your excuse? Oh, you're a casual that hides behind the casual mask and hides logs from everyone because you're ashamed of them

The strange thing is: I really don't do Mythic+s. I do, however M0, for fun.
    what was the point of this thread if you don't do m+ ... ...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I'm grateful for the add-on. Too many times have I made a group ignoring what the add-on told me. I'm trying to do a +5 and the people I invite don't have a +5 done. Guess what the result is. Extra pulling, mechanics not being followed, people obviously not knowing tactics to be successful, bad attitude (not exclusive to this scenario), defensive mentality when I try to explain things to people, much higher rate of someone leaving after a wipe.

The add-on does not predict these things happening. But it gives you data that shows the performance of someone. Someone who has completed the level of the key I am working on or higher is much more likely to know how to complete the key successfully rather than having to luck into it.
    So raider.io is a tool. How it is used is up to each individual user.

Help me understand your point a little more though. You say you prefer this data to be private, but you also say you don't really run Mythic + so why does it matter that the data is private? You have no data to show if you don't run them. Does it just make you feel a certain kind of way that people can see what you do or don't do? Does that matter? I don't understand your point here.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

As soon as I learned that Raider.io now allows setting profiles to private, I did that immediately. I also did the same for Warcraftlogs.

The strange thing is: I really don't do Mythic+s. I do, however M0, for fun. I decided to block Raider.io and Warcraftlogs mainly because I don't feel comfortable that it's a norm for people to inspect my performance via 3-rd party addons. I prefer to keep that data to myself.

Who else is in that club? Do you use Raider.io? Did you block it as well?
    The other scrubs i suppose :P but hey, have fun in your brand new safe space!
    We humans have to stick together

Good for you, but why did you feel the need to make a post about it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    Raider io is a tool that gives others much needed information. There's nothing wrong with rio at all.

The only problem is when people use it without thinking and only look at score without looking at more relevant things. Feel free to create your own groups and let absolutely anyone join. I'm sure after your run with randoms you'll switch back to io because it let's you see who has the relevant experience.
    There are some thing wrong with these scores, but i don't want to beat a dead horse, but i can't just pass by your claim that there is nothing wrong with it at all.

Community segregation. Arbitrary score that by no stretch of imagination gives you enough information. Having to use 3rd party system.

Three weeks ago i've experienced a hilarity of sorts, a boomkin left our group (BDK, fire, feral, resto shaman) with /p lol 368 fire what a joke, is this a boost? /p LOL YOUR SCORES GL NOOBS
    We replaced him with literally next guy on the list, finished 7th key for +1 and called it a day (since miraculously all of us got a 3 day stim pack in HotS simultaneously, so we did that instead). I decided to check that boomking after the dungeon - we created group again and that boomkin was still there, applying to our 8th key. I ran straight to raider.io, looked at his recent keys - none today. "Okay", i thought, "maybe it has long time to update". I checked it next day - still no keys recorded on his whooping 900-something score account (dunno honestly if this enough or not). Every time i try to look into players of this kind i get something funny or hypocritical. Granted i didn't do high M+ pugs in legion and did 10 just once in bfa, mostly because... you know... fire mage, feral druid, resto shaman and BDK. We'll just wait for buffs
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Raider.io.
    I did a Motherlode +8 and a Shrine of the Storm +8 hoping to be done with it and that crappy site score. Turns out Raider.io forgot I actually ran that content. At first I thought it just had to update the page still, but then I did a +10 ToS and it showed.
    So I still have +5 both in Mother and Shrine listed there and I'd rather level another char to 120 than slog through them again.
    If people are gonna regard a site like it's a Book of Truths, it better work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Fuck Raider.io.
    I did a Motherlode +8 and a Shrine of the Storm +8 hoping to be done with it and that crappy site score. Turns out Raider.io forgot I actually ran that content. At first I thought it just had to update the page still, but then I did a +10 ToS and it showed.
    So I still have +5 both in Mother and Shrine listed there and I'd rather level another char to 120 than slog through them again.
    If people are gonna regard a site like it's a Book of Truths, it better work.
    Iirc if your run didn't appear in top 100 runs of your server raider.io can't track it. So tough luck if you are playing on high pop competitive realm

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Being a casual doesn't mean you have to be a bad player. I play around a hour a day, I don't raid and have 379 ilvl. What's your excuse? Oh, you're a casual that hides behind the casual mask and hides logs from everyone because you're ashamed of them
    How the hell did you do that ?? i don't raid don't do M+, how do yet all the 370 + gear ??

This brings me back to the time of Wrath and Gearscore. People judging someone based on a score... Thank god I don't do m+ so I don't have to deal with that shit and those people.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    The other scrubs i suppose :P but hey, have fun in your brand new safe space!
    Internet will find him/her anyway!

Deleted
    I don't have any interest in "elitist" content anymore, so I don't even have this. Too much segregation in this game.