Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    ? I know what you mean about being a tank, but don't get your reasoning on the rest. All Raider.IO does is allow group leader to see your relevant experience without tabbing out to go to separate website. They can see it in-game. Why would checking player experience before inviting lead you to worry about fail group? Do you feel the same about raids? Is it wrong for RL to check someone's raid experience before inviting? Why should M+ be different?
    Because the person ISN'T checking my experience?

He's checking a character, nothing more, not my experience. So, that discussion point is out of the window.

Raider.io just feels like another nanny tool in connection with previous addons we've seen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Because the person ISN'T checking my experience?

He's checking a character, nothing more, not my experience. So, that discussion point is out of the window.

Raider.io just feels like another nanny tool in connection with previous addons we've seen.
    Raider.IO is absolutely checking experience. Even on your alts, it will show your experience on your main (assuming you linked your account). It will show your overall keys completed, keys completed in time, and best key completed for the instance you are applying to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I was at 2k in Legion. I haven't played as much in BFA, I am no longer in a guild and my real life friends all stopped playing. I've had no choice but to pug to get my chest. I haven't even done all weeks. That means it doesn't matter how well I do, the score is reflecting my pick up groups, not my own ability. This is the kind of thing that many people are probably bothered by. I don't give a shit because I'm barely playing BFA, but I can understand the point of view.
    But that's no different than raiding, right? Apply to a raid with little-to-no experience, and you'll be lucky to get into anything other than beginner raids. I see nothing wrong with this. Players still learning should be in beginner groups. If you have mad skills to skip right to top, you probably have contacts in-game who have seen your mad skills and will invite you. But some of this stuff is very specific, like how to handle particular pulls with particular affix combinations, and experience does matter!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezdichko View Post
    As soon as I learned that Raider.io now allows setting profiles to private, I did that immediately. I also did the same for Warcraftlogs.

The strange thing is: I really don't do Mythic+s. I do, however M0, for fun. I decided to block Raider.io and Warcraftlogs mainly because I don't feel comfortable that it's a norm for people to inspect my performance via 3-rd party addons. I prefer to keep that data to myself.

Who else is in that club? Do you use Raider.io? Did you block it as well?
    I think its strange you think that stops them from going to armory in 30 seconds anyway.... not that anyone would even bother...............

Deleted
    Not sure what was the point of that. People who can't see your stats, will automatically assume that it's for a good reason that you're hiding them, like Blizzard not releasing sub nunbers anymore because they're really bad and nothing to brag about.

the day blizz blocks raider io is the day i quit wow

Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    This is because you did not make it to the leaderboards. However your scores will track regardless.
    It quite literally says leaderboard. You can't show 500,000+ runnings on a constantly updating leaderboard.

So in short... all scores are tracked by the addon and site. Only the top 500 are tracked via the leaderboard.

You clearly didn't search as their site says "top 500", but this is also in reference to the leaderboard, not general scores.

They quite literally say on the website when certain key logs are full and list said keys.
    This doesn't happen very often, and they are usually keys ranging between 5 to 7. I am also on one of the biggest servers and my keys are pretty casual yet my scores are all recorded.

Yet again, you don't need to be in the leaderboard for your scores to be tracked.
    One of my runs was over an hour (awful group, countless wipes), yet it was still tracked. - http://prntscr.com/la3hmf
    It all depends on the amount of one key being ran that week that decides if the logs are full or not.
    Currently there are none, but it is also wednesday.
    https://prnt.sc/la8dlj
    My realm is Blackmoore, the other one is the realm with the highest filled capacity. +9 atfer one day in a few dungeons, ONE DAY!

Yes it is possible to track your run even if it isn't listed in the leaderboard of your realm. But for this you need a player from an other realm where this run can be listed in the leaderboard there. It needs to be listed at some point in atleast one leaderboard. other wise: no points.
    Thats why i said you have to rely on a player from an low pop realm.

Blackmoore will be filled with +10/+11 runs at friday or early saturday, for all dungeons. And most other realms aswell.
    The fact that you can do m+ with players of other realms, or have the possibility to track your runs over leaderboards from other realms make the whole idea of having leaderborads seperated per realm so stupid. Why not make one big leaderboard for the entire region? with 100000 slots per dungeon or something like that?

I don’t use it, done one mythic 5 man so far, came close to getting cancer from it so never went back..

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    The leaderboard wasn't extended. Since it's implementation, the leaderboard has displayed the top 100, the API has reported the top 500. It never changed. The API used to report ALL runs though, not just the top 500. That was a move to gimp RIO. I believe they even said at the time that they hate things like GS / RIO becoming to wide spread and accepted.
    That is wrong.
    January 26: Blizzard announces it plans to extend leaderboards from 100 to 500.
    January 30: The Mythic Keystone Dungeon leaderboards now support up to the top 500 rankings (was top 100).

You are right, though, that they never bothered to update the leaderboards webpage to show 500 entries. They only increased the number of entries available through API, from 100 to 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    These comments are far too calm and rational for MMO-C. You sure you're in the right forum?
    The posters here come from so many different backgrounds, that it's indeed hard to not jump at them for every outrageous-sounding claim. I'm constantly trying to remind myself that they are not wrong, they just have a different perspective (often - they are just a lot more casual). So it does not matter what content I find hard or easy, it does not affect the fact that this content feels completely different to other players.

I think most threads around here would benefit from following this suggestion:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    I feel like people should clarify what difficulty and skill cap they are before posting threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    he's r1 glad obv bro
    He's an r1 MMO-C onanator for sure. 1y member >4K posts .
    A quick browse through his postings will tell you just how delusional the guy is.
    Just ignore and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    That is wrong.
    January 26: Blizzard announces it plans to extend leaderboards from 100 to 500.
    January 30: The Mythic Keystone Dungeon leaderboards now support up to the top 500 rankings (was top 100).

You are right, though, that they never bothered to update the leaderboards webpage to show 500 entries. They only increased the number of entries available through API, from 100 to 500.

The posters here come from so many different backgrounds, that it's indeed hard to not jump at them for every outrageous-sounding claim. I'm constantly trying to remind myself that they are not wrong, they just have a different perspective (often - they are just a lot more casual). So it does not matter what content I find hard or easy, it does not affect the fact that this content feels completely different to other players.

I think most threads around here would benefit from following this suggestion:
    Good point. If two players have had very different experiences playing the game, for whatever reasons, it follows that they would have trouble agreeing here. It's like the blind men and the elephant.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I think I'm missing something.

So you're saying that you hate RIO and how it's hard for you to get m+ parties and now you're making it private as an attempt TO SHOW THEM and having even less chance now to get into groups?

...what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I don’t use it, done one mythic 5 man so far, came close to getting cancer from it so never went back..
    It's like going outside, getting your feet into a rain puddle and then saying "fuck it, never going outside again, literally gave me cancer".

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezdichko View Post
    As soon as I learned that Raider.io now allows setting profiles to private, I did that immediately. I also did the same for Warcraftlogs.

The strange thing is: I really don't do Mythic+s. I do, however M0, for fun. I decided to block Raider.io and Warcraftlogs mainly because I don't feel comfortable that it's a norm for people to inspect my performance via 3-rd party addons. I prefer to keep that data to myself.

Who else is in that club? Do you use Raider.io? Did you block it as well?
    I did the same and before people go lol you won't get invited ext wrong i have a guild and don't need it anyways. it's a win win for me. win i still do them and another win i don't get random trolling trying to talk crap that my ranking is lower then them ext becasue i don't do it all day long ext.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I think I'm missing something.

So you're saying that you hate RIO and how it's hard for you to get m+ parties and now you're making it private as an attempt TO SHOW THEM and having even less chance now to get into groups?

...what?
    I do wonder if people actually transfer this logic to real life. I have the mental image of these same users getting annoyed with companies requiring prior experience for jobs so they decide to password protect their resumes when they send it across. Could well be a personal "win" in their eyes but ultimately just results in recruiter just deleting the application and moving to the next applicant.

Deleted
    People complaining about Raider.IO really have no clue that we will use any other metric available to determine whether you'll be a good fit or not. It's like you're applying to a job interview but you don't want to make your past available to us, of course you'll have little chance of joining.

People will always find something to judge a player by, so whether that's logs, raider IO, wowprogress or something else. If you want to have a chance of getting into groups then the easiest way is to complete a +10 in time with EVERY dungeon, that'll give you a baseline of 1000. If you can't manage that (with your key or with guildies), then that's most likely why people are hesitant to invite you as that's not a hard thing to do with the item levels today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I did the same and before people go lol you won't get invited ext wrong i have a guild and don't need it anyways. it's a win win for me. win i still do them and another win i don't get random trolling trying to talk crap that my ranking is lower then them ext becasue i don't do it all day long ext.
    Are you trying to say "etc" (as in et cetera)? Also if you only group in your guild why would R.IO even matter to you in the first place?

This thread and the raider.io fanboys are the prime reason blizzard need to make the API private and block this cancer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    This thread and the raider.io fanboys are the prime reason blizzard need to make the API private and block this cancer
    Yeah, because having less information is better than having more information

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah, because having less information is better than having more information
    having less information and less elitism any day over the shit thats going on now

Blocking that makes no difference at all. People pick based on the highest scores so having no score at all will just put you below people with no experience at all.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    having less information and less elitism any day over the shit thats going on now
    "Elitism" is a buzzword of 2018

No, seriously. If I'm making a party for King's Rest and a I'm ASKING FOR PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE in the same dungeon = elitist. Do I need to make quotas for gay people, different races, nations and religions in my pug parties?
    This is getting absolutely ridiculous.