Mytic+ Frost Mage not viable this week?

When slain, non boss enemies leave behind a lingering pool of inchor that heals their allies and damages players.

Thoughts on being frost mage during this week or rather go fire?

Deleted
    Always go fire

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost is fine, the control and AoE burst you bring is still amazing, and the constant AoE slow is vital for your tank to kite where needed.

The pools don't spawn IMMEDIATELY after mob death (they take a second or two to grow and activate) so a good tank will be backpedalling a pack away from a dying mob already. I played Frost in the first Sanguine week and rarely had trouble (except for some pesky caster mobs)

Also, spec out of Frigid Winds. I usually just pick up Ring Of Frost (and then proceed to forget I have it, mostly). Doesn't matter which you pick as long as you don't have Frigid Winds.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtelfficker View Post
    When slain, non boss enemies leave behind a lingering pool of inchor that heals their allies and damages players.

Thoughts on being frost mage during this week or rather go fire?
    I literally had this thought yesterday. Went fire in TolDagor - and it just wasn't good. Probably due to a hunter refusing to throw a slow trap down, but I ended up switching back to Frost after the whole Prison section was infested due to noone killing the adds.

The value of Comet Storm nukeage on the Ghuun spawn's is pretty invaluable.

As someone said above - spec out of frigid winds, and if you're really REALLY scared of sanguine, bring a DK to grip.

Good luck,
    Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Marvino View Post
    I literally had this thought yesterday. Went fire in TolDagor - and it just wasn't good. Probably due to a hunter refusing to throw a slow trap down, but I ended up switching back to Frost after the whole Prison section was infested due to noone killing the adds.

The value of Comet Storm nukeage on the Ghuun spawn's is pretty invaluable.

As someone said above - spec out of frigid winds, and if you're really REALLY scared of sanguine, bring a DK to grip.

Good luck,
    Marv
    Granted I'm not the most experienced M+ player in the universe, can you really change spec mid-dungeon? I believe I tried in the past but never could.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    Granted I'm not the most experienced M+ player in the universe, can you really change spec mid-dungeon? I believe I tried in the past but never could.
    Hey man,

Yes you can you just walk out the instance. So for example it's not viable in places like Kings Rest where you spawn at the 3rd boss or something, but in a place where you spawn at the dungeon entrance, like Atal Dzarr, Underrot, Tol Dagor, you can easily smash a boss with let's say arcane spec, then switch to frost, it just means you are not with the group for 30-40 seconds!

Rarely worth it, unless you're really struggling. That's the only reason I changed spec mid way

RIP frost mages with new patch

Frost is just fine unless your tank has downs, in which case go Fire.

Frost is amazingly useful to keep mobs away from the tank/your group in case the tank needs to start kiting/the tank died. Frost Mages are how wipes are prevented, and on a week like this (Fortified, Grievous, Sanguine being bad for specific dungeons), having that kiting ability is insane.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Frost is always great on Mplus no matter the affix's because of the extremely high utility and on demand burst, but it will require a change in playstyle for sanguine. Drop frigid winds for a start.

Deleted
    Simple steps to follow here:
    1) don't glacial spike mobs inside sanguine unless you're certain it'll kill them
    2) don't shatter CmS inside sanguine either
    3) this should be self explanatory, but don't nova mobs inside sanguine
    4) as already mentioned by previous posters - drop frigid winds
    and finally the most important part:
    5) play with a tank who knows what he's doing