Why does MM not get a stun?

It's obvious that Blizzard wants to pigeon hold every hunter into playing survival. Simply comparing the tool kit that MM has v. Surv makes that apparent. . I had hoped that going into 8.1 MM would have a more complete tool kit. For a class that revolves around casting... you have nothing to assist in getting casts off. No roots, no stuns, a mediocre snare. Would be easier to defend if Concussive Shot slowed more (60-70%).... that could be an argument. Maybe make Binding shot a stun again and also a baseline MM ability?
    Last edited by Calevra; 2018-12-11 at 05:59 PM.

i wish hunters had wings so they could fly

Quote Originally Posted by Molgz View Post
    i wish hunters had wings so they could fly
    I wish that our disengage had no cooldown out of combat, or maybe only 1sec.

at topic:

I don't miss a stun really, although I would love a stronger snare, sometimes i don't feel like the person I hit is slowed at all.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean no roots, stuns and snares? Are we playing the same class?

Freeze trap, tar trap, concussive shot, binding shot, explosive trap (pvp talent). I mean MM is by far a strong spec in pvp (arena) but I would be able to see it work in RBG.

MM should have an abillity that reads:

xxx ability:
    Knock the target back with a powerful shot. If the target collides with a structure, the target is stunned for 5 seconds

or something like that. Kinda like Vayne in League of Legends. probably a stupid idea, but i think it would be a cool concept.

or this:

Arrow to the knee:
    Fire a shot at the targets knee, dealing x amount of damage, and incapacitating it for 5 seconds.

don't really know if it would be needed though, we got a good toolkit as it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerathul View Post

Freeze trap, tar trap, concussive shot, binding shot, explosive trap (pvp talent). I mean MM is by far a strong spec in pvp (arena) but I would be able to see it work in RBG.
    MM
    a strong spec
    in pvp (arena)

All in one sentence?

we got a good toolkit as it is.
    What exactly is good about MM toolkit? Have you played survival this season?
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2018-12-11 at 12:14 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    MM
    a strong spec
    in pvp (arena)

All in one sentence?

What exactly is good about MM toolkit? Have you played survival this season?

By far a strong spec.

You're allright there?

Deleted
    By far a strong spec.

You're allright there?
    You make no sense. Do you mean "by far the strongest spec" or "by far the weakest spec" or "MM is far from being a strong/weak spec"?

How exactly does explosive shot count as a stun or a root? Hrm... Considering BM and Surv get a stun (Imtimidation) and MM gets nothing of the sort. I imagine because of its need for a pet to be present and that don’t mash well with a passive like lone wolf. Still, blizzard was too lazy to give MM it’s own stun :/ ... which is typical. Also ... MM as it stands is probably one of the most underrepresented specs in arena ATM ...
    Last edited by Calevra; 2018-12-11 at 05:58 PM.

How could MM possibly be a strong arena spec in the 1 week that the spec has been available, when top players have had 45+ minute queue times for that span?

I guess when you didn't know what roots and stuns were that was a warning flag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    MM should have an abillity that reads:

xxx ability:
    Knock the target back with a powerful shot. If the target collides with a structure, the target is stunned for 5 seconds

or something like that. Kinda like Vayne in League of Legends. probably a stupid idea, but i think it would be a cool concept.

or this:

Arrow to the knee:
    Fire a shot at the targets knee, dealing x amount of damage, and incapacitating it for 5 seconds.

don't really know if it would be needed though, we got a good toolkit as it is.
    Giving MM a stun comparable to a paladin stun would be a good idea.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    How could MM possibly be a strong arena spec in the 1 week that the spec has been available, when top players have had 45+ minute queue times for that span?

I guess when you didn't know what roots and stuns were that was a warning flag.

- - - Updated - - -

Giving MM a stun comparable to a paladin stun would be a good idea.
    Nice troll.

has the concussion shot being extended by steady shot change helped? binding shot should be baseline or maybe silencing shot should come back

10+ Year Old Account
    You have bursting shot (knockback + snare), binding shot and scatter shot through pvp talents.
    On top you have freezing trap, tar trap and concussive shot.
    If you really need another stun to get a burst-combo off you should definitely work on your playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Calevra View Post
    How exactly does explosive shot count as a stun or a root? Hrm... Considering BM and Surv get a stun (Imtimidation) and MM gets nothing of the sort. I imagine because of its need for a pet to be present and that don’t mash well with a passive like lone wolf. Still, blizzard was too lazy to give MM it’s own stun :/ ... which is typical. Also ... MM as it stands is probably one of the most underrepresented specs in arena ATM ...
    Explosive trap dude, it counts as knockback. I don't see explosive shot counts any cc benefits at all. Pvp talent'd btw. Scatter shot pvp talent, explosive trap pvp talents along with whatever left u have cc such Bursting Shot and consussive shot , tar trap and freezing trap is far good enough. what more do you want?
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2019-02-02 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Explosive trap dude, it counts as knockback. I don't see explosive shot counts any cc benefits at all. Pvp talent'd btw. Scatter shot pvp talent, explosive trap pvp talents along with whatever left u have cc such Bursting Shot and consussive shot , tar trap and freezing trap is far good enough. what more do you want?
    I agree that Hunters have some decent cc/snare/slow options, stuns are still desirable. Lot of specs have both. Mai difference can be seen in PvP where you can continue to do damage during a stun vs a cc breaking from it. Having any kind of window to lower a target and then stun them to try and get a kill is extremely beneficial.

yes, we need more stuns in the game
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I agree that Hunters have some decent cc/snare/slow options, stuns are still desirable. Lot of specs have both. Mai difference can be seen in PvP where you can continue to do damage during a stun vs a cc breaking from it. Having any kind of window to lower a target and then stun them to try and get a kill is extremely beneficial.
    only if we could brought back pet unique ability with stuns and other unique abilites. Sadly blizzard kills the whole pets unique abilites and make them all equal.