Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Do Kul Tirans even worship the light? I haven’t seen any churches or priesthood outside of Shamanism via the tidesages.
    Many of them still say things like "by the light" or "thank the light" (Jaina being a good example) mixed in with their speech.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the whole point of Kul Tiras is the huge glaring connotation to the sea and water, inspired by Lovecraft's Cthulu mythos from what we see in Stormsong Valley? compared to the Wickerman stylized paganism we see in Drustvar which justifies the druid connection.

It makes sense for shaman and mages due to the kingdom being so heavily committed and connected to naval fleets, seafaring and the seas.

Being paladins detracts from that.
    Last edited by Benomatic; 2018-11-05 at 09:09 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Many of them still say things like "by the light" or "thank the light" (Jaina being a good example) mixed in with their speech.
    Jaina was raised in Dalaran though, she left Kul Tiras when she was a small girl and thus spend most of her time in Dalaran and Lordaeron - oh and she dated a paladin.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    5 of the Alliance races can be paladins though, that's quite a lot.
    You mean the 2 recolor of the race that already had paladin? I mean I would be happy if the Draenei and Dark Iron didn't already have paladin. I think it's safe to say that humans compared to Kul Tiran humans look ugly and the latter is not holding the bar high.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post
    You mean the 2 recolor of the race that already had paladin? I mean I would be happy if the Draenei and Dark Iron didn't already have paladin. I think it's safe to say that humans compared to Kul Tiran humans look ugly and the latter is not holding the bar high.
    .... Ooookay, wasting my time here clearly!

Allied race classes were never intended to be balanced. But then again, we didn't hear the mag'har make a fuss while the dark iron were having CLOSE TO EVERY FUCKING THING like the other dwarves.

.... Ooookay, wasting my time here clearly!
    It's not about class balance if there was no way that they would not give dark iron and draenei paladins. There we didn't even have a choice. But with Kul Tirans, a new society for us, could have had a part for the paladin.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Allied race classes were never intended to be balanced. But then again, we didn't hear the mag'har make a fuss while the dark iron were having CLOSE TO EVERY FUCKING THING like the other dwarves.
    Nah that mostly drowned in the "HURR DURR MAG'HAR PRIESTSTS!?!?!?" and "HOLY GARROSH AAAARGH!" jibberjabber.

They should have been able to be paladins, Zandalari being able to be paladins while Kul'Tirans not being able to is ridiculous. Then again we get another horse so we really shouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    But Zandalari trolls where?!!? Seriously??? There's no reason for Kul'tirans not to be paladins and warlocks. It's just stupid. Glad they at least added mages after players complained that they have a minor *cough* mage with Jaina .... this is just idiotic.
    They added kul tiran mages? When and where did that happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Do Kul Tirans even worship the light? I haven’t seen any churches or priesthood outside of Shamanism via the tidesages.
    I agree with you. There isnt any lore pointing towards holy warriors in the Kul Tiran culture.

But aesthetically i have to agree with the OP that Kul Tirans look good in plate armor. That is why i am rolling a warrior

Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post
    I wonder what the reasoning behind not having mages is. Considering one of Tol Dagor bosses is a fire mage and that Jaina is a mage. Clearly frost mage has got to be related to some water magic with their elemental and icy spells.
    I feel like I can't be the only one to think that mages and paladins wouldn't have ruined the fantasy. I mean people were even looking forward to the "Reinhardt" look.

It's also weird they can be priests and warriors but they can't be paladins.
    Blizzard better beef up humans to "MAKE PALADINS GREAT AGAIN".
    Kul tiran's were never introduced to paladin lore/culture/training. I don't see why you would even assume they could be paladins considering they had zero interactions with the "light"

The "fire mage" in TD is not mentioned as a mage anywhere in game and her title is <munition's expert> and it is mentioned that she was fascinated by fire and she uses no iconic mage spell or ability. There are warlocks, shamans, even DHs in game that uses fire based spells that doesn't make them mages.
    Only reason Jaina is a mage is because she was sent to Dalaran to study magic from a young age and been living in eastern kingdoms/dalaran and not in KT.

The water magic and elementals are associated with shamans more than mages which is probably why they are getting KT shamans since shamanistic lore is not introduced in any other way in KT

You can just say I want KTs to be X class and not try to base it on some shaky logic. Blizz has moved away from lore justifications a while ago and opened up class/race combos that don't make much sense so why not. I want zandalaris and Dark irons to be DKs but thats probably not gonna happen and even that has a better justification since there is a whole troll undead zone in northrend and there were a ton of Dark irons around preWotlk and could have been raised by LK a while back.

5 of the Alliance races can be paladins though, that's quite a lot. As for the lack of Kul Tiran mages; there isn't a school of arcane magic in Kul Tiras. Ever since Kul Tiras cut their ties to the Alliance, they lost contact with Dalaran, thus no more mages. Orcs aren't dumb either, besides they were trained by the Forsaken of Undercity, and the mag'har mages are were trained by the ogres of Highmaul.
    I'd say 3 alliance races, since LFD and DID are just recolors of standard races. KT humans have brand new models, so giving them paladin race would actually feel like a new option for alliance paladins.

And yeah, there is no mage school in Ku Tirans and arcane isnt really a part of their culture, but thats my point. If Orcs, a race that has 0 arcane presence in their culture are able to learn it from other races, then why Kul Tirans cant? Why they cant put a mage school founded by SW humans or Dreanei and say "since they joined alliance, alliance is teaching them the arts of arcane", surely as a race they have a potential to master it, seeing as arguebly the most powerful mage currently alive is kultiran... It wouldnt be a big stretch and right now its just a pointless limitation that is supposed to show how different they are from SW/Gilnean humans (or worse - to balance some idiotic faction class/race ratio).

They should try harder to open possibilites for character customization rather than limit them with some petty reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    No shut up and take your druids and shaman and be happy.
    I second this. Roll a Stormwind human paladin.

Deleted
    yet, they did a green kul'tiran ashbringer, many paladin chroma green and gold, just like the kul'tirans colors, and we can't be paladin, nice

well it's not like they can be mages either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Hm interesting! But I do have to ask for a reminder, have we even seen any Kul Tiran mages before? Thats why I believed they wouldnt be mages because we havent really seen any. Jaina seems to be the only notable one but even then she went to Dalaran to hone her skills. My headcannon was she was more of a tidesage but while in Dalaran became more magey (hence why she always uses frost more then anything else).

Be neat if they were mages though!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe down the line but if you think about the whole of Drustvar, the light didnt do anything to fix the problem. It was other class representatives if you would that dealt did it all. Order of the Embers seem to be more Warriors and Hunters (even the flashback we didnt see any of the original members use the light. Paladins just arent a KT thing.
    I guess it all depends upon the contents of that Book you lifted before hitting Arom's stand. In truth, that might have the instructions for the first paladins on Azeroth, long before Alonsus Faol tried to make them a thing in the Alliance.

We'll have to see.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    I guess it all depends upon the contents of that Book you lifted before hitting Arom's stand. In truth, that might have the instructions for the first paladins on Azeroth, long before Alonsus Faol tried to make them a thing in the Alliance.

We'll have to see.
    There is nothing at all even remotely Paladin-y about the Order of Embers. You have to be reaching really, really, really, really hard to even try to see a glimmer of Paladin in them. They used fire, alchemy, and silver to fight monsters and witches. There was nothing magical or holy about them. They were just warriors specifically trained to fight one specific type of foe with specific weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 goats and 2 dwarves seems like plenty of paladin to me, don't need 2 humans.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Two races which share the same animation rig zzzz.

Male KT would have been something unique. At least they gave them the ability to be mages though. Small victories.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If the 2 goats and 2 dwarves were actually different model/animation wise that would be fantastic. However LFD is literally just Draenei with extra facial customization that could’ve been added to regular Draenei and you wouldn’t notice a difference at all especially if you’re wearing armor.

I mean they gave blood elves golden eyes as a customization option meanwhile LFDs are an allied race of Draenei with..golden eyes and a golden symbol on your forehead that you can’t even see with gear.

It was kinda dissapointing to be honest. Any of the new allied races so far that can be Paladin are essentially exactly what we already have on alliance just with extra customization regarding very specific facial features like eyes or beards that could be added as options to the regular race and there wouldn’t be much of a difference physically.

It was definitely a stretch but I’d like to see actual new allied race options on alliance for Paladin. Both of the new ones like KT/velfs can’t be and it’s pretty unfortunate.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-11-07 at 08:36 AM.