Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Well I'm actually struggling to complete my m+ all 15s on time achievement. Ffa mode on, don't have people to get carried by. And "ret sucking doing shit dmg" is a big part of that and community stance on it. Since I don't get invited to any 15s at all if trying to pug it.
    yeah, it's rough. Unless you're a rogue, a frost mage or a DH. Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vangorium View Post
    I am at 374 ilvl running Heroic and Mythic Uldir and M+10
    Which says nothing of who you're comparing against, show your logs, let's see your parses vs your raid's. Obviously Ret will be fine when they're parsing greens all day and you're not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck me runnin, I just looked at one of your Zul kills where you parsed 99%. A fucking rogue parsed a 35% and topped you and that was with you having a nearly 19% retribution uptime.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    The mobility is pretty bad. its hard to ignore when everyone else can zoom past you/away from you. Also the downtime in dps rotation makes ret feel clunky. ive mained ret since TBC and lately ret feels lacking compared to other classes. Its still fun though ! ive swallowed the reality of not getting invited to groups (or atleast have a tough time getting a group for any H raid or high M+) and not reaching 2k reena rating. oh well /end rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    4s? Are you using inquisition and execution sentence or something? It was never as bad as 4s to me, but i run DP and righteous verdict.
    DP, Righteous Verdict, and Blade of Wrath. All it takes is a dry spell with the RNG and you're just sitting there.
    ...on use racials are best used
    I should hit my stun break just to fill in time?

Haste does help. Even if %wise it is the same, the ammount those periods last is less making it easier to keep things like Righteous verdict buff up or get more globals in the AW or ES windows. So, i wouldnt understate it's value.
    I'm not saying Haste isn't valuable, quite the contrary! What I'm saying it that it doesn't reduce the time you spend doing nothing, something many people think that it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    DP, Righteous Verdict, and Blade of Wrath. All it takes is a dry spell with the RNG and you're just sitting there.
    I should hit my stun break just to fill in time?

I'm not saying Haste isn't valuable, quite the contrary! What I'm saying it that it doesn't reduce the time you spend doing nothing, something many people think that it does.
    Obviously, not all races are blessed with good racials. I meant things like the LF dranei racial or arcane torrent wich are on the GCD.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-12-11 at 03:06 AM.

Looking at your rankings, on mFetid you've got the #21 Ret parse, and the #2741 overall DPS parse. With 24 DPS specs one would expect #21 in a spec to be about 450-500 overall. That's depressing.

not everyone's guild lets them do shit like pad build on zul.

Ret has garbage design and does garbage damage. In my opinion, it is the hands down most poorly designed DPS spec in the game and I would warn off anyone from playing it. Clunky, unrewarding rotation and poor AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildozer View Post
    not everyone's guild lets them do shit like pad build on zul.
    True except its not a padbuild but a minisubrogue shit (nowhere near as good of course). You will never beat that boss dmg with a normal spec. Our adds are sadly tanked out of storm range so breaking melee range to gain stacks is a huge loss anyways...

Fixed a bug that prevented consecutive Divine Purpose procs. To compensate, Diving Purpose damage and healing increased reduced to 20% (was 30%).
    So bugs get compensated by nerfs now?

Quote Originally Posted by General Guderian View Post
    So bugs get compensated by nerfs now?
    Even after the nerf, DP is still better than it was before the patch. They nerfed it so that it isn't miles ahead of Inquisition and Crusade.

With the new Azurite trait, Crusade pulls ahead of the others currently (depending on other talents and gear). Welcome to Legion Mk.II.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Even after the nerf, DP is still better than it was before the patch. They nerfed it so that it isn't miles ahead of Inquisition and Crusade.
    But if it was a bug, that should mean they balaned the dmg around it being able to proc itself, meaning a nerf isnt necessary. If they knew it was bugged and balanced the dmg around it not being able to proc itself, why did it take till december to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by General Guderian View Post
    But if it was a bug, that should mean they balaned the dmg around it being able to proc itself, meaning a nerf isnt necessary. If they knew it was bugged and balanced the dmg around it not being able to proc itself, why did it take till december to fix it?
    You may remember how Gurthalak was 'bugged' and proceed 'too often' for Ret, back in Cata? And how the bug was 'fixed' even though it didn't cause Ret to do excessive damage, and other bugs over the years have been allowed to stand because they didn't affect numbers badly, or fixing them would damage a spec? Well, welcome to being a Paladin, where bug remain unfixed for ages, unless they are helpful to us, and then they are 'fixed' right away.

With the news Azerite Talents we got, the free DS (E.Power) things feels better. Yes, we are still praying the RNG god, but it smooth out the rotation and give a much needed burst AoE possibility. It feels good.

Add Light decree that helps our burst much more and we are getting there.

A nice buff/upgrade we received.

With DP FINALLY able to proc on itself, it has a nice synergy with the free DS procs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    People are always exaggerating. The fact is that all specs in the game are perfectly viable for both raiding and mythic+. People are just getting more and more spoiled as class balance is getting better and it has come to a point where a spec is deemed completely broken if it is just a little bit behind the best spec on the logs.

Point being: You can definitely play ret pala. Don't worry about it. We are not in vanilla anymore.
    +1! love your comment mate! totally agree.
    the diff between classes isnt that noticable, people may disagree, but if u're not a harcore mythic raider, then u'll be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    With the new Azurite trait, Crusade pulls ahead of the others currently (depending on other talents and gear). Welcome to Legion Mk.II.
    How is it Legion mk2? No crusade nor debuff window. Surely it's better than.

Also, i agree with the general opinions. The free DS procs get the DP train rolling and fill in those empty GCD's. I just hope theres no nerfs cause the trait is so far ahead of the others, but it really is needed for us to keep up.

only problem I see the cooldowns

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care if ret was double the top current dps on the charts, it's still boring as fuck to play with a clunky slow ass rotation.

Nothing screams fun like waiting to press ANY button regardless of haste. Does crusader strike still hit for less than an autoattack in 8.1? LOL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I wouldn't care if ret was double the top current dps on the charts, it's still boring as fuck to play with a clunky slow ass rotation.

Nothing screams fun like waiting to press ANY button regardless of haste. Does crusader strike still hit for less than an autoattack in 8.1? LOL.
    No one that uses the word 'clunky' knows what they mean when they use it.