Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zandalari Paladin(Prelate) Mount

You can take a first look here.

I personally love it, since I already use the Jade Primordial Direhorn as my mount in preparation for the Zandalari race change.
    I would like it to have a bigger sit though, maybe half as big as the Primordial Direhorn.

What you guys think?
    Last edited by Johny-Blade; 2019-01-09 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-Blade View Post
    You can take a first look here.

I personally love it, since I already use the Jade Primordial Direhorn as my mount in preparation for the Zandalari race change.
    I would like it too have a bigger sit though, maybe half as big as the Primordial Direhorn.

What you guys think?
    Hrmm. Well it's not a horse or ram (check). It looks cool (check). Seems to meet all the criteria of a horde mount!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Cannot express how disappointed I am with this. A raptor mount would have been way better. I already see the same kodo/elekk problems tauren and draenai have, stuck in every second doorway. And...come on...a zandalari on the class mount horse? Not cool. Divine Steed will be a letdown both ways.
    For normal riding I think I will go with the collectors edition raptor and some pterrordax for flying.

A glyph to change the direhorn into a raptor would really nice, but...one can dream.
    Just use the BfA CM raptor mount. I do agree though, the Prelate Loa is (was) a giant t-rex, not a direhorn. Though I suppose part of the "zandalari joins the Horde"-questline could be finding a new super-duper Loa.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Cannot express how disappointed I am with this. A raptor mount would have been way better. I already see the same kodo/elekk problems tauren and draenai have, stuck in every second doorway. And...come on...a zandalari on the class mount horse? Not cool. Divine Steed will be a letdown both ways.
    For normal riding I think I will go with the collectors edition raptor and some pterrordax for flying.

A glyph to change the direhorn into a raptor would really nice, but...one can dream.
    Aren't you talking about a mount horde already has? From collector's edition bfa

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like I said in my post, I am going to use the CE mount.
    Doesn't change the fact, that Divine Steed is either a direhorn, which gets stuck or a horse, which isn't fitting for a zandalari.
    First world problems, I guess.
    Despite this rant I still look forward to playing a troll paladin.

I think we lack some direhorn loa, don't we?
    We do, which is odd since the Zandalari sure do use direhorns for quite a lot. More than tigers, sharks, frogs etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    We do, which is odd since the Zandalari sure do use direhorns for quite a lot. More than tigers, sharks, frogs etc.
    Nope, there is a Direhorn Loa, her name is Torcali, she just hasnt appeared outside an aspect of her.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Torcali

I think she might be the new Prelate Loa because of the mount, we'll just have to wait and see. :3

Quote Originally Posted by P5YKO-TP View Post
    Nope, there is a Direhorn Loa, her name is Torcali, she just hasnt appeared outside an aspect of her.

I think she might be the new Prelate Loa because of the mount, we'll just have to wait and see. :3
    Wouldn't it make more sense to be Shirvallah?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shirvallah

They took Tortollan from Hearthstone and Shirvallah is the new legendary paladin card. Possible connected?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post

They took Tortollan from Hearthstone and Shirvallah is the new legendary paladin card. Possible connected?
    The deal with Shirvallah is a bit odd since feral druids used to be able to transform into a half tiger/half humanoid form through a talent called Claws of Shirvallah that lore wise was invdented by the troll druids.
    So if you include Hearthstone lore, Shirvallah at the moment shares both lore for the druids and the paladins and that makes the situation a bit confusing for no apparent reason...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post

I just went with what the mount was. I also thought Shirvallah might become the new loa, but then I'd assume a Golden armored tiger mount.

Though, there is nothing that says the Loa is bound with the mount. Just simply felt logical.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2019-01-09 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Looks pretty lit.

I mean, pally mounts are always racial mount + armor. It has been estabilished since Blizzcon that the Zandalari racial mount would be a direhorn. Why are you surprised that the pally mount is an armored direhorn?

I swear to god, some people have completely unrealistic expectations. No wonder you are disappointed by everything and anything.

10+ Year Old Account

I thought it looked pretty good, then you mentioned this and I couldn't help but agree that a raptor in the similar style would be cooler. I don't hold out much hope sadly. Maybe in the distant future.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

Son of a gun! Well, I stand corrected then

Oh yeah, my belf pally is going Zandalari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone older than me remember the show Dino-Riders? Because I am so getting that vibe from that mount lol

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Anyone older than me remember the show Dino-Riders? Because I am so getting that vibe from that mount lol

Oh yeah baby!

Where exactly is it said that Rezan was loa of prelates/paladins? As far as I remember, the story just says he was the loa of kings, the paladin loa is just head canon anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Where exactly is it said that Rezan was loa of prelates/paladins? As far as I remember, the story just says he was the loa of kings, the paladin loa is just head canon anyway.
    ''We are the prelates of Rezan, highest order of holy warriors to serve any loa.
    Our path is the elite, taking only those gifted from birth with prowess in battle and gifted by the loa, and crafting champions of light to defend our empire.
    And no, we do not have any openings or hand outs.''

After Questline:

''We are broken.
    The light of Rezan has left us. Only a handful of those that followed the great king of the loa still have any sort of power, and even they are suspect.
    Our life was devotion itself. Now who do we become?''

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Prelate_Rata

''We are the prelates of Rezan, highest order of holy warriors to serve any loa.
    Our path is the elite, taking only those gifted from birth with prowess in battle and gifted by the loa, and crafting champions of light to defend our empire.
    And no, we do not have any openings or hand outs.''

After Questline:

''We are broken.
    The light of Rezan has left us. Only a handful of those that followed the great king of the loa still have any sort of power, and even they are suspect.
    Our life was devotion itself. Now who do we become?''

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Prelate_Rata
    Oh, ok, in that case, Devilsaur would make more sense for their class mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Oh, ok, in that case, Devilsaur would make more sense for their class mount.
    It would, if Rezan wasn't dead.

They must get their powers from someone else, I assume, which is why I assume it's Torcali, the Direhorn Loa, because of the mount.

We haven't seen her yet either. We'll just have to wait and see what pops up on the PTR.