Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Devs nearly confirm that Sylvanas won't be killed as a raid boss

An article between Eurogamer and Alex Afrasbai has been released.
    Sylvanas' ultimate fate "you're going to have to wait and see", naturally. But it sounds like, at least for now, Sylvanas is simply too beloved to kill off.

"She's an interesting character and she's a character beloved not just by our playerbase but by our developerbase as well," Afrasiabi said. "Like I said, I've been personally working on her since 2006, making stories for her; I definitely have a connection with her in a lot of different ways, and her just ending up as a raid boss feels like a bit of a letdown to me.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-1...n-for-sylvanas
    And it nearly confirms to us Sylvanas won't go down a raid boss in BFA.
    "Sylvanas' destiny is to be found out and discussed by the player base, but it would be dismissive to think she'll just go down as another raid boss, because she's a little bit more than that.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2018-11-09 at 10:21 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Good. Garrosh 2.0 storyline is bland.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    They're going to Kerrigan her.
    This Starcraft’s biggest crime.

Garrosh was not killed as a raidboss either. Just sayin.

Yep, this right here
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Sylvanas can't become a world boss for the sole reason that the main idea of the "horde" is that they are a bunch of renegades that most of the world sees as bad, but in truth they are really "nice", that's being said garrosh tried to erase that idea 2 expansions ago, how would we be able to believe in that concept, if in only a matter of years another warchief would do pretty much the same thing as garrosh? As lazy as the wow writers may be, thats something they cant and wont do ever.

You may argue that she is doing the same things garrosh did, but if you pay attention to the details, you will notice that they have different plans for sylvanas, and make it look like she is garrosh 2.0 is exacly what they want right now.

I was never expecting her to be as I still contend they're gonna have her do a big heroic sacrifice after realizing she became the two people she hates the most... because why waste all the Arthas and Garrosh SYMBOLISM?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Good. Garrosh 2.0 storyline is bland.
    garrosh didn't die in his raid either, so if she is raid bossed (as the pattern shows for blizzard turning the warbringers into raid bosses) and she gets away, it will literally be garrosh 2.0

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Frasabi also said the position of Warchief might be opening up soon at blizzcon. Who the fuck knows.

I never expected her to be a raid boss, even despite her absolutely massive popularity. They're not setting up the Horde in game to be against her. A part of the playerbase, and a few characters like Saurfang and Baine, yes, but plenty of the factions, including the player, support or have the option to support her. The story isn't going to be a repeat.

It's possible she still dies in a manner that isn't becoming a raid boss.

In fact, if she does die, that's pretty much guaranteed to be the case because as clueless as Blizzard is even they probably aren't gonna do Siege of Orgrimmar 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember she still has extra lives, thanks to the Valkyrs. So, it could possible she dies then get resurrected, for the sake of the narrative progression.

Im happy to hear she wont be a raid boss, But I will be VERY sad if she gets killed off in general.

now Jaina on the other hand...
    I can't wait to kill that dreadlord

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this topic is getting really dull.

What's left to discuss? Let's just wait and see.

This is also what I expect

I'm surprised people actually thought she was gonna be killable. I think it was just wishful thinking from all the people who hate her so much lol.

There's this important tidbit right after;

"Does that mean you will not fight her?" he added. "Not necessarily true either. The reality is you can fight her every day of the week in Grommash Hold, in a raid, right now. But I do think there's a lot more to Sylvanas' story that hasn't been told yet."
    While the quote in the OP seems to lean away from Sylvanas dying as a raid boss specifically, it's still possible that Sylvanas will be a raid boss and still possible that Sylvanas will die, just with different timing (and possibly just one and not the other). That doesn't even rule out Garroshing her, because Garrosh didn't die as a raid boss either.

Besides, they've been coy enough about where the story is going that I wouldn't put it past them to deliberately mislead people with fluffy answers. Anything short of "Sylvanas will not be and/or die as a raid boss" in plain English shouldn't be taken as confirmation of anything.

So, it's probably a good idea to keep expectations in check.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And then it turns out that everything that happened so far was part of Sylvanas master plan to save Azeroth. From the very beginning, she created Hogger to train the Alliance heroes, killed Mankirk's wife to do the same for Horde's champions, orchestrated the Wrathgate, pretended to be killed by Godfrey. Even Stormheim was, somehow, part of a greater plan, with Genn playing his role perfectly.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to follow an Old God crazed Warchief, the Alliance is there for you.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)