8.1 exalted rep changes and heritage armor?

Sorry for the stupid question guys, but does anyone know if those changes to exalted reps will work towards heritage armor as well? Turns out that my Worgen Rogue (who was a NE prior to cata) has all of my alliance reps capped. My Dwarf on the other hand, has no rep capped from the Alliance. I'm wondering if I should get on it now before the patch goes live or just save myself the effort and wait for the changes to reps.

Account wide rep works for achievement and reward purposes only. Like if you reached exalted with Defilers on one of your characters, all of your characters can now buy the tabard. The in-game trackers does not acknowledge their rep however. So quests like "Gain honored status with Nighfallen" will not be auto-completed.

So yes, you will still have to grind IF rep on your dwarf even if you Worgen is exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Account wide rep works for achievement and reward purposes only. Like if you reached exalted with Defilers on one of your characters, all of your characters can now buy the tabard. The in-game trackers does not acknowledge their rep however. So quests like "Gain honored status with Nighfallen" will not be auto-completed.

So yes, you will still have to grind IF rep on your dwarf even if you Worgen is exalted.
    Kind of what I was afraid of... oh well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Like if you reached exalted with Defilers on one of your characters, all of your characters can now buy the tabard
    Is that correct, or is it just that they can transmog to that tabard but still can't buy it ?

Deleted
    To be fair in this specific scenario, tabard grinding is MUUUUUUCH easier/faster than levelling for allied race heritage sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    Is that correct, or is it just that they can transmog to that tabard but still can't buy it ?
    Actually not sure. The transmog requirement is for sure lifted. I assumed because this change supposedly works for mounts that it works for all rewards but I am not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Kind of what I was afraid of... oh well. Thanks!
    Fortunately you should be okay. Throw on your IF tabard and go farm Halls of Lightning. You should be able to get exalted status very quickly

You can transmog the item if you have it in the wardrobe, but you still will need the rep to buy it and add it.

Also tabard grinding seems to work even in bfa dungeons, one of my alts suddenly dinged exalted with Gnomeregan, seems I had the tabard equipped and transmogged to invisible, so I even forgot I still had it on.

Yeah, tabard grinding is extremely fast. So while you will have to earn that rep, it won't be a lot of work.