Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i dont get the recent change. we got a +5% all dmg en some un used talent. and today every single spell is nerfed. did i miss something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    i dont get the recent change. we got a +5% all dmg en some un used talent. and today every single spell is nerfed. did i miss something?
    Yes, the blue post which said the next datamine will look funny, the abilities aren't nerfed...they just changed how they are written or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    There's the big big red line with all the abilities. So i guess they removed the 43% damage reduction on all those abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    There's the big big red line with all the abilities. So i guess they removed the 43% damage reduction on all those abilities.
    They told about it in the blue post 5 days ago:

In an upcoming Public Test Realm (PTR) build, several changes are coming for Enhancement Shamans.

We’re adjusting the following talents:

• Boulderfist damage bonus increased to 35%.
    • Lightning Shield will no longer generate any bonus Maelstrom when the Lightning Shield overcharges.
    • Landslide changed to a 40% proc chance.
    • Forceful Winds reduced from 100% per stack to 80% per stack.
    • Totem Mastery: the Storm Totem benefit increased from 5% to 10%.
    • Hailstorm’s damage increased by 50%.
    • Overcharge now causes a 9 second cooldown to Lightning Bolt, down from 12 seconds.
    • Fury of Air damage increased by 40%.
    • Crashing Storm damage increased by 40%.

Lightning Shield and Forceful Winds are both popular talents right now, and we don’t want to reduce Enhancement’s overall damage with changes to those two talents, so additionally:

• The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%.

The changes above should help make the different choices on many talent rows much more competitive with each other.

In addition to these changes above, we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated. This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed. Do not panic; we are not lowering all of your damage and healing! This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

Thank you for testing with us on the PTR!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    They told about it in the blue post 5 days ago:
    Yea i know, i was replying to the other poster that was confused as to where the 5% buff was coming from when every numbers on abilities were nerfed. He missed the big red line that meant removing the 43% damage reduction that was on since launch of expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Yea i know, i was replying to the other poster that was confused as to where the 5% buff was coming from when every numbers on abilities were nerfed. He missed the big red line that meant removing the 43% damage reduction that was on since launch of expac.
    tottally what i missed yup. but the hearth attack was near!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    No idea, Ele has the exact same problem with Lava Burst as well (we can spec into Echo but on live/PTR it's not doing super well either).

And good grief, why is so fucking hard for them to increase the Maelstrom cap? It's such a simple numerical change that will go a really long way in improving the flow of the spec, even if it doesn't "fix" it.

Pre-Legion Enhancement was so much nicer to play, actually fit the battle mage fantasy and had a bit more nuance to it and wasn't as frustrating with RNG. It was weird as hell but it was unique.
    I've been wondering this since the launch of BfA... Yeah, it doesn't fix the core problems of enha, but it would give us more room for pooling / spending. It's infuriating that lava lash, which btw feels still meh to press, costs nearly half of our maelstrom cap.... Thank god I'm gearing my fury warrior for 8.1.
    Edit. Enha is not completely broken imo. I still like it alot. Just loosing my interest it in at this point.

So did anyone play the PTR? Is it any better than the current patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Butser View Post
    So did anyone play the PTR? Is it any better than the current patch?
    no1 plays enh shaman anymore

Patch 8.1 PTR - Build 28616
    nothing else, were totally fine. Ion lied and now as shamans according to him were all going to be on suicide watch.

RIP

Last edited by Razaron; 2018-11-30 at 10:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, is he fucking serious?

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

7+ Year Old Account
    I went and checked the discord and he's not wrong. Noone actually discusses anything. It's mostly people playing other games because blizzard killed shamans this expansion and now they don't want to play anymore. The discord channel is like a meet up for shamans who are in need of closure.

Also that just explains the buffs they got since he believes its just a % thing and not the fact that the talents that enhance has do not complement the rotation at all, which is why we take the talents with the least amount of strain on the spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a single change for shamans or their azerite powers.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Also that just explains the buffs they got since he believes its just a % thing and not the fact that the talents that enhance has do not complement the rotation at all, which is why we take the talents with the least amount of strain on the spec.
    If i had to take a guess, he either got his head washed by the class team which told him that Shaman is "actually fine and no changes are neccessary, just crybaby Shaman think they're bad" and he just bought it or he shifted his position because he realizes that a rework is not happening due to [reasons].

Reminder, those statements were made by him in September during the Reddit AMA:

For Elemental and Enhance, they both could use their niches more clearly defined, and there are some rotational/talent issues that we've seen raised, which are beyond the scope of hotfix-level tuning and will have to wait for an upcoming patch.
    Right, it's valid criticism that DPS spec shamans don't feel like they have sufficient offsetting strengths right now. I wasn't saying that they do. We have work to do there.
    They don't fit, if Shaman is just a 2-3% behind then this entire "it has no niche" thing wouldn't come up.

It's actually funny that they announce stuff for fixing the spec and ppl are like oh great! (including me...)

But when the patch is getting closer we are getting more worried and afraid we are just a simple spec that is getting ignored.

And the day they announced the enhancement changes, it felt really.. really crap and hoping there was coming more. Sadly this is probably it, instead of solving the core problem they just ignore it and do some simple buffs/nerfs on spells to give you more selections in talents.....

Well I think it's time to reroll. Maybe it's time to go ranged dps :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    This is my problem with the buffs as well. Don't get me wrong I'm more than happy to see something really but when they came out and made the announcements it made it sound like they were going through testing more mechanical changes simply because they said they needed a lot more time. These are number tweaks. Theoretically these are the dials they could just adjust to try and fine tune our numbers. Surely this requires some testing to get correct but does it take 4-8 months to do? I highly doubt it.
    Agreed. Using 8.1 feral as an example: core of the spec remains the same, but actual changes on skills, talents and mastery; changing the game-play at least a moderate amount (i'm not a feral pro, have one as an alt tho). "Balancing" our talents feel lack luster to me, when we were promised a rework. And I would happily settle for something like ferals are getting...
    Last edited by mmocf2a505393c; 2018-12-05 at 09:36 PM. Reason: alcohol

Did anyone test the ptr buffs in M+ and what talents are looking good for optimal dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Did anyone test the ptr buffs in M+ and what talents are looking good for optimal dps.
    prolly hailstorm with natural harmony gonna be rly good
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player

All that I want is an increase in Maelstrom cap, 120 is a start, 130 is good.

Other than that, I am actually okay the feast or famine style of Enh Shaman. We already have too many build and spend spec like Fury warrior, let Enh be its own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    All that I want is an increase in Maelstrom cap, 120 is a start, 130 is good.

Other than that, I am actually okay the feast or famine style of Enh Shaman. We already have too many build and spend spec like Fury warrior, let Enh be its own thing.
    who cares about maelstorm cap when all u have to do is spam ss
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player